Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.) - V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This was bound to happen with the series going back to Montreal:

@renlavoietva: #canadiens Michel Therrien thinks that the Bruins are getting away really well with some non calls by referees. #tvasports

Excellent - if he said this for real we got them

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Excellent - if he said this for real we got them

And I seriously hope this is posturing for calls a la Phil Jackson vs. Pat Riley...and not that he seriously believes they are being shafted. Because I question his sanity, if he truly believes that...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And I seriously hope this is posturing for calls a la Phil Jackson vs. Pat Riley...and not that he seriously believes they are being shafted. Because I question his sanity, if he truly believes that...

It's his return salvo to the Claude comment- he is looking to cancel Claude's 'vote' out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So the Bruins media folks are steadfast there was no cheering in the press box. Now was James Murphy at the game or was he inserting himself into the story with the 'we are not rats' comment. Sounds like he's upset with some of the Boston media members. If he was there you'd think he would know the culprits. This was discussed on a few shows I heard and the texts comments and PM I got insinuated Murphy made this up- but if he wasn't there he would just be passing info on but his comment made it seem like he was present and no way would make it up

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
So the Bruins media folks are steadfast there was no cheering in the press box. Now was James Murphy at the game or was he inserting himself into the story with the 'we are not rats' comment. Sounds like he's upset with some of the Boston media members. If he was there you'd think he would know the culprits. This was discussed on a few shows I heard and the texts comments and PM I got insinuated Murphy made this up- but if he wasn't there he would just be passing info on but his comment made it seem like he was present and no way would make it up

conor mckenna (habs radio reporter, in a similar story took video of Edwards cheering in the Bell Centre press box and was forced to delete it a few years back) brought it up. then all boston reporters were saying that canadiens writers were cheering in the press box it was all pretty dumb. mckenna specifically stated it wasn't haggs and then said something about a "blonde lady".

if there are credentialed media reporters actually cheering in the press box for both sides that's really unprofessional and lame but mostly i dont give a ****. and i really dont give a **** about some corny "bruins vs canadiens media war"

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This was bound to happen with the series going back to Montreal:

@renlavoietva: #canadiens Michel Therrien thinks that the Bruins are getting away really well with some non calls by referees. #tvasports

To counter this, at his next presser I think Claude should say something like:

When I coached in Montreal I always knew that we'd get the first power play at home and always counted on a late game power play when we were down. Now that I'm on the other side of it, it's very frustrating.

Talking about the referee's bias from an inside perspective would add an interesting dynamic to the conversation, whether he feels that way or not.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
conor mckenna (habs radio reporter, in a similar story took video of Edwards cheering in the Bell Centre press box and was forced to delete it a few years back) brought it up. then all boston reporters were saying that canadiens writers were cheering in the press box it was all pretty dumb. mckenna specifically stated it wasn't haggs and then said something about a "blonde lady".

if there are credentialed media reporters actually cheering in the press box for both sides that's really unprofessional and lame but mostly i dont give a ****. and i really dont give a **** about some corny "bruins vs canadiens media war"

There's certainly a difference between Edwards (and whoever broadcasts for the Canadiens) and reporters for the Boston Globe or Montreal Gazette. I wouldn't expect broadcasters employed by the club to be coldly impartial.

Sometimes driving home late from work I catch ESPN's baseball highlights; they use local radio broadcasters' calls and you wouldn't believe how incredibly homerish some of them are. Not just getting excited over a game-winning homer (that's understandable, and warranted), but actively cheering. They sound like insane fans.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

He was blasting the bloggers.

His exact quote to me via Twitter DM: "Not a shot at Boston media in general. More at the new blog world that are a bunch of immature fans that have no business being there."

He's full of crap and the Bruins and the rest of the NHL would be wise to revoke any credentials he may have for the remainder of the playoffs and beyond.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
He was blasting the bloggers.

His exact quote to me via Twitter DM: "Not a shot at Boston media in general. More at the new blog world that are a bunch of immature fans that have no business being there."

He's full of crap and the Bruins and the rest of the NHL would be wise to revoke any credentials he may have for the remainder of the playoffs and beyond.

Murphy, you mean?

Kind of a glass houses situation for him to be blasting bloggers, is it not?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Murphy, you mean?

Kind of a glass houses situation for him to be blasting bloggers, is it not?

Yeah, Murph.

That's exactly what I just said. The guy with the hockey blog is blasting hockey bloggers.

You gotta be forty-seven different kinds of dense not to see the idiocy in this scenario. When his stuff gets retweeted onto my twitter timeline, I wanna stick a fork into my eyes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

well I find it pretty entertaining- I have to believe a friend who was there that said didn't happen- ******** and made up...why would Murphy and McKenna make stuff up...if you read McKenna's tweet it gives the impression it was multiple and not isolated- Murphy was back in the area so I would hope he could get into the game and didn't have to watch it over Sully's tap

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
murphy is the absolute worst

zip it up and zip it out

I never realized how many of these media guys dislike each other pretty amazing but I guess the competition is so tense it can lead to animosity and jealousy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Very much so. He's got an agenda and it's well past sad

what bothers me is McKenna and Murphy say they aren't rats and wont disclose who and its pretty obvious this was made up. disgusting. I'm not up on McKenna but the more things I hear about him or are brought to me I realize he's a Habs houseman.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
There's certainly a difference between Edwards (and whoever broadcasts for the Canadiens) and reporters for the Boston Globe or Montreal Gazette. I wouldn't expect broadcasters employed by the club to be coldly impartial.

Sometimes driving home late from work I catch ESPN's baseball highlights; they use local radio broadcasters' calls and you wouldn't believe how incredibly homerish some of them are. Not just getting excited over a game-winning homer (that's understandable, and warranted), but actively cheering. They sound like insane fans.

when this incident happened it was during a NBCSN game and Edwards was just up in the press box with all the writers and McKenna took a video of him and then apparently Edwards threatened his job or something so he deleted it.

the part of him threatening McKenna's job if he didn't delete the video seems fishy but I hate Edwards commentating so I like to believe it's true.

well I find it pretty entertaining- I have to believe a friend who was there that said didn't happen- ******** and made up...why would Murphy and McKenna make stuff up...if you read McKenna's tweet it gives the impression it was multiple and not isolated- Murphy was back in the area so I would hope he could get into the game and didn't have to watch it over Sully's tap

yeah McKenna's original tweet implied multiple and then in a later tweet just said something about a blonde woman. who knows.

amalie benjamin was a little angry with a female canadiens reporter that had blue and red painted finger nails so it's definitely on both sides

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
when this incident happened it was during a NBCSN game and Edwards was just up in the press box with all the writers and McKenna took a video of him and then apparently Edwards threatened his job or something so he deleted it.

the part of him threatening McKenna's job if he didn't delete the video seems fishy but I hate Edwards commentating so I like to believe it's true.

yeah McKenna's original tweet implied multiple and then in a later tweet just said something about a blonde woman. who knows.

amalie benjamin was a little angry with a female canadiens reporter that had blue and red painted finger nails so it's definitely on both sides

I thought Amalie said the woman had the Canadiens' logo on her nails? I didn't get the impression she was angry about it; nonplussed or even amused seems a better description.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Amalie said the woman had the Canadiens' logo on her nails? I didn't get the impression she was angry about it; nonplussed or even amused seems a better description.

So we are down to a singular woman who may be a Habs fan? Connor McKenna I read is a Habs radio reporter- apparently embellishment is not just an on ice thing with that organization.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So we are down to a singular woman who may be a Habs fan? Connor McKenna I read is a Habs radio reporter- apparently embellishment is not just an on ice thing with that organization.

He and Murph are attached at the hip since Murph moved to Montreal.

They both should have their credentials revoked after this. They crossed the professional line and will continue to do so to try and stay relevant. I am amazed at how many people cling to every word they say and take it as fact.

The only way they will be put in their place is if media outlets such as 98.5 stop inviting them on and calling them insiders. They are straight up full of hot air.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just remember this thread the next time someone laments media types like Murph "being driven out of here" by attack posts. The guy was a major league toolbag then, and he's even more insufferable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad