*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Broadhurst and Bo got em back to even but the knights couldn't get that go ahead goal.
Domi and Bo combine on as nice a goal as well see in this tourney.
Huge save off Grif by carruth. Got that leg out while facing the endboards.
The next two games set up the single elimination portion of this tourney.
We've seen teams in a tie break game win this tourney recently, so it's not over for any1 even with a L in one of the two games.
Knights showed they can bounce back vs. the Colts. Would be nice to get that type response tonight.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Hey Knights fans.. I know your still playing but I have a question about next year! Who do you guys see being moved in the offseason from the forward group? You have alot of returning forwards + adding minutes to guys like Marner, McDonald etc.

Was wondering if you guys think there is a chance guys like Pawley, Platzer or Jammes get moved this off-season? Let me know what ya think!

Thanks

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Stolarz is struggling now from my perspective. Id pull him and go with Patterson now. That 3rd goal by Rattie is the type to deflate your team. The commentators were raving about how Rattie scored a great goal. The goal was terrible. Stolarz was over-playing it, lost his patience and panic set in. Rattie was patient and Stolarz was a fish out of water, flopping around.

On the flip side, that Horvat goal was really nice. Domi did not have to go stick through his legs though. It was a tad risky and if that didnt work out, the coach would have been ANGRY. It worked out yes but in my eyes just keep it simple. Id like to see London win the Mem cup. Horvat does all those little things right, chipping pucks in, always back on D, great on the draws. He is a smart hockey player.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Hey Knights fans.. I know your still playing but I have a question about next year! Who do you guys see being moved in the offseason from the forward group? You have alot of returning forwards + adding minutes to guys like Marner, McDonald etc.

Was wondering if you guys think there is a chance guys like Pawley, Platzer or Jammes get moved this off-season? Let me know what ya think!

Thanks

Mark has picks he can move and depth on F. Wouldn't surprise me to see a. Body or two get moved in package deals for top end D or two as well as a top line F. Grif and Broadhurst may or may not be back.
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a couple youngins get moved.
Only so much room up front, and they're still working on McCarron as well.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Stolarz is struggling now from my perspective. Id pull him and go with Patterson now. That 3rd goal by Rattie is the type to deflate your team. The commentators were raving about how Rattie scored a great goal. The goal was terrible. Stolarz was over-playing it, lost his patience and panic set in. Rattie was patient and Stolarz was a fish out of water, flopping around.

On the flip side, that Horvat goal was really nice. Domi did not have to go stick through his legs though. It was a tad risky and if that didnt work out, the coach would have been ANGRY. It worked out yes but in my eyes just keep it simple. Id like to see London win the Mem cup. Horvat does all those little things right, chipping pucks in, always back on D, great on the draws. He is a smart hockey player.

A couple posts back I spoke of Stolarz and his struggles. I agree with your 'over-playing it' statement. As posted, Patterson starts tonight.
I very much disagree though with your statement on Domi. He did have to do that to execute it....back hand saucer passes are harder to pull off then what he did. If you played hockey, I encourage you to try both and you will be surprised at how easy it is to pull of the between the legs move. Backhand sauce....not so much.
Your back on the right track with Horvat though...he is awesome. If you agree with the statement that the draft is a crap shoot, and top ten picks dont always pan out, then you will have a tough time debating this statement - everyone who passes on Horvat in the draft will regret it (minus the two teams that get Mackinnon and Drouin). We will revisit this draft in 5 years and think wow, Horvat went where in the draft!? (it wont even be that far along ie: 8th, 11th), but he is a special player, top 3 in my eyes.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens

Thanks

I would not trade Platzer if I was running the show. Given the minutes, he is a beauty. I would however trade Pawley and Jammes. Pawley could get something decent in return, Jammes might fetch you a water bottle...unless he has improved, but i really dont see enough desire in his game or ability for that matter.
I could see Marner, McDonald and McCarron in our lineup next year.
Griffith in the AHL would be hilarious....he has no clue how to play defence or positional hockey. He should be back, but probably wont. Broadhurst I could see moving on.....Domi and Horvat will be back I think. I can't see a team rushing either of them. Next year will be a very integral part of their development.

Seabass42

Nov 2, 2010
Cambridge, Ont.
Just thought I would point out how hands-down this Mem Cup (and the last one, for that matter) would be for the Knights if not for the tragic loss of Ian Jenkins. It's never too late to remember him, and his promise as a hockey player. God bless him. For those who never saw him play, he was a sure bet in every way.

Just thought I would point out how hands-down this Mem Cup (and the last one, for that matter) would be for the Knights if not for the tragic loss of Ian Jenkins. It's never too late to remember him, and his promise as a hockey player. God bless him. For those who never saw him play, he was a sure bet in every way.
I'll never forget him..and I never met him or saw him play. Thanks for the kind words. HAP always.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I'll never forget him..and I never met him or saw him play. Thanks for the kind words. HAP always.

I did get a chance at the WFCU Centre to meet him prior to being drafted by
the Knights and was impressed by his maturity,left an impression for sure,truly tragic
that he passed away at such a tender age

tie breakers

After four games of the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup round-robin all four competing teams have identical 1-1 records.

This season marks the second time in tournament history and second straight event where this has occurred.

Here are the four scenarios for the final standings based on the potential outcomes of both Tuesday night's game between the Halifax Mooseheads and the London Knights, as well as Wednesday's game between the Portland Winterhawks and the Saskatoon Blades.

The first tie-breaker used to determine placement in the standings is the result of head-to-head competition during the round-robin.

Scenario 1: (London and Portland win)

If London beats Halifax, and Portland beats Saskatoon, then Portland will play in the Championship Final on Sunday with London earning a spot in the Semi-Finals on Friday. Thursday's Tie-Breaker game would feature Saskatoon as the home team against Halifax.

Scenario 2: (Halifax and Saskatoon win)

If Halifax beats London, and Saskatoon beats Portland, then Saskatoon will play in the Championship Final on Sunday with Halifax earning a spot in the Semi-Finals on Friday. Thursday's Tie-Breaker game would feature Portland as the home team against London.

Scenario 3: (London and Saskatoon win)

If London beats Halifax, and Saskatoon beats Portland, then London will play in the Championship Final on Sunday with Saskatoon earning a spot in the Semi-Finals on Friday. Thursday's Tie-Breaker game would feature Halifax as the home team against Portland.

Scenario 4: (Halifax and Portland win)

If Halifax beats London, and Portland beats Saskatoon, then Halifax will play in the Championship Final on Sunday with Portland earning a spot in the Semi-Finals on Friday. Thursday's Tie-Breaker game would feature London as the home team against Saskatoon.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
One thing I will say I won't blame Stolarz on the Rattie toe drag. Lay all the blame on Tierney. From the give away to the back check that led to bumping into Stolarz and taking him away from his initial position leaving him to scramble.

Rolling 4 lines got them to where they are. Right now they need to continue it.

Sefton out is bonus and much needed. Liberati can help give some guys a break with the odd PP shift. Ferry hasn't played well in these playoffs up front and having him back on D leads to a few more shifts for the top 4 to rest.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Did they forget that there was a game tonight? 5-0 Halifax. In 19 minutes.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Bottom line was... London was flat. Still, felt like everything was going in.

Really disappointed right now. If they kept it to 2 or 3, they could have came back. No coming back from this.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Halifax will keep playing to. They don't sit back and feel bad for there opponent. London's not careful we could see a 10 spot.

KnightRanger

Dec 30, 2009
Waterloo
Is to late to bring back the other Patterson????

I hope both these guys are not in next years plans!!!!

You can't win the Mem Cup without good goaltending!

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
Halifax will keep playing to. They don't sit back and feel bad for there opponent. London's not careful we could see a 10 spot.

This is the real Mooseheads team showing up tonight. Angry and refocused after being caught napping on Sunday night they're locked and loaded now.

Aela*

Most emarassing game i've ever seen including the Sarnia one.

Mark in.
Dale out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad