Music: Official Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Emo/etc. Thread

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Just got hooked on Spanish Love Songs' new album Brave Faces Everyone. If you like the Menzingers, they might be the closest comparable that I've heard.

I will say that they might be the first band I've listened to where I need to take breaks because their lyrics are so depressing. It's hard to really enjoy their music during a time like this.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Been going through a big emo/post-hardcore/pop-punk phase currently (typically my go-to genres amidst a couple others).

Thursday - Full Collapse. This album takes all that is angry and powerful yet trapped inside your head, and hits heavy. Paris in Flames is goddamned masterpiece.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I never really appreciated pop punk, but I've been getting into some Neck Deep and Trash Boat and it's hitting the spot.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Not sure if this has been mentioned here but a long-ago disbanded group called Texas is the Reason released a brilliant emo/midwest emo/post-hardcore album in 1996 called Do You Know Who You Are?

This is the title track and it can easily catch the ear of any listener not familiar with the genre. No lyrics needed for this song:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So I didn't know this until yesterday on the way to work, but rapper Machine Gun Kelly is coming out with a pop punk album. I've heard two of the songs from the album that is supposed to be releasing this Fall...and I'm really liking it. He's got Travis Barker doing drums for his songs as well.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
So I didn't know this until yesterday on the way to work, but rapper Machine Gun Kelly is coming out with a pop punk album. I've heard two of the songs from the album that is supposed to be releasing this Fall...and I'm really liking it. He's got Travis Barker doing drums for his songs as well.

This album rips. Never heard his earlier stuff, but going into the album with the expectations of Top 40 (or just mainstream, highly produced/polished music) meets punk rock, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the lyrics, catchy hooks and overall pretty good melodies. I just checked it out because Travis Barker drums on it and produced it, and a big reason it shreds on so many of the songs. He's currently the best drummer playing right now IMO (factoring in both technical proficiency and creativity, although I miss the sound of his gritty/dirty kit in the BoxCar Racer/Self-Titled era). 8/10 album on the first few impressions.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad