OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread Part II

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
It took him forever to post the Basketball job

Because it was the middle of the season. Nobody good is going to put their name in for the job in the middle of the college basketball season. And once Gard got them to the tournament and he basically made up his mind that Gard was going to be hired, he posted it and did a few token interviews before giving the job to Gard.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Me too, but that's the dream. I doubt MSU, Minny and Bucky stay down and out too long with their resources at hand. State Penn is pretty impressive as an upstart and Michigan will be Michigan; so there is hope the conference will turn out as intended.

OSU is a lost cause unless one of their star football players admits to being a hockey supporter during a interview from county lock up.

Aside from incorporating the entire NCHC into the conference, the best the b1g could do to add some intrigue would be prying Notre Lame and Miami into the fold.

Boom! One to go. Hell, give us North Dakota!

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
There's a wild rumor on a Badger board his assisstants will be Osieki and Don Granato. Likely too good to be true.

Tony will do nicely.

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Tony G, Donny G, and Mark Osiecki! Amazing!

I thought this had to be hearsay and wishful thinking; an article on USCHO is giving creedence to the rumor. It's not like USCHO is some gossip rag like hockeybuzz.

If this comes to fruition this will be a STACKED coaching staff. If they want to bring Bill Howard back as volunteer goalie coach I'm on board.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
really solid pickup - he has impressed me a lot playing for the U.S. Surprised he didn't go play with his brother at Boston University.

That could be due Don Granato's influence or possibly Osieki. It's amazing what a competent coaching staff will do for recruiting.

We lost Jordan Schmaltz when Oz left Eaves' staff and the rest of the once stellar defensive pipeline dried up. Let the good times roll again:yo:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
After some lean years it appears Wisconsin recruiting is starting to crush it, especially since the start of this year. Already had Inamoto in the fold but have since added Gildon, K'Andre Miller, Emberson, the Krygier twins and today it looks like they add 2000-born Shattuck star Samuel Stevens and 2000-born Finn Sampo Ranta who is suiting up for Sioux City this year.

Seems like the Badgers are poised to become a powerhouse again.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Wow, Sean Dhooghe (along with his brother) switched from Ohio State to the Badgers it appears? They continue to be on a roll.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Allright! The new era kicks offs against the Yoopers tonight. I'm eager to see what the new regime can do with this team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them compete for a conference title, as Michigan is weakened this year. I would also expect them to surpass the win total of the past 2 years this season:shakehead.

There will be better times ahead now that the platinum prospect pipeline is flowing to Madtown again:yo:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
It's been 3 years since we've seen a win on opening weekend...progress!

Offense shouldn't be a problem but the D, a hallmark of Badger hockey, is suspect.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
The win total from last year has been matched by the holiday break! Why, this superstar coaching staff may surpass the win total of the past two seasons this year:yo:. The lads can score, but that defense...oy. I will say, J.D. Greenway is a nice centerpiece to build around. The dude makes it look easy tossing 200 pound guys around.

The best part is the conference, aside from Sparty, is becoming relevant. Hats off to Penn State sitting at #1 in the Pairwise:handclap:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
This weekend's sweep should put the team in a playoff spot in the pairwise. What a difference a year (and new staff) makes. They haven't been swept and really only took one beatdown from NMU.

Jurisik looks good since coming back from his injury.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
This weekend's sweep should put the team in a playoff spot in the pairwise. What a difference a year (and new staff) makes. They haven't been swept and really only took one beatdown from NMU.

Jurisik looks good since coming back from his injury.

Can't believe how bad the Eaves regime fell apart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->