Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition, Part II

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
There is far from consensus regarding Yandle. There are still plenty of fans that appreciate his contributions.
There's like 4 of you left cheering for this team AND supporting Yandle....

Give it up. The guy is a bum. My left nut could QB that PP better at this point. Probably wouldn't hand the team goals either.

There's a reason all the Tampa fans in the threads say "hope Yandle plays more!"

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
There's like 4 of you left cheering for this team AND supporting Yandle....

Give it up. The guy is a bum. My left nut could QB that PP better at this point. Probably wouldn't hand the team goals either.

There's a reason all the Tampa fans in the threads say "hope Yandle plays more!"
Why is it important to you that everyone has to hate Yandle?

Reactions: harv33173 and zeroG

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Why is it important to you that everyone has to hate Yandle?
It's not important at all, it just makes no logical sense for anyone to watch him play hockey on a regular basis and think he is a net positive to this team.

It's simply baffling, nothing more to it.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Can’t wait for the day that we’re free of Tallon contracts.

Did he make the trade for Yandle's rights and subsequently sign him or did that happen when he was moved to that other role?

We should be buying out the last year of Stralman's deal though for sure if we can't trade him.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Did he make the trade for Yandle's rights and subsequently sign him or did that happen when he was moved to that other role?

We should be buying out the last year of Stralman's deal though for sure if we can't trade him.
Yandle was a computer boy signing. The last 3 years were always going to be a struggle. Unfortunately his game has not aged the way Brian Campbell's did.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lundell to 3C will be the F upgrade for next season, whether it happens game 1 or game 50.
Sign Duclair/Bennett and the company to new deals and focus on adding more quality to defense.

No major moves outside getting rid of Yandle

Reactions: VIMMM and 5 Hole

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I don’t hate Yandle. I hate his hockey playing.

Hate the sin, not the sinner.
I'm 100% with you and I believe nobody on this board "hates" the person Yandle.

Can we not add him to our clowns of special teams assistants? This would keep him in the dressing room/on the bench and keeps him off the ice - Win/Win for everybody!

Or since we have a goalie excellence department, can we not found an entertainment excellence department with him as head? Or the Strategic Organization for Non-player Killer jokes - also called S.O.N.K.?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I'm 100% with you and I believe nobody on this board "hates" the person Yandle.

Can we not add him to our clowns of special teams assistants? This would keep him in the dressing room/on the bench and keeps him off the ice - Win/Win for everybody!

Or since we have a goalie excellence department, can we not found an entertainment excellence department with him as head? Or the Strategic Organization for Non-player Killer jokes - also called S.O.N.K.?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Has there been any talk at all in Florida about Ian Clark joining the organization to try to help out with Bobrovsky? There's been some speculation (nothing more than that) in Canuck land that that's his likely destination.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lundell to 3C will be the F upgrade for next season, whether it happens game 1 or game 50.
Sign Duclair/Bennett and the company to new deals and focus on adding more quality to defense.

No major moves outside getting rid of Yandle
Yandle cost to move depends on whether you value the cap space or the assets it takes to move him. $6.35 mill in cap hit but average of $5.2 mill in actual cash. If you are retaining or taking a contract back the price is lower as I think Yandle on the open market is around a low $2 mill cap hit so close to what retaining 50% of his deal.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Has there been any talk at all in Florida about Ian Clark joining the organization to try to help out with Bobrovsky? There's been some speculation (nothing more than that) in Canuck land that that's his likely destination.
Coached Luongo I suppose, anyone must be better than Robb Tallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad