Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition, Part II

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just saw Yandle actually has a M-NTC on that final year. It is a 12 team No trade list....that means you can send him to 20 other teams.

If he doesnt waive this year, send him to the furthest city from Boston not on his M-NTC :laugh:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
We've gone through this many times already, buyout payday about 8M, actual money left 10.5M.

From a financial and cap perspective it makes more sense to just retain 50%, assuming someone wants Yandle.
If we can trade him at 50% retained that obviously be the preferred route. A buyout would only occur as a final option, as in he refuses to waive at all

Reactions: RogerRoger

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I think it should be a priority to keep Yandle around. We know some fans and media want a player to hate, and I think it's good for that player to be as cheery and lovable as possible so the hate won't become a distraction for the team. If we lose Yandle, someone else will be targeted and it may not be as easy to shrug off.

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
The cheapest option would be retain to Stralman so that Seattle could do a Columbus special and double retain him at deadline. Say 3M (3.5M), Stralman is a decent deal. Make an agreement that they take a prospect like Saarela and maybe add a draft pick on top
Stralman has clearly lost a step since besinning of the season. What if he’s having trouble with that double sports hernia he had a surgery for a couple of years back and he’ll go on ltir and end his career. That would open up for keeping both him and Yandle and buy out Yandle in 2022. Or trade Stralman to maybe Tampa, who’s in desperat need of capspace.

just a thought...

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Can we pay a player on another team to take a run a Yandle and maybe give him a minor injury. Just enough pain to miss a couple of games. I have a feeling if and when his iron man streak ends, Q will bench him. He just doesn't want to look like a shit and ruin a streak. (Just my two cents).

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think it should be a priority to keep Yandle around. We know some fans and media want a player to hate, and I think it's good for that player to be as cheery and lovable as possible so the hate won't become a distraction for the team. If we lose Yandle, someone else will be targeted and it may not be as easy to shrug off.
I hope this is a minority opinion, to be honest. One, because I think we should get rid of Yandle ASAP. Two, as a fan, I actually don’t “want” to hate Yandle or anyone else on the team, and I can read that other anti-Yandle posters here really don’t either. People are very concerned with his levels of play — that’s all.

Hating a person versus hating their contribution are actually two different things.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

This has to be the most obscure idea that I've heard why a player should be kept on a team lol.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Flyers bound to make big changes in their roster. Dunno if Zito can fleece Fletcher but anyhoo... their big name players are on the block. Looks like they are trying to usher in the next wave of younger players so it's not like that they are handcuffed with this current leadership group for the remainder of their contracts.

Voracek is a poor man's Huberdeau so that's a big no. Hayes is a $7mil (for an eternity) 45pts center so he's vastly overpaid. JVR has had a decent season so far, making that $7mil price tag easier to digest but still wouldn't pull the trigger on him.

So that basically leaves us with Giroux and Couturier.
G wants another chance at the playoffs? He has one year left at $8.275mil after this season, currently on par with 60pts/82games pace, then extend him with a similar deal that Pavelski has with Dallas. Verhaege-Barkov-Giroux? Tippett + Sourdif + 3rd for Giroux?
Couturier is probably gonna cost an arm 'n a leg so not going to bother with him...

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

https://www.sportsfanpanel.net/post...s-himself-wearing-a-montreal-canadiens-jersey

Asked if he ever wanted to play in a big hockey market, the 27-year-old allowed himself - for a few seconds - to imagine himself in the blue, white and red vest.
“You’re sure you’re wondering if you’re going to be able to play for Montreal. It's a beautiful city and that's where I come from. It has always been a dream to play for Montreal, ”explained the Saint-Jérôme native. Huberdeau quickly returned to reality, however. "But for now, I'm trying not to think about it. I'm in Florida and having fun there. I would really like to compete in a championship in Florida before I maybe go to Montreal. "​

So Huberdeau isn't going to re-sign with the Panthers even tho his groupies on this board think otherwise.

Huberdeau + Yandle + Lindmark for Andersson + Edmundson + Poehling.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If Huby said that he’s as good as gone and almost seems to have one foot out the door already. We’ll need to trade him his UFA year.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
If Huby said that he’s as good as gone and almost seems to have one foot out the door already. We’ll need to trade him his UFA year.
He said he'd like to play for the Cup in Florida before maybe going to Montreal, considering our history of success he's stuck here for ever :laugh:

Reactions: Sensators and KW

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don’t mind if we lose Huberdeau. He’s invisible way too often, then he’ll do something amazing to make you temporarily forget that. Just get something for him before he dips.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
« It’s always been a dream to play for Montreal ».

That’s what every player from Quebec will answer. Just to tell what the medias want to hear.

As a Quebecer myself, I can tell they always ask this stupid question to every player from Quebec. And they all give the same answer. Acting like they give a fu** about Montreal.

So I would take it with a grain of salt.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
« It’s always been a dream to play for Montreal ».

That’s what every player from Quebec will answer. Just to tell what the medias want to hear.

As a Quebecer myself, I can tell they always ask this stupid question to every player from Quebec. And they all give the same answer. Acting like they give a fu** about Montreal.

So I would take it with a grain of salt.
Hubie looked to be saying, yah I’ll come to Moreal when I’ve got a SC in FL, meaning at that point I’m all set or it’ll never happen. I.e. not winning it with you bozons.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011

Yea, the media pressure of Craig Minervini and Katie Gauss is too much for mentally fragile athletes to take...what with them probing about the Apple Pie eating contest held over the weekend instead of shit play on the ice

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Our leadership has always been wonky, but there's nothing we can do, this is the group we will live or die with.
Agree.
Luongo was the captain without being allowed to wear a letter.
Gudbranson was always a mess, yet somehow Tallon convinced everybody he was the next captain.
Then Trocheck showed captain pedigree until he completely gave up.
Huby doesn't deserve the A without how undisciplined, hot-headed, and inconsistent he is.
Yandle should have never gotten an A in the first place.
The Barkov captaincy came completely out of nowhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad