Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomtask68

Jul 19, 2010
Burlington, MA
Ugh, getting tired of Felger and Mazz lately, the contrarian Felger and loud whiny Mazz are too much. Today someone calls in somewhat upset since they spent significant amount of time on Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan's nickname (Matty Ice) instead of spending any segment on the impending Bruins season, which is true. There really hasn't been any Bruins talk yet, even though the third line has been a question mark and there are two new top 6 wingers who come with a lot of fanfare/controversy. They talked about the team a bit with the premiere of Behind the B but the talk was really only about the show and it was shown a few weeks ago.

There have been few updates on the nature of the team and how they look in general and I'm not looking for an entire show to be dedicated to the Bruins or anything, but a segment every few days maybe or even looking at the moves made in the offseason by other teams or anything. I mean, how many shows were dedicated to a player on the Pats (Tebow) who ultimately never made the final roster? (Again, I know he's a polarizing figure but come on, it was way too much).

I know I shouldn't be that upset since there are so many other outlets for hockey talk and what not, but for many fans the local sports radio and news programs are where they get their news and people like Felger and Mazz have an ability to influence their audience to a high degree. And even though 98.5 carries the Bruins, I feel like WEEI had better guests. Mutt and Merloni had Pierre McGuire on during the playoffs and Jack Edwards would go on Salk and Holley the day after playoff games, while Felger and Mazz have Cam Neely (who hates being on there) and Milbury who isn't terrible but isn't amazing.

Long story short, I want a mention on the state of the team who's league's season begins on Tuesday, their first game is Thursday, and is the last team to win a championship and also compete in the finals for a championship. End rant

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
Salk has been talking about them on eei.
But he doesnt really like hockey...or something like that.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
It's official: The Sports Hub is the new home of the Celtics. Multi-year deal, conflicts with B's go to ZLX.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Got in the car today and it was on 98.5 and Felger said he wouldn't talk about Bruins preseason and him and Tony mocked the guy who called them out for not talking Bruins. They'll talk about Patriots preseason and Tim Tebow or Spring Training for weeks but won't acknowledge the Bruins.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Got in the car today and it was on 98.5 and Felger said he wouldn't talk about Bruins preseason and him and Tony mocked the guy who called them out for not talking Bruins. They'll talk about Patriots preseason and Tim Tebow or Spring Training for weeks but won't acknowledge the Bruins.

I got out of work late and turned on the radio at like 710 (thought the game started at 7...) and they were *****ing about some baseball thing that had nothing to do with the sox even... Pathetic the sox are on cruise control and off today, the bruins are playing 20 min from then and they still decide to complain about some stupid ass baseball thing.

I didn't listen long... the bruins talk i have heard recently has been marginal to pointless in terms of just repeating the well known news and adding nothing new.
It is good to see bruins still get preference over the celts.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Mocking hockey? The holy grail of sports radio entities?

Say it isn't so!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hockey Show starts up again this Saturday :) 2 hours with Johnston, Goucher and Beers :)

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Hockey Show starts up again this Saturday :) 2 hours with Johnston, Goucher and Beers :)

Nice! I enjoyed that last year....I kept wishing that they would post the audio on their website after or allow it to be downloaded like a podcast. Hated missing it on some mornings and I would have loved to have had the chance to listen to it when I did....

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Ugh, I hope this doesn't mean that the Sports Hub will start talking more Celtics. I know they will, so this is bad news.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
And they get to keep Grande and Max, HALLELUJAH!! :handclap:

Interesting since one of their morning hosts says he hates the NBA and when he does talk about it it's only with regards to how guys from Michigan State are doing, and the 2 afternoon hosts hate the home team as well.

I'm predicting an amazing turnaround in the feelings of these guys now that the station is the flagship for the team.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ugh, I hope this doesn't mean that the Sports Hub will start talking more Celtics. I know they will, so this is bad news.

LOL hysterical. Fans here moan and whine and complain that a station ignored one of its home teams for so long, and at the same time want a station to ignore one of its home teams.

Seems like some people think that stations should devote their time to only the sports THEY like.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
LOL hysterical. Fans here moan and whine and complain that a station ignored one of its home teams for so long, and at the same time want a station to ignore one of its home teams.

Seems like some people think that stations should devote their time to only the sports THEY like.

And you call yourself Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad