Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition, Part II

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I think weegar is a better fit as a pair for Ekblad.

But I feel Jones would be a better 2RD than Weegar
Even if what you said was true, (it’s not imo). Weegar costs 3.3 aav for 2 more years. Jones is going to ask for 8 aav minimum. The cap still exists man.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Even if what you said was true, (it’s not imo). Weegar costs 3.3 aav for 2 more years. Jones is going to ask for 8 aav minimum. The cap still exists man.

Yeah I dont understand the Jones talk. Its just craziness. We need to re-sign Barkov, and after that the cap space will be tight for the next couple years.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
The priorities should be:
1. Get rid of Yandle
2. Barkov Extension
3. Get rid of Stralman

I imagine we lose Dreidger in the expansion draft

Zito probably needs to make some reclaimation D signings. One UFA and hope that a couple prospects step up

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The priorities should be:
1. Get rid of Yandle
2. Barkov Extension
3. Get rid of Stralman

I imagine we lose Dreidger in the expansion draft

Zito probably needs to make some reclaimation D signings. One UFA and hope that a couple prospects step up

Driedger is gone as a UFA, there's no losing him in the cards.

Yandle is the guy that needs to be moved. Stralman has a year left and it's not probably worth it to move him, he can still be good with limited icetime.

Other than that, call it a day. The turnover has to stop with this roster, we had 9 new forwards come in this year and half of our D core was new. As a comparison, Tampa had one new guy added in their bottom six Russ Colton (their own draftee) and one rental, Savard, on defense. Their continuity shows.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I mean they could potentially get jones. Yandle makes 6.35per for two more years. If they can get rid of him. Stralman and nuti combine for 8.7mil I believe, both only have one year left. And if zito can somehow pull off a miracle with bob even if salary coming back that saves some too. Horn also makes like 5.5per with only 2yrs left. Barkov’s raise would be 5mil approximately. If you can add a D like jones and make it work, you do if possible.

but that shouldn’t be the focus right now. Right now it’s Yandle, try if you can pull off something with bob (doubtful), maybe Stralman and nuti. Because it’ll cost assets to move those guys to begin with

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
I mean they could potentially get jones. Yandle makes 6.35per for two more years. If they can get rid of him. Stralman and nuti combine for 8.7mil I believe, both only have one year left. And if zito can somehow pull off a miracle with bob even if salary coming back that saves some too. Horn also makes like 5.5per with only 2yrs left. Barkov’s raise would be 5mil approximately. If you can add a D like jones and make it work, you do if possible.

but that shouldn’t be the focus right now. Right now it’s Yandle, try if you can pull off something with bob (doubtful), maybe Stralman and nuti. Because it’ll cost assets to move those guys to begin with

This team just played well against def. Champs. There’s no need to panic. There’s some capspace left and just a few guys in the lineup that needs to be resigned. Forsling and bennett are priorities.

It would be great to get rid of Bob, but that is unlikely. Losing Yandle is more likely. He’s also a bigger problem than Bob except the money.

Stralman might not be worth 5,5, but he played well in the po and Seattle might be willing to take him. Otherwise I don’t see the problem with kneeping him. Next season won’t be as intense and that’ll benefit him.

Potential d-pairs next season.
Forsling-Ekblad
Weegar-Stralman
Nuti-Gudas

Kierstad, Ludvig...

Nuti had some good games during the season and might grow with more games. Geting rid of Yandle is the key!

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Driedger is gone as a UFA, there's no losing him in the cards.

Yandle is the guy that needs to be moved. Stralman has a year left and it's not probably worth it to move him, he can still be good with limited icetime.

Other than that, call it a day. The turnover has to stop with this roster, we had 9 new forwards come in this year and half of our D core was new. As a comparison, Tampa had one new guy added in their bottom six Russ Colton (their own draftee) and one rental, Savard, on defense. Their continuity shows.

Agree 100% with this. Any other additions to the team can be internal (Deni, Hepo, Lundell, etc)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Winnipeg, Edmonton, Seattle, Philly, Caps, Dallas(not that they need him), Chicago.

He wont get winning from Edmonton, Seattle, Philly and Chicago. Caps have no cap space at all. They have 9 and still have to sign 4 other guys INCLUDING Ovechkin.

Dallas has a lot of spots to address. But he could go there as he is from Arlington

Winnipeg, you'd have to convince him to go there first lol. And they also are short on space with a lot of signings to do.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
26 year old with better tools (Seth Jones has much better skating than Weegar) cant improve with a better team and coaching?
so you want to give up a guy who is playing at a top pairing level and will get some Norris votes making 3.3 aav for a guy who is playing at a bottom pairing level and is going to demand 8+ aav for 7+ years?

That makes absolutely no sense man. Look, I can see taking a low cost gamble on Seth Jones to see if he can have a Sam Bennett type turn around, but to trade Weegar for him is absolutely insane.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
so you want to give up a guy who is playing at a top pairing level and will get some Norris votes making 3.3 aav for a guy who is playing at a bottom pairing level and is going to demand 8+ aav for 7+ years?

That makes absolutely no sense man. Look, I can see taking a low cost gamble on Seth Jones to see if he can have a Sam Bennett type turn around, but to trade Weegar for him is absolutely insane.

Never said I'd take him at 8+. Been pretty clear I'll only take him at a Yandle level deal.

Weegar played top pair level for one season and was pretty clearly exposed in the playoffs. Yes, a tough series can happen, but the book was clearly shown. I've seen the best Jones has shown vs so far what Weegar has shown to be his best, and Ill take Jones' best all day everyday.

And for the record, I pointed out during one of the games here that I felt Jones was playing pretty bad. But I am pretty ok disregarding this season. Torts wanted out before the season started and Columbus was a complete mess.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Never said I'd take him at 8+. Been pretty clear I'll only take him at a Yandle level deal.

Weegar played top pair level for one season and was pretty clearly exposed in the playoffs. Yes, a tough series can happen, but the book was clearly shown. I've seen the best Jones has shown vs so far what Weegar has shown to be his best, and Ill take Jones' best all day everyday.

And for the record, I pointed out during one of the games here that I felt Jones was playing pretty bad. But I am pretty ok disregarding this season. Torts wanted out before the season started and Columbus was a complete mess.
Great. Weegar was exposed by one of the fastest teams in the NHL. Good thing that Ekblad guy will be back to take that #1 D role from him.

And even at the Yandle deal, you are still making a huge gamble that Jones will return to his form of 2+ years ago AND giving up someone who is playing at a top pairing level for the cost of a #4 defenseman.

This is as knee jerk of a reaction as it gets.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Great. Weegar was exposed by one of the fastest teams in the NHL. Good thing that Ekblad guy will be back to take that #1 D role from him.

And even at the Yandle deal, you are still making a huge gamble that Jones will return to his form of 2+ years ago AND giving up someone who is playing at a top pairing level for the cost of a #4 defenseman.

This is as knee jerk of a reaction as it gets.

Knee jerk? Are you telling me a guy that is 26 year CANT return to his form? He hasnt even hit his prime yet! lol And gamble the other way, how do you know Weegar maintains this at an older age (slightly)? lol. Labeling Jones as a #4 is where we will disagree. He would be #2, or #3 at worst in Florida, assuming that Forsling maintains his play....also someone who had success for one year only.

In before cheaper price.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Knee jerk? Are you telling me a guy that is 26 year CANT return to his form? He hasnt even hit his prime yet! lol And gamble the other way, how do you know Weegar maintains this at an older age (slightly)? lol. Labeling Jones as a #4 is where we will disagree. He would be #2, or #3 at worst in Florida, assuming that Forsling maintains his play....also someone who had success for one year only.

In before cheaper price.

here he is compared to Tyler Myers who is a borderline bottom pairing defenseman. He’s been very bad the last few years. It’s a massive gamble expecting him to return to form. An even bigger gamble when you trade away Weegar to do it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

here he is compared to Tyler Myers who is a borderline bottom pairing defenseman. He’s been very bad the last few years. It’s a massive gamble expecting him to return to form. An even bigger gamble when you trade away Weegar to do it.

I've seen the charts.

I've also seen the coaching, the change in personnel, and the on ice games.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad