Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I decided to give D & C a listen after 2 - 3 years and I really like their new Meter-Perel guy.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I decided to give D & C a listen after 2 - 3 years and I really like their new Meter-Perel guy.

I started listening to D&C again too after a long layoff. T&R really just doesn't do it for me anymore. maybe I grew up? I dunno, but I find them unlistenable now.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Whats the Felgy crew talkin' about today? I haven't listened, I imagine its like 80% Sox and how the Pats can't buy points?

I tuned in at 4. Mostly Brady/Gronk crap and ALCS talk. Also there was a "Bruins breather" with Neely. Definitely not a day for the puck-head listeners, but understandably so. I imagine that they'll start talking more puck following the MLB season.

Last edited:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I love Zo's enthusiasm as a color guy, but he needs to let Soci handle the game winning calls. Like imagine if Bob Beers screamed over Gouch during the "Bergeron! Bergeron!" call, or the "Get the duck boats ready!" call. No bueno.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Having gotten insanely tired of all the Leafs win the Cup talk already on stations here, I`ve been tuning into WEEI, couldn`t tell you the names of any of the characters but it`s ok, better than hearing about how busy Bloor and Young street

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I love Zo's enthusiasm as a color guy, but he needs to let Soci handle the game winning calls. Like imagine if Bob Beers screamed over Gouch during the "Bergeron! Bergeron!" call, or the "Get the duck boats ready!" call. No bueno.
They were both going crazy in Zo's defense. I do agree tho.

For Patriots calls, nothing will top Gil Santos' "The kick is up, the kick is.. good! It's good! The Patriots are World Champions!" after Vinatieri's clutch kick in 2002.

I wish we could have heard Orsillo call last night's grand slam and game winning hit.

We truly are spoiled here in Boston/New England with TV and Radio PBP guys.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...radys-touchdown-to-thompkins-patriots-saints/

Yikes. Yeah, Socci had a good call going then all I can hear is Zo.

Zo just kind of reminds me of that ADD kid who loses his focus at the shiny thing and it takes a couple seconds to rein him back in. I commend the exuberance but in that moment, you wanna hear the pro and not the color guy.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...radys-touchdown-to-thompkins-patriots-saints/

Yikes. Yeah, Socci had a good call going then all I can hear is Zo.

Zo just kind of reminds me of that ADD kid who loses his focus at the shiny thing and it takes a couple seconds to rein him back in. I commend the exuberance but in that moment, you wanna hear the pro and not the color guy.

Of course Toucher and Rich, lord protectors of all things obnoxious, have basically said "well they do it in other cities, so it's ok for Zolak to scream here. Let's play clips of other idiots!"

As someone said, can you IMAGINE Bob Beers screaming over Goucher in a big spot? No. Because the guy is a professional. Just because it is a local broadcast does not give you license to yell like an idiot calling a Houston Texans game.

It was such an egomaniacal move by Zolak, a guy we got stuck with in this city just because he won two freaking games in 1992. God help us all.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Of course Toucher and Rich, lord protectors of all things obnoxious, have basically said "well they do it in other cities, so it's ok for Zolak to scream here. Let's play clips of other idiots!"

As someone said, can you IMAGINE Bob Beers screaming over Goucher in a big spot? No. Because the guy is a professional. Just because it is a local broadcast does not give you license to yell like an idiot calling a Houston Texans game.

It was such an egomaniacal move by Zolak, a guy we got stuck with in this city just because he won two freaking games in 1992. God help us all.

I admit that I laughed hysterically when I heard 'Unicorns, show ponies!!' or whatever he yelled, but he totally pulled the same thing as Cedric Maxwell did to Sean Grande when Grande was reciting his Celtics Green Seventeen opus 'I GOT THE BALL!'. Soci is a very good play by play guy, an excellent replacement to Gil Santos.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I was hoping FM would play the old football clips mixed in with Zo's call.

"..And there ain't no flag!"
"Bing bang boom.. getout the way!"

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

It's all becoming clear to me now. I can't believe I missed it initially. Ladies and Gentlemen, hiding under his username bruins309, I give you the immortal Hugh Millen...:laugh:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
just noticed espn dropped james murphy from their coverage. i never read espn for hockey, so it may have happened a while ago, but seems like a sharp move...may even read some of their stuff now. just waiting for Lonnie to drop by and confirm with an E5. slainte!

qc

Aug 23, 2011
e113954f5cee91b353900ca98f9ba1fc.jpeg

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
just noticed espn dropped james murphy from their coverage. i never read espn for hockey, so it may have happened a while ago, but seems like a sharp move...may even read some of their stuff now. just waiting for Lonnie to drop by and confirm with an E5. slainte!

I'd make a joke about if ESPN dropped Murph from it's hockey coverage would anyone actually notice, but the answer is yes. Instead of everything being wrong and tied to nefarious and mysterious unnamed sources, ESPN now has a chance of actually getting a hockey story right. Sláinte! :naughty:

member 96824

Editor got sick of telling him the Bruins werent going to get Ovechkin, Crosby, and Toews.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

I'm starting to think that Murph may have had a bad year in addition to losing his ESPN gig. On his twitter feed, he refers to his girlfriend and possibly moving to Montreal, when last I checked he had a wife and child? When it rains it pours I guess.

But there's still the Murphy's Hockey Law Hockey Show on XM...or is it the Murphy's Law Hockey Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad