*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
First game, home team playing and look at all the empty seats. Pathetic. You wont see that in London next year ;)
Great win boys!!!!

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
First game, home team playing and look at all the empty seats. Pathetic. You wont see that in London next year ;)
Great win boys!!!!

The crowd had all the intensity of a Thursday night men's league game. Embarrassing. Really took away from the atmosphere you come to expect at the Memorial Cup.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Don't think it was the best we can play. We're going to need to turn it up a notch against Portland/Halifax.

But it was enough to win. Knights were the better team. Forecheck and physical play was working well for us. Griffith, I thought, had a real good game.

I'd like to see better defensive coverage. Saskatoon took too many shots in high percentage areas - good thing they missed.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
Don't think it was the best we can play. We're going to need to turn it up a notch against Portland/Halifax.

But it was enough to win. Knights were the better team. Forecheck and physical play was working well for us. Griffith, I thought, had a real good game.

I'd like to see better defensive coverage. Saskatoon took too many shots in high percentage areas - good thing they missed.

Yeah they did enough but the gaps were too big giving those snipes way too much time from the slots. Hally or Portland won't miss those.

But they are 1-0 and that's a good thing.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Great win boys!!!!

That's right you won't see that in London as the crowd was over 10,000 for last nights game. It is a 16,000 seat arena so it just looked kind of empty because of the lower bowl and the crowd didn't seem very enthusiastic. Big win last night hope the tourney gains momentum.

That's right you won't see that in London as the crowd was over 10,000 for last nights game. It is a 16,000 seat arena so it just looked kind of empty because of the lower bowl and the crowd didn't seem very enthusiastic. Big win last night hope the tourney gains momentum.
Check your stats...The Credit Union Centre seats 11000. There may have been 10000 tickets sold...but I guarantee there were only 7000 (if that) in attendance. They even commented on it before the game.

Credit Union Centre was opened in February of 1988 with a seating capacity of around 7,800. It was expanded to 11,300 for the World Junior Hockey Championships in 1990.

The full Memorial Cup schedule still has approx. 40% of the tickets available for the rest of the tournament when browsing availability for each game..

this is tonights game....sit anywhere you want

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/masterca...catid=9&tm_link=artist_msg-0_11004A37B1F68F08

Last edited:

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London

That was Griffith best game since the first week of the season.

Stolarz looked much better. Started shakey but settled in nicely.

Domi has thrown 2 hits in his CHL career and both ended badly for the players he hit. Both clean and I wonder when he's going to figure out throwing a hit is better then a 2 minute slash???

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Check your stats...The Credit Union Centre seats 11000. There may have been 10000 tickets sold...but I guarantee there were only 7000 (if that) in attendance. They even commented on it before the game.

Credit Union Centre was opened in February of 1988 with a seating capacity of around 7,800. It was expanded to 11,300 for the World Junior Hockey Championships in 1990.

The full Memorial Cup schedule still has approx. 40% of the tickets available for the rest of the tournament when browsing availability for each game..

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/masterca...catid=9&tm_link=artist_msg-0_11004A37B1F68F08

This is what I based the 16,000 seat arena on. Credit Union Centre (commonly referred to as the C.U.C. and originally Saskatchewan Place or SaskPlace) is an arena located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Situated near the city's northern entrance, the facility opened in February, 1988 with a seating capacity of around 7,800.[4] It was expanded to 11,330 for the World Junior Hockey Championships in 1990.[5] More additional permanent seating was added in 2008 and 2009. The current capacity is now 15,190 for hockey. [6] It is the home venue of the Saskatoon Blades hockey team and starting in 2012 is also home to the Saskatoon Sirens in the LFL Canada league.[7] . It must be a misprint or 10,000 is pretty close to 60% leaving 40% available.

KnightSpit

Oct 27, 2012
Knights vs. Blades and Memorial Cup

Nice win for London 3 to 2 over the Blades. I did not think it was going to be this close.

Hopefully the Knights still have enough gas in the tank from winning the OHL Cup to take the Memorial Cup. Horavt is a calss all by himself, can be used on the PP and PK.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax

If there was an arena in London that sat 25 000 it would sell out. Same with Hali, playoff tickets were gone in minuets. It is an embarrassment that they can't sell out the mem cup, especially a mem cup with these stars. Vancouver should host next time it is in the West, they will sell out for sure and are looking to be well on their way to building a competitive team

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
This is what I based the 16,000 seat arena on. Credit Union Centre (commonly referred to as the C.U.C. and originally Saskatchewan Place or SaskPlace) is an arena located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Situated near the city's northern entrance, the facility opened in February, 1988 with a seating capacity of around 7,800.[4] It was expanded to 11,330 for the World Junior Hockey Championships in 1990.[5] More additional permanent seating was added in 2008 and 2009. The current capacity is now 15,190 for hockey. [6] It is the home venue of the Saskatoon Blades hockey team and starting in 2012 is also home to the Saskatoon Sirens in the LFL Canada league.[7] . It must be a misprint or 10,000 is pretty close to 60% leaving 40% available.

This is correct, the Blades arena holds over 15k. There a lot of tickets given out to sponsorship partners and media but they often tend to stay in the lounges and press box instead of sitting in the arena.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Good start. Its all about getting the W.

Looking forward to tonight as a hockey fan and Monday/Tuesday as a Knights fan!

Atmosphere seems to be an issue according to posts and media write ups. Its one thing to fill a 4-5K arena with passionate fans after a lay off, another thing when its a huge building, 3/4 full and a huge layoff. Fans may have given up on the team? Not sure.

Ill go on record and say that wont be the case in London next year. Regardless of freebies handed out

Aela*

Can anyone tell me how much those commemorative jerseys are going for in SK. Looking to get 1 in London next year and I`m looking for a baseline, kinda.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The game worns are auctioned thru the week. Ending the day after tourney ends I believe. Not sure if knock offs will be avail

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Can anyone tell me how much those commemorative jerseys are going for in SK. Looking to get 1 in London next year and I`m looking for a baseline, kinda.

Expect to pay between $300-$1200 depending on which player it is. That's my estimate based on what the 2012 Memorial Cup game worns went for last year. Perhaps a commemorative jersey inflates the price.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
After watching game one and seeing 1/2 the rink empty..I think the CHL is happy London is hosting next year. That was pathetic.

Also the Sportsnet crew and media production have approached Branch and Hunters about...on the edge series in London.

I doubt they do what Sask did....too much exposure for Mark....more like 24/7 and edited like crazy.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

You need to do some math here are 2 scenarios for you

1. If what you say is true and the capacity is 11000 then the rumors of 40% of the tickets still remain that would put the attendance at about 6600.

2. Reality attendance (tickets sold) was over 10000 then 40% of the tickets didn't remain if capacity is 11000. Reality is capacity 15000.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If there was an arena in London that sat 25 000 it would sell out. Same with Hali, playoff tickets were gone in minuets. It is an embarrassment that they can't sell out the mem cup, especially a mem cup with these stars. Vancouver should host next time it is in the West, they will sell out for sure and are looking to be well on their way to building a competitive team

Considering game 2 of the OHL final in London didn't even sellout I have my doubts they would fill a 25000 seat arena.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I doubt London would fill a 25,000 seat arena, but 15,000 isn't out of the question.

BTW, thanks to the boys last night for the invite. Haha, that was entertaining! I'm craving Twister, though :laugh:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Considering game 2 of the OHL final in London didn't even sellout I have my doubts they would fill a 25000 seat arena.

How short were they? 100 or so? I'd guess it was game day release tickets that people were u sure were avail after being told they were sold out earlier in the week. The box office had a few hiccups this year.

25000 tough sell maybe. 15000 for home opener of the Cup.
No problem.

I think the long layoff hurt Saskatoon attendance as well.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
How short were they? 100 or so? I'd guess it was game day release tickets that people were u sure were avail after being told they were sold out earlier in the week. The box office had a few hiccups this year.

25000 tough sell maybe. 15000 for home opener of the Cup.
No problem.

I think the long layoff hurt Saskatoon attendance as well.

Medicine Hat did in the Blades. You just can't get knocked out that early and expect the fan base to stay ramped up. They did ok selling 9000 pre-Cup and hoped to sell in around 12000 if the Blades did their part.

The excitement for the hometown left in game four of rnd one and I doubt it comes back. If the Blades get it together and somehow begin to win into semi's the fans will come out.

But right now and last night it just wasn't there....no excitement at all.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I think the fans would be more amped after what happened. If my team loses out in the first round, despite expectations, I'm disappointed. I also know, though, that the Memorial Cup is right around the corner. I'm going to be fired up and eager to get going; show 'em what we can do.

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
Vancouver should host next time it is in the West, they will sell out for sure and are looking to be well on their way to building a competitive team

Why the love for Vancouver? I'm pretty sure that both Calgary and Edmonton would have outdrawn Vancouver by a considerable margin this past year...probably for the past couple.

Aela*

The game worns are auctioned thru the week. Ending the day after tourney ends I believe. Not sure if knock offs will be avail

yeah it ends on the 27th i believe, not sure if i want knockoffs, thanks for the info, not sure what jersey i'll want next year since i'd like to get it decently cheap, probably end up with someone like anderson although horvat might be my favorite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad