OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread Part II

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Things are looking much better heading into the end of the season this year opposed to last year; the schedule is favorable and the team won't have to rely on winning the conference tourney to get into the show. A conference title is not out of the question but not likely. Minny has the harder schedule to finish out but has two games in hand. they'd pretty well have to choke a couple games and that doesn't seem likely.

Should be a #2 seed if everything goes well. The team seems to be peaking at the right time. no one is really tearing up the stats on the national level aside from Rumple, but that's okay with the way they're coming together. They kind of remind me of last year's UMass Lowell team and they fared pretty well.

A special shout out to Badgers Ryan Suter, Joe Pavelski, Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonaugh, Hillary Knight, Jessie Vetter, Megan Dughan and Brianna Decker for representing U-S and A in the olympics. Certainly not the results we wanted either way but I'm proud of the Badgers who were there!

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I'm very excited for the two game series in Madison against Boston University this year.

Seeing Jack Eichel up close and in person will be very cool.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I think the #10 preseason ranking may be a little generous with 11 incoming freshmen. The kids will have to step in quickly for this season to be successful. There's always a chance with Rumple in net but finding scoring may be a concern. I'm thinking Jack Dougherty is going to be a stud on the backline eventually.
This is my version of a lame season preview.;)

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
BzDGdfmIEAAQ5_L.jpg

Just found out the Badgers will feature shoulder patches on their sweaters this year honoring Bob Suter. I love it!

Of course I can't get the stinkin` pic to upload!:madfire:

Attachments

• BzDGdfmIEAAQ5_L-1.jpg
    BzDGdfmIEAAQ5_L-1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I think the #10 preseason ranking may be a little generous with 11 incoming freshmen. The kids will have to step in quickly for this season to be successful. There's always a chance with Rumple in net but finding scoring may be a concern. I'm thinking Jack Dougherty is going to be a stud on the backline eventually.
This is my version of a lame season preview.;)

Yeah ranked tenth is a bit silly

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
An 0-2 start against Alaska teams and a score sheet from Saturday with unrecognizable names will surely trip panic alarms and heavy[er] drinking among the Badger faithless. There will be typical calls for Eaves' head, threats of relinquishing season tickets or spending hard earned dollars on hoops games instead of the most proven winner for UW.
Anyone who follows the program should know the drill; large freshman class with promise comes in, looks disheveled initially, shows glimmers of hope at end of season but misses playoffs for one or two years, grows together and makes some noise nationally, team gets depleted by graduation and early departures...repeat. Dependable as the tides. This would be the...'whatever tide is unfavorable for cheesy hockey analogies' year.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Anyone who follows the program should know the drill; large freshman class with promise comes in, looks disheveled initially, shows glimmers of hope at end of season but misses playoffs for one or two years
You find this acceptable?

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
You find this acceptable?

I know it's hard to fathom, but Barry Alverez doesn't give a squat about what we on HFboards find acceptable and will not make adjustments to the program based on our wants. I'm telling it the way it is and realistically this season may be a wash. If there were no progress in the future i would join the alarmists who expect too much from a team carried by underclassmen.

Eaves has a title and a runner-up year to show for his system, not to mention littering the NHL with players so i do find his methods acceptable (in case you're reading, Barry!)

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Too early to tell. So far the jaundiced gerbils are the only team living up to their billing. NoDak, BC and several others looked average in their weekend games. I'm not expecting to see where this team truly stands until the holidays roll around. I don't have high expectations but i don't think a few quality wins would be out of the question.

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Wisky might not be good, but their still ranked in the lastest USCHO poll. :amazed:

That's even worse than the football polls and favoritism/reputation voting.

You won't get any argument from me on the points you make. Every Bucky fan stated the initial #10 ranking was waaaaay high, as were the pollsters who put them there. Unlike football, the hockey polls don't mean squat; the pairwise and crotch (krach) trump that poll nonsense.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Guh! Scoring 0.75 goals/game ain't gonna cut it. The schedule only gets tougher with NoDak and Ferris st. coming up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->