Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.) - V

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Made about as much sense as most of his Tim Thomas coverage?

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Nice to see Chris Curtis, producer of D&C, beating the Haggs article to death. If this were the work of a Celtics, Red Sox, or Pats writer, he wouldn't even be mentioning it. The guy comes off as a complete d-bag, not to mention a complete hypocrite.

Yep. I can understand playing it once an hour because the listeners change, but when they play it over and over and over in just a few minutes, I have no option but to listen to another station.

chippa13*

I'm assuming those are the voices in his head that make him throw hissy fits on twitter.

Dragon Naturally Speaking takes "Bergeron", if said real fast, and turns it into "13-year-old girls"

I tried Chara and it comes out as "adult film actress: Bridget the Midget"

Just Google Searchin'

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
Nice to see Chris Curtis, producer of D&C, beating the Haggs article to death. If this were the work of a Celtics, Red Sox, or Pats writer, he wouldn't even be mentioning it. The guy comes off as a complete d-bag, not to mention a complete hypocrite.

I don't know about other writers, but this idiot trolls all four teams and their fans.
Just another young punk who never worked their way up and "earned" their contempt for athletes, management and fans.
At least Felger, Mazz, Borges, Shank, etc. have paid their dues by actually working a beat and covering teams.

member 96824

Yep. I can understand playing it once an hour because the listeners change, but when they play it over and over and over in just a few minutes, I have no option but to listen to another station.

If the shoe was on the other foot, Haggs would be all over it as well though. This we know to be true.

I mean the guy called out A. Benjamin for saying "Seems very likely" just a couple months ago

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
If the shoe was on the other foot, Haggs would be all over it as well though. This we know to be true.

I mean the guy called out A. Benjamin for saying "Seems very likely" just a couple months ago

He is the first to jump on someone on twitter when they do something.

Here is his lame response.

LOL. So Dan Roche doesn't lay down his hammer on the NHL? Lesson learned: dont file a column when ur exhausted & falling asleep at keyboard

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

My point was, it was funny for a minute or 2. Playing it 68 times in 20 minutes does not make for good radio.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I don't know about other writers, but this idiot trolls all four teams and their fans.
Just another young punk who never worked their way up and "earned" their contempt for athletes, management and fans.
At least Felger, Mazz, Borges, Shank, etc. have paid their dues by actually working a beat and covering teams.

On Twitter pretty much all he does is act as if the Bruins are irrelevant, and he goes out of his way to do so. He doesn't do that with any of the other teams. What's interesting is that when he was on 98.5 (he produced the "D.A. Show") he was nothing but positive about the Bruins/Hockey, but from the second he went to WEEI he's been belittling the Bruins/sport of Hockey.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/bruins-say-effort-isnt-what-they-wanted-game-3

Haggs and bad writing

They changed it on the website, here is the original article.

Thanks for posting that. I came out of the doctor's office and turned on the car radio to hear D & C talking about Haggerty getting fired, then they go to Mut & Merloni, who didn't explain anything.

Colossally dumb by Haggerty of course. (I like the "tired" excuse. Maybe he should remember that the next time he says being tired is no excuse.) But it also is a perfect illustration of the perils of unedited writing.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I like Ryan Whitney's commentary... even GZ are listenable today. :amazed:

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
good lord! so what you're telling me is that before he was simonettifanclub he was Killer Kampfer?

:laugh: Be wary of posters who choose horrible fringe defensemen as their screen names. My favorite was when he was seriously considering contacting Steve Kampfer to see if it was ok for him to use his name.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
"So the lack of immediate family perhaps explains Dougie Hamilton's puzzling decision to speed across the ice to take out puck carrier Lars Eller, and in doing so free up a wide open lane for Subban to break in all alone on the Boston net."

ok now i got it. He's obviously calling for the Bruins to reinstate their old tradition of having all the players dads attend a game together. guess he wasn't as tired as we thought.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Haggerty messed up but atleast to me it was more amusing- to Haggerty competitors and enemies its fire and pitchfork worthy. His comments were odd but nothing worthy of jail time.

In the end he'll probably pick up a couple of thousand new twitter followers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad