*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
So its probably safe to say with 9minutes left 4-1 Winterhawks, our Knights are playing Saskatoon in the tiebreak game tomorrow. 3game win streak anyone?
Hope so, but wow what a mountain to climb. One game at a time, starting tomorrow...we beat em once, do it again get some confidence back...question is, who the heck do you put in net? Does Hunter stick with 'his guy', the one he rode into and during the playoffs? You betcha. Stolarz starts........heres hoping he finishes ;)

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
And 4X what they are in Saskatoon this year. :help:

Man, you guys love to complain. Tell ya what, buy a package and if the Knights make the Final you can probably recoup the money by scalping your tickets. :sarcasm:
If London had 15000 packages to sell, I'm pretty sure they would sell them all. People will pay those prices because the demand is there. It's still only the price for a pair to one lousy Leafs playoff game.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Knights vs The Toon.

I don't know what to expect. In short tournaments like these, the rematch often produces a different winner than before.

Don't care who we start. Just please... give us a chance to win.

Not totally sure that the 9-2 loss will give us the motivational effect that Ryan Pyette thinks. I think it might be more of a confidence crippler.

But London is London. They're here because they were the best the OHL has to offer. I don't know if the Knights are the best in the CHL, but they can still do this thing.

I'm going to say 4-3 London in a bit of a snoozer.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Man, you guys love to complain. Tell ya what, buy a package and if the Knights make the Final you can probably recoup the money by scalping your tickets. :sarcasm:
If London had 15000 packages to sell, I'm pretty sure they would sell them all. People will pay those prices because the demand is there. It's still only the price for a pair to one lousy Leafs playoff game.

I got four tickets and couldnt be happier. I dont care about the price, after '05 its still the greatest sporting experience of my life. Could recoup some costs by selling some (i have 6 other tickets too), but will probably sell them to friends so they can enjoy the experience.

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta

If you're using the Leafs as your comparison for value entertainment, I think we have differing views of the world. As for buying the entire package, it's difficult to commit to 10 days when you have to travel. I'm five hours away this year, and ended up gifting some tix. A weekend is certainly possible, but it doesn't look like singles will be available next year.

You can call it complaining if you like, I couldn't care less. The facts are what the facts are, a 400% increase year over year.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
My heart wants you guys to lose tomorrow... but a part of me wants Saskatoon gone from the tournament.

Dont be surprised if the Knights beat toontown again, and then steal a game against the 'hawks in a penalty filled affair to bring a rematch for the final to which is a toss up...a toss up that has a two sided coin that both say Mooseheads ;)

poisonivy

05, 12, 13 Champs
May 18, 2013
If any team can win against all three teams in 4 days, it is London. I can think of several sticky situations over the years and more times than not, London is able to pull rabbits out of their hats. Should be some good hockey to see. Don't sell these guys short. They can do it, they only have to convince themselves they can and that is where it starts. I am putting my money on the Knights.

Oh I'm not selling them short. I think they can do it. But I also think Halifax and Portland are the creams of the crop. Hell, Saskatoon can easily win tomorrow. Anyway, win or lose, London's had a great two year run and will make it a three year run next year when they load up.

Aela*

At this point I just want a win against Halifax. Would love if Domi and Horvat dropped the gloves against the big two.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
At this point I just want a win against Halifax. Would love if Domi and Horvat dropped the gloves against the big two.

Now this post actually has more relevance than you think....cuz, there is about as much of a chance of London beating Halifax, as there is Domi dropping the gloves, with anyone!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Both teams facing elimination, the first of the tourney for any team.
London should be a bit more rested having an off day Wed and not showing up Tuesday :)
I really hope they come out hard and not passive, get a lead hoping to deflate the Toon. But theyll have the home crowd behind them trying to give some energy. They wont go away quietly.

Id shuffle the lines up a bit as well if everyones healthy enough to contribute.
Bos with the Rups
Tierney/ Anderson/ Elie (just a hunch but Welys a fit as well)
Grif/ Domi/ Broahurst- only if we got last change
Id like to see Elie, Platz and Wely rotated thru the lines on a reg basis instead of playing the 4th line limited shifts. gives guys a rest and I think it may add a spark.
We need Stolarz to have a good game, hopefully matching Makarov.

Get a nice 3/4 goal lead and just cruise to the W, just like the Barrie and Ply series :laugh: :laugh:

One at a time obviously, and I think they get over tonight. ( but wont be surprised if they dont)

See yall for the pregame chatter for Fridays rematch with the Hawks :)

Last edited:

Aela*

Now this post actually has more relevance than you think....cuz, there is about as much of a chance of London beating Halifax, as there is Domi dropping the gloves, with anyone!

Yeah no kidding eh. I'd say there's a higher chance of London beating Halifax though.

I'm not sure that's accurate. I believe a large portion of the seating disparity between the two rinks is that the JLC doesn't have as many seats down at the one end. Also, there are roughly 700 seats per row at the Credit Union Centre, so even if you factor out the one end, you're still talking about 9 rows difference, so you're talking "Yellow" as the comparable on the affordable end.
The comparison is proximately to the playing surface. I would think the Yellow package in Saskatoon would be mid upper bowl..which would equate to higher than the top row at the Bud..

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Patterson gets the nod today. For some odd reason I dont have the same confidence in our goaltending that I had the first three rounds of the O playoffs :laugh:

It is what it is, so the TEAM will have to pick up their play.

Get back to the lil things, paying the price, being positionally sound, doing the dirty work that wont show up in the highlight reels or scoresheets.

Hopefully theres enough gas in the tank to get past this Sask squad thatll be missing a Dman (Thrower) and played a tough game for two and bit periods yesterday before easing up.

Worry bout Friday after the game. Gotta leave it all on the ice tonight

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Patterson gets the nod today. For some odd reason I dont have the same confidence in our goaltending that I had the first three rounds of the O playoffs :laugh:

It is what it is, so the TEAM will have to pick up their play.

Get back to the lil things, paying the price, being positionally sound, doing the dirty work that wont show up in the highlight reels or scoresheets.

Hopefully theres enough gas in the tank to get past this Sask squad thatll be missing a Dman (Thrower) and played a tough game for two and bit periods yesterday before easing up.

Worry bout Friday after the game. Gotta leave it all on the ice tonight

Patterson starts eh...interesting. I guess at this point it really doesn't matter. Neither have been stellar, but bottom line the players have to be MUCH better.
I hope they play extremely physical and we see an all out war...for the next 3 games :nod:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Knights vs Saskatoon: Patterson/Makarov in net.. Sefton, Liberati, Pawley, MacDonald, Jammes out for Ldn.. Thrower, Astles out for Sask #OHL

Paxton Leroux dresses

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Slew foot on Harrington, spear to the nuts of Rupert, ni calls. They dive we get called.
Nice shortie on the PK penalty shot though by Bo :)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm not a fan of the type of penalty Leroux took but it was the turning point. The knights owned that double minor. And they never looked back.
Rups back together.
Elie n Platz lots of ice, even early they got shifts.
Team D solid, but Sask didnt seem to have much push.
Lol Ferlamd waiting til 6-0 to try and drop em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad