Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
OKdG401.png
Yeah playoffs. Florida has a 98% chance as of today. If Q and his squad somehow manage to mess that up, the nhl might as well relocate the franchise asap.
National Hockey League Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

Yeah Staal isn't exactly setting the world on fire. We got centers like that already. Makes no sense to add another one.

Reactions: Pigge

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I'm trying to even think what our 1 biggest need is that we can reasonably address at the deadline.

Assuming we can only improve 1:

Shutdown defenseman
Sniper on the wing
2way C who can win faceoffs

Am I missing anything?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I'm trying to even think what our 1 biggest need is that we can reasonably address at the deadline.

Assuming we can only improve 1:

Shutdown defenseman
Sniper on the wing
2way C who can win faceoffs

Am I missing anything?
I’d like to add someone who is a bit of a goon: we had no one to step up after Horny went down.

I think we could add Savard and another center (Glendening). I could also see us going for Hall.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I’d like to add someone who is a bit of a goon: we had no one to step up after Horny went down.

I think we could add Savard and another center (Glendening). I could also see us going for Hall.
We have three centers with 51+ FO%, and winning faceoffs has a very limited impact on the result of games. Do we really want to give up resources and then carry a player in the lineup just to bump up the chance of winning some important faceoff to 63%? I don't see it.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

I don’t remember what deal Hall has.... but just as a player, despite what some people say, he’s a difference maker. He’d be an upgrade on Hoff.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
We have three centers with 51+ FO%, and winning faceoffs has a very limited impact on the result of games. Do we really want to give up resources and then carry a player in the lineup just to bump up the chance of winning some important faceoff to 63%? I don't see it.
If we can relax Barky’s defensive responsibilities, yes: we overworked him.
I don’t remember what deal Hall has.... but just as a player, despite what some people say, he’s a difference maker. He’d be an upgrade on Hoff.
Expiring deal at 8M so it would take up half the deadline space: I agree about Hoff. What I liked about Hoff was that he could produce on third; I’d put Hall with Eetu and Tippett

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Zito needs to pull of another Matheson soon to save this season

Reactions: 5 Hole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad