Speculation: Offseason thread #2: We don't use Roman Numerals in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Back to what was being said on the last page of the prior thread:

I could see Yakupov as a buy-low option and believe a change of scenery would do him well. However, we really do need to find some ways to add more talent and depth to our defensive prospect pool. There's really nothing there outside of Graves (I'm giving McIlrath and Skjei the benefit of the doubt of becoming full-time NHLers)

Depends on what the buy low cost would be. Would also ask the Oilers to retain 50% for the last year of his contract. Would be a $1.25 million cap hit for the Rangers then he is an RFA next summer.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Depends on what the buy low cost would be. Would also ask the Oilers to retain 50% for the last year of his contract. Would be a $1.25 million cap hit for the Rangers then he is an RFA next summer.

Well assuming we send Klein the other way, we're actually gaining 400k of cap space. I don't think it'll be necessary for them to retain.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
So klingberg wants to come back , cheap nhl deal 600 k, sure

Carl Klingberg?

Drive wide ---> Shoot at net-----> Miss net -----> Don't backcheck = Success?

I think there are much better cheap options out there. Klingberg gets you about as far as Luke Adam

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I disagree. How would you value Hank as far as a trade scenario goes?

No one would be prepared to give up what Rangers want.

Trading goalies in general doesn't bring back massive returns.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Also in that Maple Leafs proposal, why would you take Tkachuk over Matthews? Tkachuk looks like he could be a good one, but Matthews is the class of this draft. I watch him play and I see Toews with maybe even more offensive upside.

Admittedly I know nothing about Matthews but if Tkachuk plays anything like his father then he's a hell of a prospect.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
No one would be prepared to give up what Rangers want.

Trading goalies in general doesn't bring back massive returns.

Might be fun to put his name on the main trade board just for s**ts and giggles

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Trade Klein for Yakupov, play him for the year, have him co-lead the team in points for the season then allow him to walk after an arbitration award so they can use the cap space on Kotalik.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hank is already back on the ice training in Sweden with a few guys from Frolunda. Video below for those interested.

https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...=2a09d2a0497a007d56bf7ff47a20531e&oe=576430C6

Curious how many other players are already preparing hard in the offseason for next year.

This is why Hank is a beast.

I'm totally down for Yakupov. He may be disappointing so far, but he has a ton of talent. He's young enough that he could turn it around. A 3rd line with Yak and Buchnevich as a the wings would be something.

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
It says Oskanen signed 1yr deal with Hartford. I'm poking around more about it.

It also says he hopes to get an NHL deal (presumably with Rangers) during the season.

Okay, that's what I thought, but Google Translate doesn't work too well on my phone for whatever reason. Thanks a lot!:)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I imagine Oskanen will go to Rangers prospect camp, or whenever the Wolf Pack camp starts, and then he'll likely earn his ELC in December or something.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Oksanen on board then. Very nice.

Here's a google translation from that article if anyone wants it:

Espoo Blues juniors left the world Ahti Oksanen has signed a one-year contract with the Hartford Wolf Pack. Wolf Pack AHL playing Cl and is the New York Rangers farmiseura.
Oksanen made during its four University of Boston University ranks 150 match power 51 + 64. He was the period that ended his team's second-best point man.
Oksanen 23-year-old was regarded as one of the most interesting Finnish university players in the NHL in mind. The possibility of the NHL's side does not open.
- A small disappointment, of course, that the NHL come to an agreement, but on the other hand, this is another step closer to the NHL, which must be excited and satisfied. Next season following is thinking Hartford Wolf Pack of the future, and especially clearly the best NHL dream come true for the option, Oksanen says the extension period.
191-centimeter, 95-kilogram Oksanen participated in the summer of 2015 the New York Rangers camp.
- I do not know how many there were other interested clubs, because from the beginning it was clear that if an NHL contract has not come, then Wolf Pack is the best opportunity for me.
Branch can not lift straight up to the NHL's side as he plays with a clean AHL contract. He may, however, make an NHL contract during the period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad