Music: Official Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Emo/etc. Thread

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Since we mentioned ATDI, we can throw out some Sparta too maybe? I always liked both bands a lot.

I'm not into genre-fying too much, but ATDI practically pioneered post-hardcore sound. By the end they were essentially a prog-rock take on it but you have to include them.

Other than their first album I don't think Sparta really counts.

I would add Thrice to the list if they haven't been mentioned. and maybe Poison the Well.

Really enjoyed this one, thanks for posting....

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm not into genre-fying too much, but ATDI practically pioneered post-hardcore sound. By the end they were essentially a prog-rock take on it but you have to include them.

Other than their first album I don't think Sparta really counts.

I would add Thrice to the list if they haven't been mentioned. and maybe Poison the Well.

Really enjoyed this one, thanks for posting....

Yeah, I don't really get too caught up in genre descriptions as long as it's somewhat close. I was actually at the beach today and Boys Night Out came up on my ipod, so I'm throwing them out there too.

Also, interestingly enough, XMU for their old school sessions yesterday was doing all old emo bands, mostly from the early 1990s.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Our Last Night is a band I just recently discovered. Great voice and just the right amount of roughness.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Cursive's great decay is a solid tune. I was a big Small Brown Bike fan, not sure if they've been mentioned in prior pages.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
TBS. Although I like some of their music, watching videos of them live or just even clips of them talking has always turned me off in a big way. No other band has annoyed me like them.

Also surprised that I haven't seen AFI mentioned yet.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Heh, Birdlaw stole my Boilermaker thunder! That's a great tune.

Cursive's great decay is a solid tune. I was a big Small Brown Bike fan, not sure if they've been mentioned in prior pages.

I love Small Brown Bike. Their newest album is so underrated. Cursive is another band that seems to get less and less popular with each release but IMO their catalog of music is consistently good.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Just got this baby in the mail on Friday. Haven't listened yet but one of my favourite, and I think classic "emo" records.

tumblr_n55ph0vKnA1rgojw1o1_1280.jpg

I have listened to this album, just not this vinyl.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Some awesome music I'm discovering in here - especially a lot of the classic stuff. Obviously with all the modern stuff I listen to, it's cool to see how they've been influenced so much. Keep it up, guys! :)

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
I'm going to the Taking Back Sunday / The Used show in September. I don't have any actual expectations, I just want to see them since I never got the chance in Jr. High when I was in to those bands.

Between today and yesterday I've been listening to La Dispute's Vancouver EP (which could honestly qualify as a full album in a lot of ways) and can't help but notice how much better it is than pretty much everything else they've released. I think I've listened to that EP like four times the last two days and I can't make the switch to the newer stuff after listening to it so much.

I love Small Brown Bike. Their newest album is so underrated. Cursive is another band that seems to get less and less popular with each release but IMO their catalog of music is consistently good.

I tried to get in to Cursive for a while and always just sort of sat on the fence about them. I saw them live when they opened for Brand New and I thought it was a pretty ****** performance. The first band that played (An Horse?) was slightly more entertaining, in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad