Official Prudential Center, surrounding area and season ticket thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
True about summer and they do have some shows that will draw well, WWE, Selena Gomez, Bieber, Demi Lovato.

But nothing for adults this summer which is a bummer.

Will they have a draft party this time or is that done for good?

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
There is no question that a NBA team would be great for the city and of course the nearby eateries and bars.

But for the Devils hockey team, it's better that there is not an NBA team.
Scheduling/ice.

And for DAE, the benefits of having open dates to book lucrative shows outweighs the guaranteed rent a NBA team would pay for 44 nights per season.
*Different story if the NBA team was owned of course

The key is that DAE has to start booking more big time shows.
The summer concert schedule is thin at the moment with no big name rock shows on the docket.

MLB would be perfect especially in the summer, but no way Yankees and Mets would allow a 3rd team in the area not without giving up a ton of money of territorial rights. But, it is great to see the dramatic difference between downtown Newark pre-Prudential Center to now. I don't even recognize some areas downtown whenever I want around daily.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The Isles and Flyers released their preseason schedules. The Devils are on both of them. Anyone have an idea of when they will release what that third game is?

9/26 vs Flyers
10/5 vs Isles

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Wow that seems early. Are those home games you list above? We don't usually have a Monday night preseason home game.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
I meant it was early for the games to be released. I'm sure the dates are correct.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Anyone snagging season tickets to the devils this year?

Wondering how they could be for re-sale value.....I know NJ has the 3rd highest cap space available, correct?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Anyone snagging season tickets to the devils this year?

Wondering how they could be for re-sale value.....I know NJ has the 3rd highest cap space available, correct?
What does cap space have to do with this?

I have season tickets for 5 years in the balcony. When I can't make a game I lose money during weekday games but even out or profit in weekend games or rivalry games.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I have season tickets for 5 years in the balcony. When I can't make a game I lose money during weekday games but even out or profit in weekend games or rivalry games.

My guess is, if we go spend $$ on UFA's we could be good, and thus sth's could make some $$$.

nickyb

May 5, 2004

Thinking they could gain more popularity if they make splashes via free agency.......:dunno:

nickyb

May 5, 2004

How do you usually make out at the end of the year profit-wise ??

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Anyone else have any feedback in regard to grabbing seasons and selling them ??

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Anyone else have any feedback in regard to grabbing seasons and selling them ??

This team is still rebuilding, you aren't going to make money. You would have to sell every game worth going to like the Rangers/Flyers/Islanders, big teams like the Blackhawks, and every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday game.

With the remaining 15-20 games left, you're going to take a loss trying to sell them, or be watching a lot of west coast and Canadian teams on weeknights.

You might eek out a tiny profit going down this road, if any.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
To be fair there are other benefits besides straight profit/loss to season tickets. I got free tickets to suites for two games cause of the season tickets this year as part of the rewards. Technically though everyone picks their own rewards now. And as with other things part of the whole profit/loss valuation depends on where you sit. If you have $30-35 seats in the 100's behind the net it could still be a reasonable price point. If you have the same prices up in the 200 corners, not so much.

And profit/loss also obviously depends on how many games you go to and which seats you try to sell. If you're going to sell only weekday games then you might be better off with the flex plan, a half-season plan or just buying on the secondary market. If you're only going on the weekdays on the other hand (and selling weekend games) you might be best served getting season tickets, flipping the weekend games and enjoying the full season benefits.

CertainShadeOfGreene

Oct 8, 2010
Westchester
The Isles and Flyers released their preseason schedules. The Devils are on both of them. Anyone have an idea of when they will release what that third game is?

9/26 vs Flyers
10/5 vs Isles

This was posted last night, hope it helps. Not sure if the West Point game is a "home" game, but I'd think so.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/hockey/devils-to-play-preseason-game-at-west-point-rink-1.1610155

The Devils' preseason schedule will include a game at West Point, N.Y.

The Panthers announced on Thursday they will face the Devils on Oct. 8 at 7:30 p.m. at Tate Rink on the U.S. Military Academy campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad