OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread Part II

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Can't believe how bad the Eaves regime fell apart

Well, when you lose someone like Oz and replace them with Bill effin' Butters, you are not doing yourself any favors. That move likely cost us Jordan Schmaltz.

Eaves is having a pretty rough go at St. Olaf right now

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Well, when you lose someone like Oz and replace them with Bill effin' Butters, you are not doing yourself any favors. That move likely cost us Jordan Schmaltz.

Eaves is having a pretty rough go at St. Olaf right now

Yeah but it's not like he was a train wreck start to finish you know. But yeah as soon as Oz left the train went off the rails spectacularly

WisconsinDuck

Nov 17, 2005
Wisconsin
This team is starting to really make some serious headway towards a tournament bid. It is insane how much more motivated they are and how much better team hockey they play than a year ago. Big series this weekend against Penn State, a sweep would go a long long ways.

On Wisconsin!

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
This team is starting to really make some serious headway towards a tournament bid. It is insane how much more motivated they are and how much better team hockey they play than a year ago. Big series this weekend against Penn State, a sweep would go a long long ways.

On Wisconsin!

Youch! This weekend hurt. Realistically, they will have to win 5 of the next 8 and probably make the b1g Finals to get in. Good news is 6 of the next 8 games are against teams currently in a playoff spot, OSU, State Penn and the Goofs. Bad news is that is stiff competition. You can never count on a sweep against Mich either, despite their record.

Getting to be nail-biting time.

WisconsinDuck

Nov 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Youch! This weekend hurt. Realistically, they will have to win 5 of the next 8 and probably make the b1g Finals to get in. Good news is 6 of the next 8 games are against teams currently in a playoff spot, OSU, State Penn and the Goofs. Bad news is that is stiff competition. You can never count on a sweep against Mich either, despite their record.

Getting to be nail-biting time.

Whether they make the tourney or not, this season has been a massive success and glimpse into the future. This past weekend hurt. I was at the game on Friday night and the atmosphere was great for the majority of the game despite how poorly they were playing. 5 of 8 is possible but unfortunately it seems that PSU really has our number.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Sitting 13th in the pairwise after a decent weekend and fortunate (for us) losses by OSU, Nodak and St. Cloud. Also a good thing Jack Berry stood on his head Friday. I'm wondering if they make the dance if Jurusik or Berry gets the nod?

A sweep of the Bux and a split with the dreaded State Penn should do the trick for a playoff spot.

Trent Frederic has been on a effing tear after the holiday break!:yo:

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
How has greenway been looking? He's not putting up much for points, curious how he's been playing defensively at least..

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
How has greenway been looking? He's not putting up much for points, curious how he's been playing defensively at least..

He's not really being put in situations to put up points. He'll see timr on the 2nd PP unit at best this year.

Defensively he uses his size and reach to his fullest advantage and adds some sandpaper to his play. The game I saw in person he was great at taking guys out of the play and nuetralizing guys in 1 on 1 situations. Very solid freshman year for him.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He's not really being put in situations to put up points. He'll see timr on the 2nd PP unit at best this year.

Defensively he uses his size and reach to his fullest advantage and adds some sandpaper to his play. The game I saw in person he was great at taking guys out of the play and nuetralizing guys in 1 on 1 situations. Very solid freshman year for him.

We are having a wee conversation about greenway in the leafs marlies and prospects thread if you would like to share some info with us.
My query is why are his penalty minutes so high? Bad plays or just too strong?
Thanks in advance.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
We are having a wee conversation about greenway in the leafs marlies and prospects thread if you would like to share some info with us.
My query is why are his penalty minutes so high? Bad plays or just too strong?
Thanks in advance.

Weighing in late, been without power a few days in Mich....
Greenway will need to temper his game, for sure. However, the NCAA officials do tend to over-penalize big guys who lay fools out with legal hits. Ryan McDonagh had that problem during his time in Madison.

I think JD should be a solid pick. The dude has good instincts defending his own zone. TBD if his offensive game emerges.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Weighing in late, been without power a few days in Mich....
Greenway will need to temper his game, for sure. However, the NCAA officials do tend to over-penalize big guys who lay fools out with legal hits. Ryan McDonagh had that problem during his time in Madison.

I think JD should be a solid pick. The dude has good instincts defending his own zone. TBD if his offensive game emerges.

Thanks! A bit of bad weather I hear?

I was very happy when we drafted greenway. Hope he finds some offense but even if he doesn't we need a stay at home guy.

Good luck in the playoffs! I wish I could catch the big 10 games up here.
:cheers:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Thanks! A bit of bad weather I hear?

I was very happy when we drafted greenway. Hope he finds some offense but even if he doesn't we need a stay at home guy.

Good luck in the playoffs! I wish I could catch the big 10 games up here.
:cheers:

Yeah, high winds knocked the power out for 5 days. The house was at around 32-36F so the beer stayed cold:thumbu:

It's nail-biting time for Bucky; gotta win the b1g to get in the tourney.

If you go to the Yuku 10 National Titles site, the lads there may be able to give you stream suggestions for watching games. A lot of them are 'Sconies and watch all the games so they'll have better info than me. Cheers!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yeah, high winds knocked the power out for 5 days. The house was at around 32-36F so the beer stayed cold:thumbu:

It's nail-biting time for Bucky; gotta win the b1g to get in the tourney.

If you go to the Yuku 10 National Titles site, the lads there may be able to give you stream suggestions for watching games. A lot of them are 'Sconies and watch all the games so they'll have better info than me. Cheers!

Now I'm jealous!!

Thanks for the tip on the streams very much appreciated.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
1st off, happy St. Pat's Day! I'm sure most Badger fans are working on their umpteenth brewski by now, especially with todays win:thumbu:. It was fitting Seamus Malone got a point today.

The bounce back season comes down to one game in terms of the playoffs. No matter what happens, ya gotta love what Granato & Co. have done this year. They took Eave's team, suspect D and Goaltending, and put them back in the national spotlight. Great job by Tony G:handclap:

Btw, I'll settle for a 1st round beatdown in the playoffs if we can beat the Goofs to get in.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
1st off, happy St. Pat's Day! I'm sure most Badger fans are working on their umpteenth brewski by now, especially with todays win:thumbu:. It was fitting Seamus Malone got a point today.

The bounce back season comes down to one game in terms of the playoffs. No matter what happens, ya gotta love what Granato & Co. have done this year. They took Eave's team, suspect D and Goaltending, and put them back in the national spotlight. Great job by Tony G:handclap:

Btw, I'll settle for a 1st round beatdown in the playoffs if we can beat the Goofs to get in.
You mean Penn St to get in :nod:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
You mean Penn St to get in :nod:

I wanted nothing to do with State Penn, and last night showed why. I'm happy with the season, Badger Hockey is relevant again:yo:. I still couldn't help but feel disappointed we missed the playoffs by 1 goal. Great turnaround, boys!

Best of luck to your lads in the tourney. They seem to be hitting their stride now.

PSUPEN

Apr 1, 2013
I wanted nothing to do with State Penn, and last night showed why. I'm happy with the season, Badger Hockey is relevant again:yo:. I still couldn't help but feel disappointed we missed the playoffs by 1 goal. Great turnaround, boys!

Best of luck to your lads in the tourney. They seem to be hitting their stride now.

Pennsylvania State University. Great game rabidbadger. Stay classy!:whine:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Pennsylvania State University. Great game rabidbadger. Stay classy!:whine:

That was awesome sarcasm!

I do stay classy. You'll notice I wished a sworn rival good luck in the playoffs.

I'm puzzled by your utterly misused whine emoticon; I did not in any way complain about the outcome, say we got jobbed, etc (that's because I'm classy). I acknowledged your team has owned us in recent history. But it's okay, I understand the chip on your shoulder when your school has image problems. Don't listen to the detractors, stay classy, bro:thumbu:

Oh yeah, great tournament by your boys, psupen. Not even you could keep me from wishing them luck in the playoffs.

Last edited:

PSUPEN

Apr 1, 2013
That was awesome sarcasm!

I do stay classy. You'll notice I wished a sworn rival good luck in the playoffs.

I'm puzzled by your utterly misused whine emoticon; I did not in any way complain about the outcome, say we got jobbed, etc (that's because I'm classy). I acknowledged your team has owned us in recent history. But it's okay, I understand the chip on your shoulder when your school has image problems. Don't listen to the detractors, stay classy, bro:thumbu:

Oh yeah, great tournament by your boys, psupen. Not even you could keep me from wishing them luck in the playoffs.
I don't think for a minute you were puzzled. The emoticon deflection and your explanation of how you are classy well done.
Not even you could keep me from enjoying your response bro! Badger Bob would be proud!

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Er
I don't think for a minute you were puzzled. The emoticon deflection and your explanation of how you are classy well done.
Not even you could keep me from enjoying your response bro! Badger Bob would be proud!

Hmm. Okay. I guess that response means something to you.

Not sure what Badger Bob, our scandal free coach, has to do with it, but ya got me there!

Good year by State P....er, Pennsylvania State U. Enjoy the playoffs, bro. Be sure to keep checking threads as the 'class' monitor.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Er

Hmm. Okay. I guess that response means something to you.

Not sure what Badger Bob, our scandal free coach, has to do with it, but ya got me there!

Good year by State P....er, Pennsylvania State U. Enjoy the playoffs, bro. Be sure to keep checking threads as the 'class' monitor.

Rabid you have always been classy to me with a little trash talking here and there but that comes with the territory. Thanks for the good luck with my boys. They are in one tough region.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Rabid you have always been classy to me with a little trash talking here and there but that comes with the territory. Thanks for the good luck with my boys. They are in one tough region.

I know cats like you and MNGopher won't get their panties in a wad with a little smack-talk. Some people are just sensitive souls, bless their hearts.

I remember Goon doing a spoof of 'The Robert Earl Diving Award' on his sight. Someone from St. Cloud won it, I believe. I thought it was hilarious, personally. Alas, some can't take it.

I'm all in for Western Mich this year, but I'll be pulling for your boys and Duluth from that region.

No matter our rooting differences, we'll always have Minnesota;)

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
No Badgers fans left in here? Over two years since the last post!

In case there are any left lurking, how is the roster shaping up for 2019/20? You must be excited for Turcotte and Caufield coming in, even if they both only last a season before turning pro.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net

In case there are any left lurking, how is the roster shaping up for 2019/20? You must be excited for Turcotte and Caufield coming in, even if they both only last a season before turning pro.
Even if they only do have those guys for one (and I think it is possible they have such a blast this year they want to do another go), the class has a ton of talent headed by Ryder Donovan and Owen Lindmark who could be big pieces by then. Super exciting window for Badgers fans especially with K'Andre still there. The Big Ten is a battle every night tho

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Weissbach - Turcotte - Caufield
Pelton-Byce - Holloway - S. Dhooghe
Gorniak -Lindmark - Baker
Ahcan - Mersch - Donovan

Miller-Emberson
Kalynuk-Vorlicky
Ess-Inamoto

Lebedeff
Berry

That would be my best guess for a lineup. There’s big hype around Turcotte, Caufield, and Holloway (proj. top 10 2020), but I’m most excited to see if Vorlicky can help stabilize the defense a bit and add a reliable second right handed shot to a unit that had one total right handed dman last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->