Pelton-Byce - Holloway - S. Dhooghe
Gorniak -Lindmark - Baker
Ahcan - Mersch - Donovan

Miller-Emberson
Kalynuk-Vorlicky
Ess-Inamoto

Lebedeff
Berry

That would be my best guess for a lineup. There’s big hype around Turcotte, Caufield, and Holloway (proj. top 10 2020), but I’m most excited to see if Vorlicky can help stabilize the defense a bit and add a reliable second right handed shot to a unit that had one total right handed dman last year.
I've been working on projecting their lineups, interesting to see what you had. I agree that Weissbach (or Dhooghe) ought to be with the lottery guys. Interesting to think about how Pelton-Byce could be used coming off a year of not playing competitive hockey. So rare to add a piece like him to the mix on a team that needs all of what he's got vis-a-vis size, skill, experience..

Miller and Emberson had real solid showings at the WJSS. Even past them this is a d-corps where everyone could end up playing pro hockey at a decent level

DOCHockeyGuy

Jan 8, 2019
Wisconsin
I am cautiously optimistic about this team. Loads on loads of talent, just need to put it all together. I am really hoping for a tournament bid.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
where can you stream (legal) Wisconsin home games? I had the big 10 network channel but haven't followed Wisconsin since McDonagh was there. Do they stream their home games or is it just Big 10 Network plus that streams games since they don't seem to have the home opener.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
where can you stream (legal) Wisconsin home games? I had the big 10 network channel but haven't followed Wisconsin since McDonagh was there. Do they stream their home games or is it just Big 10 Network plus that streams games since they don't seem to have the home opener.

You can stream the BTN games on the Fox Sports App and the two ESPNU games are on the ESPN App. BTN+ for the other games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You can stream the BTN games on the Fox Sports App and the two ESPNU games are on the ESPN App. BTN+ for the other games.

I get the BTN channel but they don't show enough Wisconsin games, was hoping there was something like NCHC.tv but for the Big 10 as NCHC.tv rocks since you know you are getting all the home games of every NCHC team regardless of tv. I've mostly been following SCSU, Denver, and Northeastern the past few years but now with Caufield there I want to see every game, I don't have a problem paying for it. Last year I watched a few Wisconsin games on tv through BTN but I didn't really care if I saw their games or not as the had one player on the team I wanted to see and he was a later round pick of the Habs.

BTN+ so far only has a schedule up for Oct and they don't have single Wisconsin game, just Penn St. That doesn't even make sense, how are they only showing Penn St games?

https://www.btnplus.com/schedule?sid=MHO&day=2019-10-11

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I get the BTN channel but they don't show enough Wisconsin games, was hoping there was something like NCHC.tv but for the Big 10 as NCHC.tv rocks since you know you are getting all the home games of every NCHC team regardless of tv. I've mostly been following SCSU, Denver, and Northeastern the past few years but now with Caufield there I want to see every game, I don't have a problem paying for it. Last year I watched a few Wisconsin games on tv through BTN but I didn't really care if I saw their games or not as the had one player on the team I wanted to see and he was a later round pick of the Habs.

BTN+ so far only has a schedule up for Oct and they don't have single Wisconsin game, just Penn St. That doesn't even make sense, how are they only showing Penn St games?

https://www.btnplus.com/schedule?sid=MHO&day=2019-10-11

All games broadcast by FOX Sports Regional Networks can also be streamed live via the web, smartphones, tablets and connected devices on the FOX Sports GO app for authenticated subscribers to the broadcasting regional network, or on BTN+.

Television schedule announced for Wisconsin men's hockey | Wisconsin Badgers

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
All games broadcast by FOX Sports Regional Networks can also be streamed live via the web, smartphones, tablets and connected devices on the FOX Sports GO app for authenticated subscribers to the broadcasting regional network, or on BTN+.

Television schedule announced for Wisconsin men's hockey | Wisconsin Badgers

thanks, Wisconsin should add that to their schedule as they have the tv games but nothing else, and I didn't think to look for another place on their site.

https://uwbadgers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=511

Overworm

Oct 13, 2019
Man to be honest, I'm just following Caufield in the NCAA hoping that he can break some goal scoring records there. Everywhere he has played, in spite of the controversy surrounding his height, he has proved people wrong, and dominated. I can't see how it could be any different now. He's playing against men now, and he's still scoring.

Reactions: tealhockey

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Man to be honest, I'm just following Caufield in the NCAA hoping that he can break some goal scoring records there. Everywhere he has played, in spite of the controversy surrounding his height, he has proved people wrong, and dominated. I can't see how it could be any different now. He's playing against men now, and he's still scoring.
I really think any concerns about scoring in college (and in pro tbh) should be gone now. He was scoring on Spencer Knight who is a stud in his first game (twice). The question, which it always has been for me, is how much is he going to score, how effective can he be in other facets of the game, etc.

DOCHockeyGuy

Jan 8, 2019
Wisconsin
What a great win for a young team. Long ways to go to play how they’re capable of but man is this gonna be a fun year

Last edited:

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
What a great win for a young team. Long ways to go to play how they’re doing sparks of but man is this gonna be a fun year
can't wait for tomorrow night, UMD were tilted to lose this game once they went down two core defenseman in the first period IMO, forty minutes leaning on a handful of guys is too much against this group. UMD are going to be fired up with a lot to prove...

Reactions: Overworm

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Very good hockey game Friday night @ Kohl. Badgers came out on fire & scored their first two goals on successive shifts. But Penn State eventually tied it at 3's, before Wisconsin put in the game winner with just over a minute left in regulation. Good team speed & crisp passing & mostly solid goaltending for both sides. Crowd size was lower than I'd expected, with lots of empty seats even in the lower bowl; maybe the bitter cold kept folks at home, or maybe Valentine's Day had a lot of hockey fans otherwise occupied. :heart: But those who attended - including my wife 'n' me - were treated to a very entertaining 60 minutes of hockey.

Now it's time to thaw out some before attending Saturday afternoon's Lady Badgers game hosting Ohio State. Cold weather & hockey - they were made for each other. :toothless

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Grim news today from the Wisconsin AD for all Athletics programs on campus ...
Dear fellow Badgers,

I just finished another meeting with the Big Ten Commissioner and conference athletic directors, and we continue to plan every way possible to safely return to play. We meet every morning, and as soon I have information about how our seasons will look this fall, I promise to share that with you.

Regardless of what our fall season looks like, we are facing a great financial challenge. I don’t think it’s an embellishment to say the experience we love as Badgers and the legacy of our extraordinary athletic department is at risk.

To this point, we have taken many steps over the past few months to minimize the impact of a cancelled winter postseason and spring season. We have instituted pay decreases for our top 25 earners and workshare furloughs for all employees, put a freeze on almost all hiring, restricted travel, limited to essential-only spending and announced the delay of the South End Zone renovation project. These steps have allowed us to avoid the tough decisions other schools have already had to make, like eliminating sports or laying off employees.

We have taken many steps, but we will have to do much more.

2247e6e6f36fdb1e48f7a95d36fed292.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Our fall season will look nothing like we are accustomed to. Due to the current challenges, we are facing a potential financial revenue loss of more than $100 million from our $140 million budget.

Our commitment to achieving excellence and supporting our student-athletes will never change. For decades, we have all played a part in making the Wisconsin Badgers a national power. That is a legacy we are proud to pass on and cannot allow to fade.

Just like my children and grandchildren have been proud to call themselves Badgers, my hope is that the whole world is still watching as my great-grandchildren get the chance to Jump Around. I know many of you feel the same way.

The reality is that this financial crisis threatens our ability to sustain the success we’ve celebrated. It threatens our pride in what we’ve built. It threatens our position in college athletics.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
727375522c9331d163f34c4d69a7a816.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I believe we will reach a monumental crossroads in the coming days. We will have two choices: remain at the head of the class or fall behind. Everything we pride ourselves on — competing at the highest level, developing world-class student-athletes and raising trophies — relies on our ability to financially support our student-athletes.

What gives me hope is that, as Badgers, our strength has always been in our people and our willingness to work toward a common goal. That drives my belief that we can overcome this tremendous challenge — and emerge stronger than ever.

On, Wisconsin!

7e7b24f751c17f1adc41311fc179fc19.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Barry Alvarez
Director of Athletics
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad