Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition, Part II

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
Id be ok with trading for Getzlaf or Stepan at center; and Alex Edler or Mark Staal at the deadline. If Arizona is willing to trade, then Brassard and Hjalmarsson are ok too

Reactions: harv33173

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Id be ok with trading for Getzlaf or Stepan at center; and Alex Edler or Mark Staal at the deadline. If Arizona is willing to trade, then Brassard and Hjalmarsson are ok too
Pass on all of those guys. I guess you havent seen them play lately and Stepan is even out for the season

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Getzlaf vs Perry would an interesting side plot, but I doubt that’s gonna happen.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Gizmo 12688 said:
I'm trying to even think what our 1 biggest need is that we can reasonably address at the deadline.

Assuming we can only improve 1:

Shutdown defenseman
Sniper on the wing
2way C who can win faceoffs

Am I missing anything?

Definitely a player who can score goals and maybe also attract new fans. I would try to get Taylor Hall. There is only a small risk because his contract is ending but a huge opportunity to make the team stronger for the play-offs. Past few games have shown us that the roster isn't deep enough when key players get injured. Panthers aren't going to get any top pick in the '21 draft. Therefore I would even be willing to trade the 1st round pick if it's needed but at least the 2nd round pick should be available for strengthening the roster for play-offs.

It's a little bit worrying that Barkov keeps getting injured every season but fortunately Lundell is going to help next season.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Definitely a player who can score goals and maybe also attract new fans. I would try to get Taylor Hall. There is only a small risk because his contract is ending but a huge opportunity to make the team stronger for the play-offs. Past few games have shown us that the roster isn't deep enough when key players get injured. Panthers aren't going to get any top pick in the '21 draft. Therefore I would even be willing to trade the 1st round pick if it's needed but at least the 2nd round pick should be available for strengthening the roster for play-offs.

It's a little bit worrying that Barkov keeps getting injured every season but fortunately Lundell is going to help next season.
Bringing Hall in would also signal to Hubie that he’s got competition for the next big contract. That wouldn’t be a bad thing.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I am very open to trying Verhaeghe out as a top 6 center, but I'd to need to see like a dozen games of him succeeding at 2C before I'd be comfortable with making transactions that would depend on him holding down the fort at that position.
No interest in Hall. I've never been particularly impressed with him at all, and he looks absolutely f***ing awful in Buffalo right now. His stupidity and irresponsibility with the puck is a big reason why they lose. He's actually been worse than Skinner. Give me Palmieri before him, and I don't particularly like Palmieri either.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I am very open to trying Verhaeghe out as a top 6 center, but I'd to need to see like a dozen games of him succeeding at 2C before I'd be comfortable with making transactions that would depend on him holding down the fort at that position.
No interest in Hall. I've never been particularly impressed with him at all, and he looks absolutely f***ing awful in Buffalo right now. His stupidity and irresponsibility with the puck is a big reason why they lose. He's actually been worse than Skinner. Give me Palmieri before him, and I don't particularly like Palmieri either.

Agree 100%. Hall wouldn't do jack here, just a waste of assets.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere (it probably has), but Lundell's team plays its final game on 13 April. We still have thirteen more games after that. Any chance he'll be signed and get some minutes with us?
Sucks that he got covid. Hope that doesn't throw a wrench into anything with him. I know of several cases (both pro athletes and personal) where people who caught it weren't breathing at 100% for weeks.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You guys think verhaege will be a top 6 skater permanently? Does he look that good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad