Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Becuase those players are not on Weegar’s level? If he wanted out. Different story.
GR, our media guy, also implied the story was false on other grounds: we weren’t shopping him like EF contended.

given that EF struck out big time on Ekblad, I don’t trust much that Inhear!

Reactions: harv33173

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
GR, our media guy, also implied the story was false on other grounds: we weren’t shopping him like EF contended.

given that EF struck out big time on Ekblad, I don’t trust much that Inhear!

EF is actually really good at this stuff usually. I listen to just about every 31 Thoughts podcast and he's right way more often than he's wrong. But he is a little spotty when it comes to the Panthers.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
EF is actually really good at this stuff usually. I listen to just about every 31 Thoughts podcast and he's right way more often than he's wrong. But he is a little spotty when it comes to the Panthers.
I thjnk he doesn’t have many connections in Florida so he tends to speculate based on other teams. I completely get it: we don’t really have any insiders now that Batting is retired!

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
What do you guys think of trading for Adam Henrique from Anaheim? His cap hit is bad at $5.825 per for three more seasons, but if we can get the Ducks to retain and send them Connolly in return I think he can be a good stopgap 2C until Lundell is ready and then slot in as 3C until his contract expires.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
What do you guys think of trading for Adam Henrique from Anaheim? His cap hit is bad at $5.825 per for three more seasons, but if we can get the Ducks to retain and send them Connolly in return I think he can be a good stopgap 2C until Lundell is ready and then slot in as 3C until his contract expires.

Pass, too much dead money for too long. If his contract expired this season, then sure, but if he doesn't rebound that would be ugly. I think Cons could be gotten rid of in other ways.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
He’s not a 2nd line center. He may not even be a 3rd line center anymore hard pass

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
He had 26 goals last year. I think he could bounce back on our team playing with Huberdeau on his wing.
Connolly had 19 goals last year. I think taking a gamble on Henrique would create more lineup issues, considering that we already have a productive 2C at less than half the cost.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

they would have to retain like 2 million and still take Connolly back for it to make sense so the cap hits are a wash.

I wouldn't be adding to this roster right now much anything at all, unless injuries. Maybe look at additional goal scoring at the TDL if neither Duke or Verhaege wake up by then.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bobby Ryan has a one million dollar contract so why not try to get him.
The way he’s playing right now, he’d get to pick where he wants to go... see the Lightning or Bruins grab him. Or Caps, they do well with vets.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I don't know about Tyler Johnson but one Patrik Laine would be great hahaha.
Yeah not likely because Laine is RFA this summer and Jarmo Kekalainen
will do everything what he could to keep Laine in Columbus.
I'm being totally facetious. I just happened to be reading here. Tyler Johnson at this point just isn't consistent enough to be anything but a rookie insulator a la Filppula or Namestnikov.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
We want hard working two way players, right? Laine is a one trick pony. I never liked his attitude either (even way before NHL)
He can be insulated in this lineup. One Laine has more benefits than problems. Plus Barky would be a great influence on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad