OT: Official Sports Media Thread VIII - Milbury out as NBC hockey analyst after 14 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I’m not buying everyone

I tried listening to Kirk’s podcast but it’s built around two things - Kirk’s vendettas (which don’t interest me) and crapping on his minions.

He is not sustainable on WEEI if he returned with that format - just too bleeping boring

I would move Ordway off and put Hart in his place - he would have good chemistry

DJ Bean is talented and I like Pete Blackburn - not sure they would be able to pull it off without a regular like Rich Keefe who is also off the wall

Felger & Mazz when Felger is in a positive mindset like he’s been will own 2-6. They have a plus on everything from brains, sense of humor, self -depreciation, and sports interest

they keep it just light enough and ate great at thinking out loud

I’m 100% sure since I been there but their kids ages and their impact on F&M has made them way more unplugged and enjoyable

Have Felger and Mazz stopped taunting and trolling their own listeners now that sports are in hiatus?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Tuned into Boston radio F&M for the first time in a long time with the Newton signing. At least they have something to talk about now. Weei is a bore. Feel bad for Mut and Ordway who should bail and start a podcast

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Tuned into Boston radio F&M for the first time in a long time with the Newton signing. At least they have something to talk about now. Weei is a bore. Feel bad for Mut and Ordway who should bail and start a podcast

Would love to see them ALL go. Useless garbage 99.99% of the time. Bring back BCN RKO Oldies 103 WAAF.

"Sports" Radio is crashing and burning it started long before Covid-19

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Not everyone can afford satellite radio.

The answer is podcasts. There are a billion of them out there. Not as many hockey ones, but radio doesn't talk about hockey anyway, so it's not like there's any difference.

Personally, I don't see the need for satellite radio when free podcasts exist.

Last edited:

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Can we talk about Kirk's podcast for a second.

Blind Mike should leave the room whenever anything serious is discussed. Kid knows absolutely nothing about anything besides TV and comedy.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Can we talk about Kirk's podcast for a second.

Blind Mike should leave the room whenever anything serious is discussed. Kid knows absolutely nothing about anything besides TV and comedy.
I actually think it’s hilarious because he turns everything into a comparison. “Well it’s almost like when....”

I do think he Brings more value to the show for my listening purposes than most think though.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I actually think it’s hilarious because he turns everything into a comparison. “Well it’s almost like when....”

I do think he Brings more value to the show for my listening purposes than most think though.

I personally think that his act of making everything about himself was beyond tired years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad