Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Anyone else not listening to any of the 8 weekday shows?

I am at that point.

I haven't listened to sports radio outside of the Bruins broadcasts in over a year.

When DA left, that was the end for me. I really enjoyed listening to him on the way home from games.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
D&C&M have seemingly been empowered by the new sheriff because the gloves have come off and the have been hilarious.
All over Romeo and Pebbles as well as some WAAF (a sister station) big wigs.

If they are going out, they're doing it their way.
Although 2nd place in this market is nothing to scoff at.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Not just me....

they are #1

Who will replace DnC when they get canned? That is the question

The fact that they're #1 doesn't mean that they're good.

More people buy Lagy Gaga's CDs than Eric Clapton's. That don't mean she's better.

More people eat at McDonald's than the Capital Grill.

Fact is, if you like sports radio, T&R just aren't very good.

chippa13*

The fact that they're #1 doesn't mean that they're good.

More people buy Lagy Gaga's CDs than Eric Clapton's. That don't mean she's better.

More people eat at McDonald's than the Capital Grill.

Fact is, if you like sports radio, T&R just aren't very good.

Hate to break it to you but Lady Gaga is 1000x better than Eric Clapton.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

If Eric Clapton had dementia he'd have forgotten more about music than Lady Gaga- and she is very talented and not some creation from Hollywood, but we are talking Eric Clapton- this is Bobby Hull, Mark Messier, Stevie Yzerman of hockey- she is John Taveras.

to say she is more talented than Eric Clapton unless you are talking about in the sack is like comical.

love you Z but this is more hilarious than Carl Everett saying 'dinosaurs didn't exist'

I aint that old, and I can say I know both of these artists well and she aint even in the same time zone

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
D&C&M have seemingly been empowered by the new sheriff because the gloves have come off and the have been hilarious.
All over Romeo and Pebbles as well as some WAAF (a sister station) big wigs.

If they are going out, they're doing it their way.
Although 2nd place in this market is nothing to scoff at.

If you are open minded and without agenda the final days of D&C are epic. They are at peace with all this and they have never been better- the crap they are saying about Toucher and Rich is downright hilarious. Minehan killing Wallach is outstanding....I am waiting for him to say 'Wallach does the show on his knees'....Wallach's reported to be a good guy, but he is terrible. If D&C weren't such blooming to the right and spent so much time angry they would still own the airwaves- but they blew it themselves imo. The other show may be silly but angry radio loses to that every time.
Now they are happy and don't give a **** which makes for outstanding radio

I've always believed 'revenge is best served with a smile and a great attitude'

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

:laugh:Now I totally understand why you like T&R! :biglaugh:

Edit: I owe you an apology. That came off way more condescending than I meant it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but in my lifetime (and if you're a Lady Gaga fan, I gaurantee you I'm WAY older than you! LOL) there has not been one single musician that's even twice as good as Eric Clapton, and Lady Gaga is not even on a list that comes close. 1000X is out of the question!

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If you are open minded and without agenda the final days of D&C are epic. They are at peace with all this and they have never been better- the crap they are saying about Toucher and Rich is downright hilarious. Minehan killing Wallach is outstanding....I am waiting for him to say 'Wallach does the show on his knees'....Wallach's reported to be a good guy, but he is terrible. If D&C weren't such blooming to the right and spent so much time angry they would still own the airwaves- but they blew it themselves imo. The other show may be silly but angry radio loses to that every time.
Now they are happy and don't give a **** which makes for outstanding radio

I've always believed 'revenge is best served with a smile and a great attitude'

You do have to wonder about what exactly lies ahead for D&C?

2nd-5th isn't bad in such a strong market and while they won't have the leverage they once had when their contracts expire, you'd think they could find middle ground. Especially if they continue to finish top 3-5.

From managements perspective, they'd have to wonder if replacements could do that well.

And D&C would have to ask themselves if it would be better to continue to work (and stay relevant) for 1/2 or 2/3rds of what they made in their heyday, or do they want to get back to a regular life of sleeping later than 4am.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
If Eric Clapton had dementia he'd have forgotten more about music than Lady Gaga- and she is very talented and not some creation from Hollywood, but we are talking Eric Clapton- this is Bobby Hull, Mark Messier, Stevie Yzerman of hockey- she is John Taveras.

to say she is more talented than Eric Clapton unless you are talking about in the sack is like comical.

love you Z but this is more hilarious than Carl Everett saying 'dinosaurs didn't exist'

I aint that old, and I can say I know both of these artists well and she aint even in the same time zone

It's what happens when you mix teens and 20 somethings (the worst know nothings) with the rest of society,you get uninformed dribble.

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
:laugh:Now I totally understand why you like T&R! :biglaugh:

Edit: I owe you an apology. That came off way more condescending than I meant it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but in my lifetime (and if you're a Lady Gaga fan, I gaurantee you I'm WAY older than you! LOL) there has not been one single musician that's even twice as good as Eric Clapton, and Lady Gaga is not even on a list that comes close. 1000X is out of the question!

Lady Gaga is awful. T&R is the best morning station followed by the Greg Hill show or whatever it's called on WAAF. WEEI is atrocious.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
You do have to wonder about what exactly lies ahead for D&C?

2nd-5th isn't bad in such a strong market and while they won't have the leverage they once had when their contracts expire, you'd think they could find middle ground. Especially if they continue to finish top 3-5.

From managements perspective, they'd have to wonder if replacements could do that well.

And D&C would have to ask themselves if it would be better to continue to work (and stay relevant) for 1/2 or 2/3rds of what they made in their heyday, or do they want to get back to a regular life of sleeping later than 4am.

They have certainly modified the show in the last few months and more so the last month after a serious modification 2 years ago. I think they will be at the mercy of the ratings and a far better option for most post 20s than the 98.5 morning stupidity. Money of that amount is difficult not to bend over for.

pdmuck

Feb 23, 2009
Massachusetts
That whole "Rick Pitino you suck" shtick was terrible. And then they would replay the audio of it every 15 minutes or less, both yesterday and today. It was insufferable. I had to turn it off...

Were they really sitting there thinking listeners would love hearing that over and over and over again?

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
That whole "Rick Pitino you suck" shtick was terrible. And then they would replay the audio of it every 15 minutes or less, both yesterday and today. It was insufferable. I had to turn it off...

Were they really sitting there thinking listeners would love hearing that over and over and over again?

First thing this morning they were talking about that and saying "We're so done with it."

Then they kept talking about it so I changed it.

Went back about 5 minutes later....still talking about, it so I changed it.

About 5 minutes later....still talking about it..... so I changed it.

Junk! :thumbd:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Ummm, what the heck happened with T&R and Rick Pitino this morning?

It showed up on their ridiculous podcast feed (I mean, who wants to listen to all 4 hours of a radio show, commercials included)...and Pitino comes on and they scream at him and hang up.

Maybe I missed something, was it a recording of Pitino or something? If not, that's pretty poor form. I know they did the same to Theo Fleury, though I guess that was because Fleury kept flaking on their interview requests.

Pitino screwed over Red Auerbach and ran the Celtics into the ground. He never faced the music for what he did, especially to Red. :rant:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
One of those rare situations where I feel that all involved parties are equally guilty of asshatery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad