OT: Official Sports Media Thread VIII - Milbury out as NBC hockey analyst after 14 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
With Doc retiring, NBC had the opportunity to use the moment as a time to completely refresh their whole broadcast team. Milbury leaving and new studio guys is part of that. So why the f*** can't we get rid of Eddie Olczyk? He's never been a good color commentator and comes across as a bitter piece of crap most of the time. Yet for like 15 years he's been on the top pair, even after Doc retires? Does he have pictures of someone in NBC management?

Olczyck is a leftover from NBC's "Everything Crosby all the time" Penguins Pom-Pom Squad. He may be the single most terrible color guy since Phil Esposito.*

*Yes, Phil did color. Imagine a guy who is world renowned for the gift of gab suddenly forgetting how to talk. "Uhh this guy, gives it to the other guy and uhhh, yeah, that happens and uhhhh, look at that." It was embarrassing.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Olczyck is a leftover from NBC's "Everything Crosby all the time" Penguins Pom-Pom Squad. He may be the single most terrible color guy since Phil Esposito.*

*Yes, Phil did color. Imagine a guy who is world renowned for the gift of gab suddenly forgetting how to talk. "Uhh this guy, gives it to the other guy and uhhh, yeah, that happens and uhhhh, look at that." It was embarrassing.

I think I remember Dave Shea, Cheevers and Espo doing games on UPN38 in the late 90's or early 2000's. It wasn't pretty to listen to

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think I remember Dave Shea, Cheevers and Espo doing games on UPN38 in the late 90's or early 2000's. It wasn't pretty to listen to

Yeah, that's an all-time terrible crew. Bad years for the Bruins too.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Babcock joins NBC Sports as NHL studio analyst

So Babcock is in? Sheesh. Wasn't it less than a year ago when he was labeled a toxic, abusive person?

Just goes to show you how businesses only support good causes/condemn bad causes when it suits them.

How they can fire Roenick, suspend Milbury in the bubble, then hire Babcock, and yet no see the hypocrisy in that is beyond my comprehension.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
r-EVANDER-KANE-large570.jpg

Cant understand why it all went wrong...

Golden Knights nemesis Evander Kane files for bankruptcy

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Sucks for Kane. And I know it’s most likely his fault but I don’t wish that kind of debt on anyone. I’ve known people pushed into depression by student loans and mortgages that total just a small percentage of this.

it makes sense now why he was pushing to hard for that YouTube fight.

The nhl and other pro sports have classes for this when coming into the league but still happens way too often, although does seem a bit less in hockey than other sports. What he has earned would be considered generational wealth for most families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad