Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition, Part II

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I feel strongly that Zito will intervene, he now has credibility with the moves he’s made, guys he’s brought in. I think he’ll bring Sasha, Hubie & others in and talk to them and do what’s in the best interest of Winning!
Funny because Hornqvist has some experience with this. Kessel routinely played hurt and refused to sit when he was with Pittsburgh, and the Penguins decided to sell him for spare parts. Idk what Patric thought of the whole situation, but surely he would have input.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Agree.
Luongo was the captain without being allowed to wear a letter.
Gudbranson was always a mess, yet somehow Tallon convinced everybody he was the next captain.
Then Trocheck showed captain pedigree until he completely gave up.
Huby doesn't deserve the A without how undisciplined, hot-headed, and inconsistent he is.
Yandle should have never gotten an A in the first place.
The Barkov captaincy came completely out of nowhere.
Like many, I was at first skeptical about Barky being the C, but I think he’s proving doubters wrong there too. Guy just keeps improving... he probably IS an Android.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Tippett was benched with Lomberg and Luostarinen to finish the game.
I think he's done here. He's had chances all season and has done absolutely nothing except make a handful of nice backhand passes below the goal line and that week where he sniped a few.

He should be the offering to Seattle, along with a pick, so they take Stralman.

It's Denisenko, Hepo, and Lundell's time to show what they got.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I think he's done here. He's had chances all season and has done absolutely nothing except make a handful of nice backhand passes below the goal line and that week where he sniped a few.

Eh I think Tippett’s going to come back strong next year: he just needs to be a bit better

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Eh I think Tippett’s going to come back strong next year: he just needs to be a bit better
I'd agree with you if it weren't for our winger pipeline being clogged with Denisenko, Heponiemi, Noel, and also Lundell and Luostarinen if they aren't gonna be centers.

Tippett has had plenty of chances, and he's been a warm body. We need to offer something of value to Seattle, and he's the something that I nominate.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I'd agree with you if it weren't for our winger pipeline being clogged with Denisenko, Heponiemi, Noel, and also Lundell and Luostarinen if they aren't gonna be centers.

Tippett has had plenty of chances, and he's been a warm body. We need to offer something of value to Seattle, and he's the something that I nominate.
Lundell’s a center; we probably will have have a good bit of turnover this offseason. I’m guessing we lose Wennberg. Hornqvist isn’t a top six player anymore. Vatrano probably isn’t re signed. I don’t see us having both of Duke and Verhaege in 2022-2023. Long time!

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
That makes me sad.
Eh it’s what happens when you have a core: Barkov will get paid. I see us eventually moving Huby for Laine. I’m guessing Verhaege re signs but I’d expect our 2023 top six to be
Verhaege-Barkov-Laine
Denisenko-Lundell-Bennett
Sourdif-Smilanic-Tippett

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Giving up on a player after his rookie season, what could possibly go wrong.. :rolleyes:

Even if he doesn't reach his potential (which is possible, but way too early to give up on him), you need ELCs and bridge deals on the roster to make the money work.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
That makes me sad.

Vatrano will be re-signed for a similar deal/AAV that Scott Laughton signed couple of weeks ago. He's shares the Cats' second best goal scorer title with Verhaege, would be on pace for 28 goals in a normal season while having guys like LuoStar and Tippett as linemates.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Eh it’s what happens when you have a core: Barkov will get paid. I see us eventually moving Huby for Laine. I’m guessing Verhaege re signs but I’d expect our 2023 top six to be
Verhaege-Barkov-Laine
Denisenko-Lundell-Bennett
Sourdif-Smilanic-Tippett

Why? I would keep Huby over Laine. Laine had one good season, and yes he has a better shot then Huberdeau, but to me, Huberdeau does everything else better.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Why? I would keep Huby over Laine. Laine had one good season, and yes he has a better shot then Huberdeau, but to me, Huberdeau does everything else better.

Laine would make Barkov worse. He'd have to cover his ass all the time with his half assed "effort"

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Laine would make Barkov worse. He'd have to cover his ass all the time with his half assed "effort"

Since Huby wants out and Quenneville wants him out so all is evaluating the available options for Barkov. Quenneville mentioned a year ago that Huby's defense has to improve (e.g. not quitting on plays as soon as he loses the puck) and he has marvelously failed to do so, along with disappearing long stretches in the season.

Quenneville's impressions of Panthers' superstars Huberdeau & Barkov - Sportsnet.ca

Now that the 1PP unit isn't working and Q refuses to hand over the baton to the 2nd unit, Zito is forced to fix the PP via trades. Trade Huby to the Habs, acquire Laine or some other big name and save a few million in the process of building a better team.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Since Huby wants out and Quenneville wants him out so all is evaluating the available options for Barkov. Quenneville mentioned a year ago that Huby's defense has to improve (e.g. not quitting on plays as soon as he loses the puck) and he has marvelously failed to do so, along with disappearing long stretches in the season.

Quenneville's impressions of Panthers' superstars Huberdeau & Barkov - Sportsnet.ca

Now that the 1PP unit isn't working and Q refuses to hand over the baton to the 2nd unit, Zito is forced to fix the PP via trades. Trade Huby to the Habs, acquire Laine or some other big name and save a few million in the process of building a better team.
I am sure he said the same about P. Kane too...

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Wanna link where Huby said he wants out and Q wants him out?

Q wants Huby too play better defense. Laine is defensively a forward version of Yandle.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
[mod]

Q wants Huby too play better defense. Laine is defensively a forward version of Yandle.

Well, this season almost wrapped up and Hubs clearly doesn't want to take part in defensive assignments. Pretty easy task to trade Hubs for Zito if he believes that Q's vision for the product on the ice leads to big things. It maybe not be Laine coming back but it's definitely someone else than Hubs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
[mod]

Well, this season almost wrapped up and Hubs clearly doesn't want to take part in defensive assignments. Pretty easy task to trade Hubs for Zito if he believes that Q's vision for the product on the ice leads to big things. It maybe not be Laine coming back but it's definitely someone else than Hubs.

I take you'd follow Huby to his new team?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad