Official Prudential Center, surrounding area and season ticket thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This thread is for information regarding the Rock (policies, FAQ's, etc). This is NOT for selling tickets. You can find ticket sales here.

Info about the Prudential Center

FAQ's regarding the Prudential Center (including camera info)

PruCenter Food Menus

Club Seating Food Menus

Restaurant Info

Directions/Parking

Pre-Paid Parking

Mass Transit Info

Box Office Info

Seating Chart (Devils shoot twice towards the right - section 2-4)

3D Seating Chart

Official Newark Visitor's Guide

Local Watering Holes:
Hell's Kitchen
Market Street Grill
Sagres Bar & Grill
Edison Ale House
McGovern's Tavern
Taste Venue
Dinosaur BBQ
Mmm Bellos
Mercato Tomato Pie

Hotel Information:
Marriott Courtyard Hotel (outside Prudential Center)
Hilton Hotel in Newark
Robert Treat Hotel
Hampton Inn in Harrison
*The Prudential Center is not far from Newark Airport, so you can always find hotels near there as well.*

Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

The last Pru Center thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1742021

NEW: A link to the directory of the new food stands: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91981831&postcount=989
And a link to the menus of said food stands: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91133597&postcount=578
Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Of course I couldn't make today's open practice after all, cable issues bleh :P

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Anyone else have issues with their rep not responding to them in a timely manner? I emailed mine about wanting to buy some extra tickets this season early this week and haven't even gotten an email or phone call back still. I'm not gonna name names cause I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble here. I'm just annoyed that I have to hound them to give them more money and if I don't receive a phone call on Monday I may ask for a new rep.

peterrod16

Oct 25, 2008
I got to admit I had a great experience with my rep corey. He told me to text him when I got to my seat. I purchase a six game plan for myself. Then he said you get a free game on me two tickets. I picked Pittsburgh nov 14. Great customer service

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My rep is Thomas and he calls me back pretty quickly whenever I email. I'd like to believe there's a reason they sometimes have delays (new season can be chaotic) but I can understand the frustration as well. I will say I recommend calling instead of email especially for ticket purchases as they won't do them via email anyway.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I usually leave a voice mail because I can never get anyone who answers the phone so I usually do that plus send an email saying call me whenever. I also had called the Devils main line before September because I wanted to change my credit card info on the account and nobody even called me back.

I guess they just don't like me haha

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
So whats the deal with the Fire and Ice sections this season? They brought back the buffets?

Yes but they also shrunk the sections where you get access to it to the middle black seats, front 8 (or so) rows of the black seats on either side of the center section, and I believe the first 3 rows from the glass in all lower sections.

All other black seats will have somewhat-unlimited concessions passes where they can get concession food on the concourse every 15 minutes

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
Just received my 5 game buy back email.
I wish every team did this.
Every FST plan has dog games no one wants
Clever marketing.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Clever marketing.

For those who took advantage of the buyback program last year did they refund the tax or just the ticket price?

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Clever marketing.

Anyone know what the ST variable price per game is? One would think it is what is printed on the ticket, expect that adds up (across all 44 game) to a fair amount higher than what I actually paid.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
For those who took advantage of the buyback program last year did they refund the tax or just the ticket price?

I honestly don't remember ... I would think there would be State law on this. Since they (hope to) re-sell the ticket, they will presumably collect sales tax on this sale.

I would think that they have to refund the taxes as they have, in effect, provided a "refund" on "returned items"

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Anyone know what the ST variable price per game is? One would think it is what is printed on the ticket, expect that adds up (across all 44 game) to a fair amount higher than what I actually paid.

Never mind. My rep (who has been great, so I am ok with saying that it is Cori Younghans) sent me a chart that showed box office at st pricing for all games, tiers, etc. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how to upload it (but you should be able to get it from your rep ... or PM me and I can e-mail it).

Bottom line:

1) Price on ticket is box office price (taxes that are shown are in addition to the base price)
2) "Season ticket member cost is an arbitrary device that they used to back into something that allows one to back into the total season-ticket cost. Not only do different ticket price points have (significantly) different discounts to box office pricing (not surprising), but, within your personal price level, the discount for the different tiers of games varies dramatically by a fair amount (in may case, anywhere from 15-27%)

Warning for anyone who gets the chart: not suitable for those who are prone to seizures or vertigo

There are 19 different price points, and I am not sure I could figure out which seats went with a couple of them :)

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Personally I don't like the buyback program cause they only give you credit to next years renewals and it's non-refundable if you don't renew.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Personally I don't like the buyback program cause they only give you credit to next years renewals and it's non-refundable if you don't renew.

It's definitely done to keep you renewing. I see why they do it though cash back would be the more fan-friendly option. But for guys like you and me, just means a little less that we have to put down at next year's renewal.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
From a business perspective it is a clever incentive to bring you back to renew.
If ticket prices remain the same and you take advantage, your total nut next year will be less than this years.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's definitely done to keep you renewing. I see why they do it though cash back would be the more fan-friendly option. But for guys like you and me, just means a little less that we have to put down at next year's renewal.

Well technically we have to put down the exact same amount at renewal, we just get the credit back two months later and have to check our accounts constantly to make sure it gets there :P

And I don't get why the sth price chart is such a state secret you have to e-mail your rep for it, just put it up on the site for crying out loud. You'd think you want to entice people into becoming sth's by showing them how much they save per game.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
If you took advantage of the 3 game buyback last year, the amount you pay this year will be less than the individual ticket prices all added up.
BTW, Cori is my rep too. Very good.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Well technically we have to put down the exact same amount at renewal, we just get the credit back two months later and have to check our accounts constantly to make sure it gets there :P

And I don't get why the sth price chart is such a state secret you have to e-mail your rep for it, just put it up on the site for crying out loud. You'd think you want to entice people into becoming sth's by showing them how much they save per game.

Ah yes, how could I forget ;)

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Hey guys, I had a question about the Prudential Center and figured this was the place to ask. Has anyone had experience with the Goal Bar? Will I be able to sit down there and will the sight line be any good?

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Hey guys, I had a question about the Prudential Center and figured this was the place to ask. Has anyone had experience with the Goal Bar? Will I be able to sit down there and will the sight line be any good?

You won't be able to sit in the goal bar seating area without a ticket. They're strict about that. Unless the policy has changed over the off-season you can go to the bar itself without having a ticket to that specific area.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Goal bar has been converted from regular seats into semi-luxury boxes. Had season tickets there and loved it, but we were kicked out after last season.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Did you look at the new concession pass seats in the lower level?

The Goal Bar seats were great.

Yeah, looked at the concession pass seats, but they weren't worth it. The seats are still extremely expensive, and I don't eat concession food enough to take advantage of the unlimited food. Decided to go with the last row of section 21 (last seats before the clubs start).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad