Speculation: Offseason thread #2: We don't use Roman Numerals in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
To be honest, I have never been a Yakupov fan. However, if you can get him + a 2nd for Klein, I think its a great move. Maybe he can finally put it together here. Maybe not and he just ends up being a 3rd liner. It is worth the risk IMO.

I'm fine with either of those two, plus the 2nd round pick.

Yeah I'd consider it as well. There's enough potential there that it would be worth the risk, and if it worked out, that's the kind of move you look back on as a turning point for the direction of the team.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Since this thread is full of hypothetical fantasy trades.

How's this for a crazy trade idea?

Toronto Maple Leafs

Lundqvist

NYR

Komarov
Nikita Zaitsev
#1 Pick – (Most probably pick Matthews but I like Tkachuk)
#31 Pick - Dennis Cholowski

Ottawa Senators

Hayes
Nieves

NYR

Cody Ceci

D-Step, Brassard and Komarov down the middle would be really tough for any team to handle. Ceci can step in and play some minutes. Tkachuk and Buchnevich fill roles on the wings. Trade Nash for a nice return (whatever that may be) along with adding players that address the 4th line and add some grit.

Viola! The team is competitive and instantly younger.

OK..I'll be up in the chase lounge just in case anyone needs me :thumbu:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Toronto wouldn't trade the top pick for Hank let alone add to it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Also in that Maple Leafs proposal, why would you take Tkachuk over Matthews? Tkachuk looks like he could be a good one, but Matthews is the class of this draft. I watch him play and I see Toews with maybe even more offensive upside.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Back to what was being said on the last page of the prior thread:

I could see Yakupov as a buy-low option and believe a change of scenery would do him well. However, we really do need to find some ways to add more talent and depth to our defensive prospect pool. There's really nothing there outside of Graves (I'm giving McIlrath and Skjei the benefit of the doubt of becoming full-time NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad