Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
What a treat hearing Felger and Mazz blast Pete Abraham. Easily the most insufferable baseball beat guy in town. Between Nesn and the Globe, he's officially in the bag

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
John Wallach the sports 'guy' just asked Billy Jaffe who are these guys, no one in Boston has ever heard of them - when Jaffe was talking about McKinnon, Landedkog, OReilly, and Duschene, fire this guy or atleast don't pay him

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
John Wallach the sports 'guy' just asked Billy Jaffe who are these guys, no one in Boston has ever heard of them - when Jaffe was talking about McKinnon, Landedkog, OReilly, and Duschene, fire this guy or atleast don't pay him

Hardly household names outside of serious hockey fans. I had to look up McKinnon.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

Heard that. Yes John, many of us know who they are. Go back to talking baseball little Johnny.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
He is not worse than Cafardo. No one is.

Cafardo's downfall in terms of respect was in shamelessly promoting Bobby V before he was hired and then making up excuse after excuse for Bobby V even as the ship was sinking like the Titanic. I think he even reasoned that he should be back for another year.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
What a treat hearing Felger and Mazz blast Pete Abraham. Easily the most insufferable baseball beat guy in town. Between Nesn and the Globe, he's officially in the bag

I get that many of the beat writers in town are insufferable, and many are in the bag for the teams they cover, but I honestly switched that segment off after a few minutes because it's becoming the same schtick from Felger every time. Okay, I get it, they are inconsistent, they defend the teams...are people not already aware of this? Do we need a 20 minute segment on it every time a writer in town shows themselves to be in the bag? Abraham was wrong, they are all wrong an awful lot, and yes, he can be condescending, but it's not a big newsflash. I also don't expect Abraham to write in the paper the next day publicizing how he was wrong, and how he is not consistent. The fact that Farrell hit for Drew this time and it worked is proof enough. I don't think Abraham needs to point it out in writing. It's not a big deal, and I agree with Felger's overall premise, but I'm just tired of hearing the same schtick over and over again when it comes to these writers.

OLD51JOHN

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Why dont they call it what it is ???

I tune in sports talk everyday... One show is football and more football .. I know that the host are football experts... I love football but I thought it was a SPORTS show..

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
No offense, but last time I checked football is a sport.

I'm starting to think this thread has run its course with the amount of complaining. None of us are going to be 100% satisfied with either station or every show, it's time we accept that. I'd rather hosts talk about what they are knowledgeable about than try and discuss in-depth about sports they know very little about - even if I don't like that particular sport.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I got angry last night when I went to tune in to Adam Jones and found the Celtics game.

and I don't even care for A.J. It's better than crapsketball.

sigh

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Really? He's been hyped for years.

Really. But more to the point is that maybe true NHL fans know those 4 but I'll bet most average Bruins fans don't and most sports fans don't. I'll try a sample at tonight's game. Don't mistake STHs or Hfers for the average Bruins fan.

Damn,he was number 1 overall and I completely ignored that draft because of the Bs position I guess. I don't know who went #1 in baseball or football or basketball either. Slipping.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I got angry last night when I went to tune in to Adam Jones and found the Celtics game.

and I don't even care for A.J. It's better than crapsketball.

sigh

Same. I can't stand whatever the crap EEI has on from 6pm-whenever, so I tend to listen to AJ.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
TSH cuts a lot of corners in regard to hockey knowledge. They just rely on Beers and Gouch, while the rest slack off. Felger was actually bragging about knowing nothing about our farm system. The least they can do is read a few articles about goings on in Providence, as well as around the NHL. 30 minutes of research per week would do them wonders.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
No offense, but last time I checked football is a sport.

I'm starting to think this thread has run its course with the amount of complaining. None of us are going to be 100% satisfied with either station or every show, it's time we accept that. I'd rather hosts talk about what they are knowledgeable about than try and discuss in-depth about sports they know very little about - even if I don't like that particular sport.

Following that logic we might as well close the whole board.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Salk has grown on me - I like that show. Felger does no show prep unless you count listening to the other station. He has 2 young kids and a zillion jobs not to mention a hot wife- it shows in his 'conspiracy theory' fall back 9 times out of 10. As for Mazz he lost me after crapping on the Red Sox all year and agreeing with Felger do much.

Mutt and Merloni can talk all 4 sports and Mutt is a fan and is excited and probably would watch these games if didn't do this for a living

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Salk has grown on me - I like that show. Felger does no show prep unless you count listening to the other station. He has 2 young kids and a zillion jobs not to mention a hot wife- it shows in his 'conspiracy theory' fall back 9 times out of 10. As for Mazz he lost me after crapping on the Red Sox all year and agreeing with Felger do much.

Mutt and Maloney can talk all 4 sports and Mutt is a fan and is excited and probably would watch these games if didn't do this for a living

Salk really has grown on me, I'll agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad