Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.) - V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Felger has something right. He went easy on the TSN guy, Moffet, but they really can't admit in Montreal to a history of going down easily on little contact

David Krejci*

The Habs really come out to "Fix You" by Coldplay? lmao

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/bruins-say-effort-isnt-what-they-wanted-game-3

Haggs and bad writing

They changed it on the website, here is the original article.

MONTREAL – Reality seems to have finally sunk in that the Bruins need to improve if they hope to advance beyond the Montreal Canadiens in the second round of the playoffs. It’s still early in the series, down 2-1 in the best-of-seven showdown after Tuesday’s 4-2 loss at the Bell Centre, and the latest loss to the Habs was much more about what Boston did to themselves rather than anything the Canadiens were doing to them.

Quite simply the Bruins weren’t ready to play at puck drop in Game 3, and that’s surprising given the Bell Centre scene setting and the playoff backdrop against the hated Habs. Maybe it was a case of nerves in the loud, intimidating Montreal barn for some of the younger players that made mistakes, or perhaps it was a night where everything went against the Black and Gold.

But the common denominator was unexplainable breakdowns in the defensive end, average goaltending and a top forward line that never got untracked in the first game against Montreal.

“We’ve got to be better with our courage. We’ve got to lean you guys,” said Chara. “

Separately the Bruins could win with one of these things happening, but taken together they give Boston little chance of victory against a Habs team that keeps getting stronger.”

“There were breakdowns where we gave them those plays” said Bergeron, who was one of the few highlight players in defeat with 10 shot attempts, a momentum-changing goal in the second period and 17-of-28 face off wins against the Bruins. "They’re going to make you pay if you’re not aware. It’s about doing a better job.”

Clearly Bergeron did his job, but so many other players didn’t as the mistakes really began to pile up against a quick Montreal team that can capitalize on those errors. Midway through the first period Kevan Miller found himself way out of position, and that cleared Czech Republic center Tomas Plekanec for a clean shot at a backdoor goal to open the scoring.

Perhaps the worst and most egregious mistake was next as P.K. Subban was whistled for roughing, and then escaped from the penalty box at the end of two minutes served for a successful breakaway scoring chance. Subban served his two minutes, and then watched as the Bruins power play unit fumbled around without any true chance of scoring with the possession.

“I didn’t see it, but I was on the other side of a hockey rink, was standing there this time around,” said the 13-year-old girls. (Patrice Bergeron. “We need to do a better job of stopping that. In definitely wasn’t the effort that we want, and now we’ve got the results.

There was no stick tapping warning from Tuukka Rask when Subban’s penalty was about to expire, and there was no yelling from the Bruins bench to warn the PK unit that the Montreal defenseman was free to roam.

So the lack of immediate family perhaps explains Dougie Hamilton’s puzzling decision to speed across the ice to take out puck carrier Lars Eller, and in doing so free up a wide open lane for Subban to break in all alone on the Boston net.

Subban beat Rask with one forehand move, and flipped the puck into an open net for a score that totally changed the view of goaltenders both local and beyond. It was the same name in the game is he’s also in the second period as the gaffe of Andrej Meszaros and Johnny Boychuk allowed Dale Weise to sneak behind them and pot his own second period goal.

“Certainly we dug ourselves a hole that was too big to get out of tonight,” said Claude Julien. “They played a better game tonight, but when you see that it doesn’t really matter

“The game is just over now, and I’ve got 48 hours to think about [any changes to the lineup].”

Following the Weise goal things really tightened up for Montreal, and it seemed Boston was once again finding their way to a third period showdown with the help of the Habs goalie Carey Price. One would be expected as the Bruins go back to the drawing boast in Game 3, and Giardi potentially keeps along that roadway while Dan Roche isn’t around to lay down his hammer on the league.

Last edited:

chippa13*

DnC better be careful...

they called Haggs "Ariel Castro" and that he has 13 year old girls duck taped in his hotel room closet

that is bordering on law suit stuff right there

chippa13*

This series proves that having PK Subban on the Bruins wouldn't be a bad thing...(see PK Thread)

sigh

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
looks like instead of pasting from hfboards he pasted from his google search.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
My reaction to Haggs' original article is pretty much the same as my reaction to the Bruins last night: What the hell was that?!?!

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Nice to see Chris Curtis, producer of D&C, beating the Haggs article to death. If this were the work of a Celtics, Red Sox, or Pats writer, he wouldn't even be mentioning it. The guy comes off as a complete d-bag, not to mention a complete hypocrite.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I mean, this is most likely just some silly mistake that may have occurred from some 20-year-old kid hit "post" after accidentally screwing up. I mean, Haggs isn't a lunatic.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I mean, this is most likely just some silly mistake that may have occurred from some 20-year-old kid hit "post" after accidentally screwing up. I mean, Haggs isn't a lunatic.

Yah, that is what happened- although D&C are having a blast with it. It could have been much worse, it was just a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

although Conor McKenna will soon be reporting ALL Boston media have no idea on hockey and post it with Haggs face clouded out (James Murphy will explain that is why he migrated North to real hockey town and with serious media folks with degrees from McGill University and not the University of Phoenix most of the Boston media has)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad