Speculation: Offseason Thread #6 (Mod post #318)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
It certainly doesnt make up for much but the publicity he would get in NY would sure as hell raise his brand image even higher in the spotlight here. I think he would get more endorsements in this market than pretty much any other.

Yeah, exactly. Even if the Rangers do not offer as much as Buffalo and etc., NYR have the endorsement possibilities only rivaled by TOR. But, even then, people complain about the NY's tax when TOR's is worse. So, I think we'll at least be one of the finalists, for better or worse. My only concern is the money with Stammer. :help:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I think Nash's best endorsement days are behind him so I'm not sure if comparable.

Last edited by a moderator:

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Did not see this posted, but I thought it was interesting. I would definitely be on board for Stamkos if he took "less" money.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-...tamkos/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I listen to nhl network Sirius xm religiously and experts, TBL writers and insiders all say money is not the main thing.. He wants to win and be the guy.. IMO it seems as tho he hasn't signed in TBL bc of an internal issue with the coach or Stevie and it has to be with how they used him this year and last with playing the wing more often then not. He is a c..

Who knows how this plays out.. If the money right how do you not try and sign him?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think Nash just isn't approachable in that sense. It literally shows in his game. He flys under the radar at times and keeps to himself. He'll do the post game interviews but always used the same tone. Some call it even-keeled others call it vanilla. Depends on how you look at it. Not saying it bothers me as a fan because it doesnt. I have liked Nash here.

But for Stamkos, I think people, the media, etc., are more drawn to him.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Right, but how much more than 1.7M that he already has would he get here? It's not McDavid or someone who is the main new marketing power of the NHL.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Here's one thing about a potential Stamkos contract. Pretty decent chance that either the NHLPA or the NHL opts out of the CBA in 2019. Any new CBA will have a compliance buyout without penalty, so in theory the Rangers could get out of a Stamkos contract after what should be the most productive years and before his play deteriorates too much and it becomes a giant albatross.

Yeah but they already have 2-3 of those now!

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Edmonton really going to sign Lucic and trade Hall?

Really?

Really?

I don't know where you heard that rumor, but trading Hall is certainly not true. EDM won't trade their franchise winger.

Oh and in case you missed it. We ain't gonna trade for jack! Book it. We'll sign some minor players and our RFA's, that'll be it.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't know where you heard that rumor, but trading Hall is certainly not true. EDM won't trade their franchise winger.

Oh and in case you missed it. We ain't gonna trade for jack! Book it. We'll sign some minor players and our RFA's, that'll be it.

If they sign Lucic, they're going to have roughly $16m tied up in top 3 LWers.

I suppose they'd probably move Benny P. Who's going to take Pouliot at $4m for three more seasons? How much value does he have?

Lucic to Edmonton just doesn't really make sense to me.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Non-Stamkos related thought: if the Kevin Hayes camp gets crazy and starts asking for $3.5-$4m, should we explore trading him and signing Vadim Shipachyov, who apparently is still open to playing in the NHL?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Non-Stamkos related thought: if the Kevin Hayes camp gets crazy and starts asking for $3.5-$4m, should we explore trading him and signing Vadim Shipachyov, who apparently is still open to playing in the NHL?

No. You tell him he can play on his QO, on the offer the Rangers present that I'm sure will be less than $3.5m, or not at all.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If they sign Lucic, they're going to have roughly $16m tied up in top 3 LWers.

I suppose they'd probably move Benny P. Who's going to take Pouliot at $4m for three more seasons? How much value does he have?

Lucic to Edmonton just doesn't really make sense to me.

C'mon, think about who the GM is and tell me you can't already hear him saying "I wanted the team to get heavier and Looch was great for us in Boston" at the press conference.

Now, trading Hall I'm not sure I agree with, but with Lucic, Hall, Eberle, JP, Pouliot and Yakupov as your top-9 wings, and McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH down the middle, something has to give there. Way too top heavy with gaping holes in their defense. I think Eberle is probably the likely piece to go, but if there really isn't a market for him, then maybe they bite the bullet and deal Hall to get that top-end defender they need. Set up McDavid with Lucic and Puljujarvi, and Draisaitl with Pouliot and Eberle. Still an extremely potent top-six.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
C'mon, think about who the GM is and tell me you can't already hear him saying "I wanted the team to get heavier and Looch was great for us in Boston" at the press conference.

Now, trading Hall I'm not sure I agree with, but with Lucic, Hall, Eberle, JP, Pouliot and Yakupov as your top-9 wings, and McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH down the middle, something has to give there. Way too top heavy with gaping holes in their defense. I think Eberle is probably the likely piece to go, but if there really isn't a market for him, then maybe they bite the bullet and deal Hall to get that top-end defender they need. Set up McDavid with Lucic and Puljujarvi, and Draisaitl with Pouliot and Eberle. Still an extremely potent top-six.
They absolutely need to get rid of Eberle. There's quite a few big contracts on that roster for a team that is always in the basement.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
They absolutely need to get rid of Eberle. There's quite a few big contracts on that roster for a team that is always in the basement.

They should trade both rnh, eberle and yakupov.. With those pieces alone they should build a defense that can grow and compete..don't understand what they've been waiting for

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY

I love that Chia will have traded both Taylor and Tyler, just as they were hitting their primes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad