Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Lucic (1M retained)+Nurse+10OA for Subban.

PK is a top 5 D man in the league, and his $9M cap hit will soon look like a bargain when Doughty and Karlsson re-up. Lucic gives them a physical presence that will help when taking on a team like the Jets plus some additional secondary scoring should he rebound to something close to his old self. Nurse gives them a cheap D option and the 10 OA is the 10 OA.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You guys: Give me one reason why buying out Gryba makes sense

My answer: It frees up a roster spot.

You guys: nope, not an acceptable answer! We must be at 50 contracts for this to make sense!!!

Quite a few of you don't want any positivity here, you make this place as toxic as possible. I swear I only see some posters on here spew negativity, and basically wait till a move happens so they can criticize it.

B******* about 300K, HF Oil is something else :laugh:
But freeing up a roster space when we have tons doesnt make sense.

When stupid things are done wrong criticize. Duck even the Edmonton media guys who defend Chia are scratching their f***ing head.

When they stop giving us shit to bitch about, we will stop bitching.

I feel like some of you are only here to complain about negative posters.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We're pretty much screwed unless Chiarelli manages to trade one of Lucic, Russell, or Sekera.
Not screwed, just hand cuffed. Although we literally couldn't afford the roster we started the season with. Although we might have enough for the one we finished the season with

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
But freeing up a roster space when we have tons doesnt make sense.

When stupid things are done wrong criticize. Duck even the Edmonton media guys who defend Chia are scratching their ****ing head.

When they stop giving us **** to ***** about, we will stop *****ing.

I feel like some of you are only here to complain about negative posters.
Did they ask the hard question like why didn't you retain salary and trade him? If that wasn't an option then tell him maybe he's claimed on waivers later on.

Nope. They'll bitch about it at a later date.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Lucic (1M retained)+Nurse+10OA for Subban.

PK is a top 5 D man in the league, and his $9M cap hit will soon look like a bargain when Doughty and Karlsson re-up. Lucic gives them a physical presence that will help when taking on a team like the Jets plus some additional secondary scoring should he rebound to something close to his old self. Nurse gives them a cheap D option and the 10 OA is the 10 OA.

OK. Done deal. Don't like giving up Nurse, but need the RH offensive defensemen.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Personally I think the team likes Gryba and wanted to give him a chance to catch on with another team.

That's fine in a non cap world but in a cap world sometimes you have to make the harder decision.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Did they ask the hard question like why didn't you retain salary and trade him? If that wasn't an option then tell him maybe he's claimed on waivers later on.

Nope. They'll ***** about it at a later date.
Reed Wilkins was super confused (he wasn't actually at the press conference).

Then Stauffer said he wasn't extremely confused about the buyout he was more confused that Gryba got 2 years in the first place.

I mean go read most of Edmontons medias twitters, they are all scratching their heads.

At the press conference a guy straight up asked if he took the cap into account.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
What do you guys think of trading the 10th for Dante Fabbro ? Adding pieces wherever u see fit ofc

2017-18
6.png
Boston Univ.
NCAA 3892029224
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Then Stauffer said he wasn't extremely confused about the buyout he was more confused that Gryba got 2 years in the first place.

I mean go read most of Edmontons medias twitters, they are all scratching their heads.

At the press conference a guy straight up asked if he took the cap into account.
That's good. The rest means nothing though. Local media is good at putting stuff in blogs/articles/tweets, but not really pushing the guy to be uncomfortable.

I'll have to listen after. I like to have those followup questions that actually make the coach/gm/player think. Don't get a lot of that here.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

Chia does not work alone. He has assistants and people giving him opinions all the time. There must significant dysfunction at the top when bizarre decisions are routinely made. I can't imagine that all the top management sits around and think these are all good decisions.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Chia does not work alone. He has assistants and people giving him opinions all the time. There must significant dysfunction at the top when bizarre decisions are routinely made. I can't imagine that all the top management sits around and all thinks these are good decisions.
I don't know on Oil Change they were all pretty pumped when we picked up Smithson. It's like a bunch of f***ing yes men.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
You guys: Give me one reason why buying out Gryba makes sense

My answer: It frees up a roster spot.

You guys: nope, not an acceptable answer! We must be at 50 contracts for this to make sense!!!

Quite a few of you don't want any positivity here, you make this place as toxic as possible. I swear I only see some posters on here spew negativity, and basically wait till a move happens so they can criticize it.

B******* about 300K, HF Oil is something else :laugh:

And you wonder why my ignore list has grown to 400 people on here, 150 of them from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA