GDT: [Official]: WJC Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
After I read this, I assumed you must have made it a GDT thread, but now I'm confused. :huh:

I was planning on it, but I was posting on my mobile and was just being lazy as I didn't want to switch to desktop view. Anyways, it's fixed it now. :)

The main reason I changed it, I thought the previous title implied this thread was about Kylington and Andersson being left off. And while that's fine to discuss, this is more of a general tournament thread.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Finland leading 2-1 against Russia late in the first period. That Laine-Aho-Puljujärvi line... Pulju now has 5 points in 4 periods. 5 points and Finland has scored 8 goals in tournament.

And he would have scored on the PP but his stick broke.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Laine draws a penalty. Let's see if they can make it 4-1. I can't remember the last time I've been this excited with how out U20 teams plays :yo:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Aho almost scored on PP. Rantanen draws another penalty for the russians. Finland has been completely dominant in the second period so far.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
First line isn't clicking as a line so far. Rantanen, Kapanen, and Hintz have all shown individual skill and made some good plays, but as a line they don't work together.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
First line isn't clicking as a line so far. Rantanen, Kapanen, and Hintz have all shown individual skill and made some good plays, but as a line they don't work together.

Kapanen sure knows how to shield and shelter the puck, I like watching him play.

All of the momentum has gone to the Russians, PP for them it looks like too.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Vehviläinen. Can't really blame him, the momentum shifted completely after that SH goal. Still only one 5-on-5 goal scored against.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Vehviläinen. Can't really blame him, the momentum shifted completely after that SH goal. Still only one 5-on-5 goal scored against.

Still a whole period left, plenty of time left especially when it's the WJC.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Disclaimer: I'm really bad at evaluating individual players and I don't follow finnish Liiga.

Laine seems to be more of a pure scorer with an edge, stylewise maybe something like Corey Perry. Puljujärvi has shown, at least in this game, some playmaking skills as well as scoring ability, while being good overall. Both have good hands, can't say anything about skating.

And 6-4 it is :shakehead Another goal that deflects from Finnish players skate.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Anadarko dominating but couldn't buy more goals. Hopefully the floodgates open in the 2nd.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Canada has carried the play most of this period. Marner hasn't really got going yet, honestly I feel that Barzal has been our best player up front. His speed and vision are excellent and he looks dangerous every time he's on the ice. If Marner can get going, Canada will really have teams on their heels.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
The tournament is in Finland but our cheapass National Broadcasting Company (YLE) only bought rights from TSN to certain "interesting enough" games. So I won't be watching anymore hockey tonight :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad