*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Anybody going to make the trip besides me! It would be nice to know what our strength will be.

Tempting! However, I'm leaving for Europe on May 27th (the day after the Final Game of the Memorial Cup)....a little too tight of a schedule!
I hope you enjoy the experience, and bring home the Cup! :yo:

Kelowna back in 05 I think brought a US goalie.
Toronto - The Canadian Hockey League announced today that permission has been granted to the Kelowna Rockets to add an emergency replacement goaltender to their roster for the MasterCard Memorial Cup which opens Saturday, May 21, 2005 in London, Ontario.

Mike Wall of Telkwa, B.C., a member of the Everett Silvertips, will be added to the WHL Champion Kelowna roster as an emergency replacement goaltender and will serve strictly in a back-up capacity to the Rockets current starter Kristofer Westblom. Wall will not be permitted to play unless an injury occurs to Westblom. The Memorial Cup Games Committee reserves the right, should Westblom suffer an injury, to have an independent medical examination performed before Wall is permitted to play.

Kelowna's regular starting goaltender, Derek Yeomans, was injured during the WHL Championship Series. Yeomans will travel with the Rockets to London and should he be medically cleared to play during the MasterCard Memorial Cup, he will be activated immediately and replace Wall on Kelowna's active roster

You can only add a goaltender if one of your current goaltenders is injured..I believe that is the rule.

and Ottawa brought these for goaltending help :laugh:

2011-12-08_00-02-47_983.jpg

Percyma

Oct 30, 2011
I seem to recall that the Cornwall Royals, who were then playing in the Quebec Major Junior A Hockey League, called upon Corrado Micalef of Sherbrooke as an emergency replacement and the Royals actually won the Memorial Cup with Micalef in net.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Fun little thought going for next year.... why don't we trade some of our spare parts and 2nd round picks galore for Ekblad???? :naughty::naughty:

Helps out our D next year :)

We would have a better chance trying to pry Darnell Nurse from the Soo in order to upgrade or defense

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Just a question to any London fans, with the announcement of the knights hosting the memorial cup, does it make mcCarron coming up to play there a sure thing? I'm sure whoever selects him in the nhl draft, would love for him to play for a memorial cup. As a bulls fan, we could really use the 2nd rounders to restock the cupboards. Thoughts? Oh by the way, if you guys hold on till december I'm sure Gaunce and or Zharkov will be up for grabs!

I think any moves made will hinge on McCarron reporting, and if Griffith and Broadhurst are returned for OA years.
The question is, after this year's playoffs played out, do the Knights go after a goalie?
And 2, do they need to replace Harrington and Hughes on the backend. I'm sure 1 d-man will need to be added. Could Werenski change his mind and contribute enough as a 16 old? Would Belleville consider trading Jordan Subban?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Tempting! However, I'm leaving for Europe on May 27th (the day after the Final Game of the Memorial Cup)....a little too tight of a schedule!
I hope you enjoy the experience, and bring home the Cup! :yo:

Better timing on the trip this year Neili :handclap:

Wasnt it Rome last year, but during the Cup?

Once is a learning experience, twice is a mistake :)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Kelowna's regular starting goaltender, Derek Yeomans, was injured during the WHL Championship Series. Yeomans will travel with the Rockets to London and should he be medically cleared to play during the MasterCard Memorial Cup, he will be activated immediately and replace Wall on Kelowna's active roster

You can only add a goaltender if one of your current goaltenders is injured..I believe that is the rule.

and Ottawa brought these for goaltending help :laugh:

2011-12-08_00-02-47_983.jpg

Aaagghh SkateGate lol. Every tourney has its side stories.

sbrug

Aug 30, 2012
Mike Vernon was MVP for the Portland Winterhawks 1983 team. Portland took advantage of that rule. But I don't remember where Vernon originally played. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a WHL only rule?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
To be fair all teams competing the Memorial Cup would have to have the same rules/ opportunities. SO it would have to be avail to all, no?

Way back, didnt Ottawa snag a London goalie for the Memorial Cup (Ive got Riggin on the mind but not going to look it up)

To be fair all teams competing the Memorial Cup would have to have the same rules/ opportunities. SO it would have to be avail to all, no?

Way back, didnt Ottawa snag a London goalie for the Memorial Cup (Ive got Riggin on the mind but not going to look it up)

Pat Riggin was that guy. He joined Ottawa for the 1977 Memorial Cup..and won top goalie honors in the tournament.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
When your host many player options suddenly come up and they start with NHL GM,s who know your gig already. London will be swamped with offers and should have no problem replacing Harry, Hughes, Ferry and anyone else. Mark will stack this team next year but I can almost guarantee there will be no TV. Series....Blades: on the edge series....not happening .

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Better timing on the trip this year Neili :handclap:

Wasnt it Rome last year, but during the Cup?

Once is a learning experience, twice is a mistake :)

Yes sir you are correct. Didn't like reading that text message in the wee hours of the morning!

Much better timing this year! See ya Friday "k"night!

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
Yes sir you are correct. Didn't like reading that text message in the wee hours of the morning!

Much better timing this year! See ya Friday "k"night!

What will you do in May 2014....book a room at Hilton in London to still have that travel feel. You cannot go to Europe next spring can you ?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
What will you do in May 2014....book a room at Hilton in London to still have that travel feel. You cannot go to Europe next spring can you ?

LOL!!! I plan to return next year, but I'll wait until the Memorial Cup tournament ends.
Just for the hell of it, I checked flights to Saskatoon...over $800 (Cdn., incl. taxes) on West Jet (that's London to Calgary, Calgary to Saskatoon). There's something odd or counter-intuitive about flying past your destination (Saskatoon) only to board a flight (Calgary) that will take you back to your desired destination (Saskatoon). I understand the reason why this happens. I suppose you could leave out of Hamilton, fly to Winnipeg, and then proceed to Saskatoon.
Bottom line: I'm watching the game on t.v. here!

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
LOL!!! I plan to return next year, but I'll wait until the Memorial Cup tournament ends.
Just for the hell of it, I checked flights to Saskatoon...over $800 (Cdn., incl. taxes) on West Jet (that's London to Calgary, Calgary to Saskatoon). There's something odd or counter-intuitive about flying past your destination (Saskatoon) only to board a flight (Calgary) that will take you back to your desired destination (Saskatoon). I understand the reason why this happens. I suppose you could leave out of Hamilton, fly to Winnipeg, and then proceed to Saskatoon.
Bottom line: I'm watching the game on t.v. here!

I was heading out to the Cup again and had planned to leave yesterday. But medical stuff came up 2 weeks back that derailed my silent plan cuz I told nobody...jinx stuff. Same thing as last spring when I decided to hit Shawi right after London looked locked in. If I was heading out yesterday I was driving to Saskatoon.....I would want my vehicle for the 8 days since rentals and flights are stupid money. Driving out to Sask is not bad and very easy scenic ride until you pass Winnipeg ....then fields.

Have a good Euro adventure there Clark Griswold....stay safe.

We will root the Knights on for ya Nellie.....follow twitter though.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Driving to the prairies isn't a bad time, as long as you know what you're getting into. From SW Ontario through about Chicago, it's scenic. Getting into Wisconsin, it's tough as it's all the same thing over-and-over again. Then you hit MN and it's better, for a bit. Minneapolis to about Fargo is tough (tedious). Once you hit Fargo, it's actually kind of entertaining from the "what the heck is THAT?" view. I've never seen land flatter than that. When Rayzor and I went (yeah, you read that right :laugh:) back in 2010, ND was something out of a movie. No hills, few trees, just...open space. Heck, even Bismark looked like a town that was just put there for no reason. I'm pretty sure there was a lake that was above land, too. Want to say Devil's Lake, ND? It wasn't until we got into northern parts of ND that we saw trees, some hills, and actual civilization, haha. Once you hit the border back to Canada (Manitoba), it's nothing but trees and rolling hills. You think you just left the Twilight Zone. In fact, I distinctly remember Rayzor filming me, as I'm driving, and I told the camera "830am, Central Standard Time, just north of Fargo. If you look closely to the left, you'll see the Rocky Mountains. See you all in Brandon!" :nod::amazed:

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
Driving to the prairies isn't a bad time, as long as you know what you're getting into. From SW Ontario through about Chicago, it's scenic. Getting into Wisconsin, it's tough as it's all the same thing over-and-over again. Then you hit MN and it's better, for a bit. Minneapolis to about Fargo is tough (tedious). Once you hit Fargo, it's actually kind of entertaining from the "what the heck is THAT?" view. I've never seen land flatter than that. When Rayzor and I went (yeah, you read that right :laugh:) back in 2010, ND was something out of a movie. No hills, few trees, just...open space. Heck, even Bismark looked like a town that was just put there for no reason. I'm pretty sure there was a lake that was above land, too. Want to say Devil's Lake, ND? It wasn't until we got into northern parts of ND that we saw trees, some hills, and actual civilization, haha. Once you hit the border back to Canada (Manitoba), it's nothing but trees and rolling hills. You think you just left the Twilight Zone. In fact, I distinctly remember Rayzor filming me, as I'm driving, and I told the camera "830am, Central Standard Time, just north of Fargo. If you look closely to the left, you'll see the Rocky Mountains. See you all in Brandon!" :nod::amazed:

The Dakota's are very painfullly boring travel and one reason I sometimes go the north route. Time seems to go faster driving in Canada out thru T-Bay to Kenora then head for the yellow head route up to Yorkton, Saskatoon. I was also planning on heading back south after the Cup over to Alberta and drop into Montana then down to Yellowstone. I love going down through there then drive I-80 back.

Brandon is a little easier trek than the further 10 hours up yellow head to Saskatoon.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Let's hook up for some Memorial Cup games. We tried this last year and only a few showed. Let's take over some London hotspot for a Memorial Cup game.

We're looking at Friday night right now for the 1st game...either Tiger Jack's or The Rocks on King

Tiger Jacks it is. A table under a big screen has been reserved for 7pm (under Rob or Unlearn) Any locals on here looking for somewhere to catch the game join us. A few posters from here and elsewhere will be there.

Cmon 8!

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Tiger Jacks it is. A table under a big screen has been reserved for 7pm (under Rob or Unlearn) Any locals on here looking for somewhere to catch the game join us. A few posters from here and elsewhere will be there.

Cmon 8!

Love to be there, but I'll be at Greenhills golf and country club using up some tab money for drinks and wings. I'd like to hook up for another night, so keep posting the info!
GO KNIGHTS GO!!! :yo:

Aela*

Alright boys lets go. We play to our potential and we got this. We've had to deal with hot goalies before and we can do it again.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Nicholls is good, amazing that a knee injury scared Brian Burke to let his draft claim on him expire. Might be a decent NHLer one day.
Love that Stolarz is in net. I dont think Patrerson having he flu influenced that, I think he was the choice regardless.
Why is our powerplay so darn inneffective? Wish we had a massive body to put in front of the net.
I know we arent a big team, but I really think we are most effective when we are extremely physical. The frustration combined with our talent leads to powerplays...which doesnt guarantee success but it gives you a penalty ratio like you see to tonight.
Hope we can hang onto this one! I see it as a must win. Reason for that, if we win it, we could still lose Monday, Tuesday and end up playing Saskatoon again in a playdown (as they will not beat the other two teams) for the right to go to the semi's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad