Music: Official Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Emo/etc. Thread

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Thanks for introducing me to Moving Mountains, Central PA. I may have just bought their last two albums and have been looping them all day. They're more post-rock/indie than pop-punk/post-hardcore but still, awesome recommendation. :)

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
Nobody else posted any ATDI, so I guess it falls to me

I don't know if it was ever a very popular song, but Lopsided was always my favorite ATDI song.

I'm not really sure why. I just remember driving around with that playing in the summer during High School. I suppose that is a good enough reason.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Thanks for introducing me to Moving Mountains, Central PA. I may have just bought their last two albums and have been looping them all day. They're more post-rock/indie than pop-punk/post-hardcore but still, awesome recommendation. :)

no problem :) Yeah, I would probably classify them in the post rock genre, but they're close enough on this end of the spectrum to sneak into this thread. Plus, their Waves album is kinda heavy.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I don't know if it was ever a very popular song, but Lopsided was always my favorite ATDI song.

I'm not really sure why. I just remember driving around with that playing in the summer during High School. I suppose that is a good enough reason.

Transatlantic Foe was the song that made me realize Atdi was quite possibly the greatest band in the world.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
What the hell is post hardcore? Or you play hardcore or you don't.
Annoying hipsters trying to take possession of punk/hc, try harder!

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
What the hell is post hardcore? Or you play hardcore or you don't.
Annoying hipsters trying to take possession of punk/hc, try harder!

wut? there is nothing hipster about post hardcore.

Fugazi
At the Drive-In
These Arms are Snakes
Drive Like Jehu
Nation of Ulysses
Bear vs Shark
Blood Brothers

Those are just off the top of my head. Its just an off-shoot of hardcore, bands that play aggressive music but don't really sound like typical hardcore bands.

JCLiponfanboy*

Story of the Year, Rise Against, A Day To Remember, Greek Fire (2 SOTY members, but a little progressive music), Blink182, Greenday, Our Last Night (just discovered them a few weeks ago), Seether, Starset, Saosin, The Damned Thing.

I like this thread. Lets just post some youtube stuff n I'll find like 12 new bands I like hahah.

They are pretty damn good

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Can we put some skramz in here?

There is a hardcore/screamo/skramz thread buried on this forum somewhere, but I don't have a problem with adding that stuff to this thread. They're all connected genres.

Also, thanks for linking instead of embedding the vids, I'm going to start doing that too, this page is loading hella slow for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad