Speculation: Offseason Thread #3: Literally Summer / Nothing Is Superior to Something Dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Lol the NBC Sports Twitter account can't even tweet out the correct salary cap amount. They tweeted out the cap was set at $74 million and McKenzie retweeted it.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Well part of the reason is because they already had Brodie/Hamilton/Giordano/Wideman/Engelland/Russell for most of the year. Not exactly like there was a spot open there. Not too dissimilar to McIlrath or Sjkei here.

Disclaimer: What I could see, not what I want

Nash for Shattenkirk
Klein for Nichushkin, 3rd
Hayes, 3rd for JVR
Sign:
Backes
Stalberg
7th D

JVR-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Miller-Backes-Nichushkin
Jensen-Lindberg-Stalberg
Glass

McD-Shattenkirk
Staal-McIlrath
Skjei-Girardi
7th

Hank
Raanta

Nichushkin to 2RW,
Buchnevich takes his place at 3W and Fast pushes Jensen from the line up. Like it if fits under salary cap.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
cap was announced about an hour ago...too soon for another gorton is asleep at the wheel joke? LOL

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Hey guys now that the cap is known, when the expansion rules are revealed get ready for some fireworks! ;)

If ya know what I'm sayin'...

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Well that definitely is an interesting approach. Guess we just wait and see what Gorton plans to do.

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
Also, it seems as though the Rangers and I share the same thought process, according to Brooks: go after Stamkos but only sign him if he accepts a discount i.e. $8.5 million. Probably won't happen, but it's a bit reassuring to hear they won't break the bank for him.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Was just about to post this, but so would I. :nod: I mentioned Kreider for Trouba earlier, but this would work as well. :laugh: Not gonna count on it though :dunno:
Not very likely and I do not want to move Kreider. If we're talking Faulk or Trouba, then he needs to be on the table.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Sigh. Not particularly encouraging since he seems to go out of his way to say they're doing a reset, not a rebuild, still focused on Lundqvist's window, etc. I'm sure plenty of people around here will be thrilled.

Personally, I only hope that he's wrong. Or that it's misinformation. Or that Gorton simply realizes that he can't do it all in one offseason, and Uncle Larry is misinterpreting.

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not very likely and I do not want to move Kreider. If we're talking Faulk or Trouba, then he needs to be on the table.

I totally agree. Definitely not trying to move him, but, if one of those deals presents itself, Gorton is going to have a tough decision imo.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Interesting article. A reset that includes trading Nash, Kreider, Stepan, Klein. Keeping Staal and Girardi. Not signing Stamkos or trading for Shattenkirk. Trading Stepan in a lateral move for Duchene or downgrade in RNH. Sounds like fun.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Interesting article. A reset that includes trading Nash, Kreider, Stepan, Klein. Keeping Staal and Girardi. Not signing Stamkos or trading for Shattenkirk. Trading Stepan in a lateral move for Duchene or downgrade in RNH. Sounds like fun.

Honestly, as annoyed as I am at Uncle Larry's characterization, those pieces out the door could very easily be the start of a proper rebuild, depending on what they then were to do at the deadline...

As to the returns, I wouldn't worry about his spitballing. Brooks is great at having the inside dope on the Rangers' roster and management's intent, but he is terrible at predicting deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad