Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.) - V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
So we are down to a singular woman who may be a Habs fan? Connor McKenna I read is a Habs radio reporter- apparently embellishment is not just an on ice thing with that organization.

This is the sense that I got from Haggs on T&R yesterday. He said he knows McKenna very well and when pressed for who he was talking about, McKenna started backtracking and said he couldn't really make out who it was other than just some blonde woman.

Now it is Haggs so tack it for what it's worth, but I get the sense McKenna overreacted and when everyone took note, he turtled back into his shell.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
This is the sense that I got from Haggs on T&R yesterday. He said he knows McKenna very well and when pressed for who he was talking about, McKenna started backtracking and said he couldn't really make out who it was other than just some blonde woman.

Now it is Haggs so tack it for what it's worth, but I get the sense McKenna overreacted and when everyone took note, he turtled back into his shell.

I think we are seeing Conor McKenna for what he is, a Canadiens diehard masquerading as a journalist. I have lost a ton of respect for him during this series. What he did was juvenile and childish. He essentially threw a temper tantrum when his team lost and he responded by embellishing (surprise, Montreal!) the pressbox celebration that may have been one person that nobody can identify. As Peter Laviolette said during the HBO show last year I think, 'Typical Montreal'. Funny thing is when their team sucks, they turn on the players and eat them alive. Their true colors are coming out in this series and it's disgusting to see. We knew about the fans, but now it's also the beat writers and the coach.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I never realized how many of these media guys dislike each other pretty amazing but I guess the competition is so tense it can lead to animosity and jealousy

The Haggs vs. Matt Kalman and Amalie Benjamin is pretty obvious. Kalman and Benjamin don't pull many punches in their tweets about him. Good stuff.

I would love to know the details as to why Joe McDonald won out over Murphy. Other than one has never called for Chara to be stripped of his captaincy during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The Haggs vs. Matt Kalman and Amalie Benjamin is pretty obvious. Kalman and Benjamin don't pull many punches in their tweets about him. Good stuff.

I would love to know the details as to why Joe McDonald won out over Murphy. Other than one has never called for Chara to be stripped of his captaincy during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Because Murph is a glorified blogging **** stirrer.

member 96824

Because amazingly, Joe McDonald is better.

Which speaks volumes to Murph's work, not Joe's

Slainte!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He and Murph are attached at the hip since Murph moved to Montreal.

They both should have their credentials revoked after this. They crossed the professional line and will continue to do so to try and stay relevant. I am amazed at how many people cling to every word they say and take it as fact.

The only way they will be put in their place is if media outlets such as 98.5 stop inviting them on and calling them insiders. They are straight up full of hot air.

I like Haggs coverage but I digress- my complaint is the embellishment this week by Conor McKenna- the more I look into this and hear back from folks, the more I find he is a Montreal Canadiens stooge- he may not be rat but he has a problem with the truth (and I am not talking Paul Pierce); and the ridiculous article on racism by Jack Todd in the Montreal Gazette- wow, talk about two people with a following embellishing stories on both press box cheering and a region's racism

both of these two should be ashamed

as for James Murphy part of this-the 'we are not rats' comment was my favorite tweet; I'm going to go out on a pier and say that this an 'inside' thing directed at other Boston media by Murphy.

sounds like we have the Boston media and the Montreal media (and I am putting James Murphy with McKenna and on the Habs side, because I have to put him somewhere in this)- the Bruins media doing there job and the Montreal media making crap up and sensationalizing

the players are showing more class than the media up dere

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
There was a fight between two journalists a few years ago in the Habs locker room after a playoffs loss. These holier than thou Montreal media people are just like the rest of the fanbase.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Nilan is pretty good on MTL radio. I don`t mind Tony Marrinaro as well. Not sure if people listen regularly but last year during the cup run they were getting complaints from their fanbase bc they were very pro boston.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I know that NFL draft talk is relevant, but I simply can't stand it.

At least Wiggy is on air to inform us on what breads Belichick's butter.

David Krejci*

Felger just went on an all time great rant on the Habs media, Montreal typical, and how the refereeing always becomes an issue with the Habs. We never ever even talk about the refs when playing anyone else, even when there is embellishment by the Bruins and the team they're playing. It's only Montreal where it devolves into this ****.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Felger may be from Wisconsin, but his hate for the Canadiens is that of one of us.

"I'm already aggravated and the game doesn't start for 3 hours":laugh:

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Dale just said that Subban is NOT a better offensive player than Chara mostly because Chara has more points than Subban over the past four years. Now c'mon Dale, that's how you enter Jack Edwards yahoo territory.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Wonder where he read..uh..heard that? :sarcasm:

FM is on break, I'm sure FeLSCger will chime in. :naughty:

Congrats to Murph though.. Felgy (noted poop-stirring rat) calling someone else a poop-stirring rat? That's akin to being called the sexiest man alive by Ryan Gosling.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Congrats to Murph though.. Felgy (noted poop-stirring rat) calling someone else a poop-stirring rat? That's akin to being called the sexiest man alive by Ryan Gosling.

Felger has made some of the same points as Murphy over the past couple of years.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Hey, did someone mention me? I have a break at work right now, but it's only for 90 seconds, no commercials...:naughty:

member 96824

Dale just said that Subban is NOT a better offensive player than Chara mostly because Chara has more points than Subban over the past four years. Now c'mon Dale, that's how you enter Jack Edwards yahoo territory.

I'm taking this and absolutely running with it.

Claude Giroux is the best Canadian born player. Tell all your friends, Shout it from the rooftops folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad