Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So we are taking out his best season why? Because it better suits your opinion that Eberle didn’t decline steadily in production the years before being dealt. So you lower the standard so that poor play doesn’t look so poor.

Maybe you should go to the New Jersey board and tell them Hall’s season didn’t really count when analyzing him as a player and his production.

Come on man...this isnt rocket science...lol

Its an obvious outlier. No other season is even close to that. You get that right?

Markham30

Jan 12, 2016
Edmonton
Wow, a lot of you are really overvaluing Parayko.
He's basically similar to Jeff Petry.

Haha are you serious? Try again, he is superior in every category aside from Points.
He also hardly gets PP time, considering Pietrangelo is ahead of him.

Petry doesn’t come close to the value that Parayko holds.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
There is wrong...and then there is that.

Spin the roulette wheel on a #4Dman hoping he becomes a #1?

This has been the Oilers M.O. since 2006 right?

I mean this is way worse than when the Oilers board was obsessed with getting Hamilton hoping he would anchor our Blueline, and then this crazed obsession thinking Hamonic would be the answer to our D.

Calgary landed both, and they aren't exactly anywhere close to being the predators.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Wow, a lot of you are really overvaluing Parayko.
He's basically similar to Jeff Petry.
With Parayko, the value is in his potential given that he's played behind Pietrangelo for his whole career and Shattenirk as well in previous years. He's been below 2 mins/game of powerplay icetime throughout his career and when he's given powerplay minutes, it's typically on the 2nd unit. We are talking about a 25 year old 6'6 defender with great mobility and untapped offensive potential - would it shock anyone if he is a 45 point guy next season with a bigger role?

If we could find a deal focused around Puljujarvi, the 10th and something else, I'd be totally down - this would be a great top four to build around:

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Parayko

Unfortunately, we'd likely need to move Nurse in a deal like this. Likewise, we'd have to move one of Sekera or Russell to afford it. If Sekera was actually healthy, this would still be a great top four though:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Parayko

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Parayko's generally overrated (in that I don't believe he's a legit top pairing guy yet), but he would fill an obvious hole in the top 4 and has upside.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Spin the roulette wheel on a #4Dman hoping he becomes a #1?

This has been the Oilers M.O. since 2006 right?

I mean this is way worse than when the Oilers board was obsessed with getting Hamilton hoping he would anchor our Blueline, and then this crazed obsession thinking Hamonic would be the answer to our D.

Calgary landed both, and they aren't exactly anywhere close to being the predators.

Hamilton is everything the Oilers Need and then sone. Extremely poor example.

I myself liked Harmonic as well but always thought he was a bit and overrated plus most had concerns about his steep decline in play. After we seen how much he cost Calgary to obtain no one wanted him at that price.

Some are overvalueing Para. He is not a #1 but he is a top 3 defender that would be a big improvement over Klefbom (from last year) for example. Big right shooting 2 way defender.

Klefbom and the 10th in a heartbeat. Not Nuge or Draisaitl tho, thats too much to give up for a guy who really doesn't project to be an elite top pairing guy..

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I take 16-17 Sekera,Talbot and Lucic's salaries any day of the week.

This past season looks bad, and they all look like brutal overpays because of that. But if those 3 rebound, we are right back in the hunt.
I think we will rebound But if you look at last 17 to 18 upfront top 6 the goal scoring other than McDavid and Nuge Lost 7 goals and 17 pts in Eberle exchange Lost 13 goals and 16 points on Lucic . Lost 13 goals and 12 points on Maroon , this was a big factor with Talbot as well. Yamamoto and Puljujarvi really need to step up and breakout , because it does not look good with the cap to sign any skill upfront right now.

Reactions: McBigYak

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Zucker, Coyle and Niederreiter on the block for the Wild according to the main boards.

I'd have time for Neiderrieter, while his contract is sort of scary (5.25 x 4 years), I think he could be a good fit. Wild seem to be pretty thin on defence, maybe a deal around Russell/Sekera could work?

Paddy Padlock

Sep 16, 2017
Chia will probably try to get the Winnipeg 1st in any Parakyo trade.

Klefbom + #10 for Parayko for #29

The Oilers have had a 1st round pick every single year since 1979, except for 2006. They've traded down or trade someone's 1st, but they've always had one.

There's a pathological need to draft their next savior I think.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Zucker, Coyle and Niederreiter on the block for the Wild according to the main boards.

I'd have time for Neiderrieter, while his contract is sort of scary (5.25 x 4 years), I think he could be a good fit. Wild seem to be pretty thin on defence, maybe a deal around Russell/Sekera could work?
I don't see them being interested in Russell or Sekera and I'm pretty sure those guys are available cause they want to shave a little bit of salary to extend some other players and a little cap room to change the teams complexion/composition slightly.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I'm about 90% excited for what tomorrow will bring and about 10% scared, given Chia's history I should probably be more pessimistic, but I just have a good feeling about it.

I'm with ya. If a player like Bouchard drops to 10 tho, that pick becomes uber valuable. Unless it is traded for a dman with term....count me out in trading it.

My list would be Hanafin, Trouba, Parayako or Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad