*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to agree,I didn't realize he had this much going on and thought it was only minor surgeory. Hope he recovers I'm sure it must be hard to deal with.
I'm certain he'll recover just fine...but I'd be willing to wager he never plays competitive sports again. I had my competitive hockey career snuffed out at 18 with knee and shoulder problems. Doctor just told me point blank..."I can't help ya if you keep playing...you're doing irreversible damage". That was enough.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Congratulations to London Knight Alumni, The Kadri Cream Egg on his first National Hockey League hat trick tonight!

hockeylegend11 said:
Bilcke was credited with 9 hits in his 1st game back vs Erie,has not fought in the 3 games back and has had at least 3 scoring chances in that stretch,whhile he will never considered a scorer he is contributing,playing a reg shift,due mainly to roster shortage and
does not take unsportsmanlike penalties and misc like Leroux
Ya...good thing Windsor has a disciplined player like Bilcke who NEVER takes penalties that cost his team in close games.:sarcasm:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Ya...good thing Windsor has a disciplined player like Bilcke who NEVER takes penalties that cost his team in close games.:sarcasm:

Bad call in a 3-2 game,Broadhurst dressed it up nicely,of course I know Knights fans

wont agree,spoke to a former OHL ref at the time,said he would not have made that

call either at that time in the game,so that works for me

Officiating did not cost Windsor the game,a lucky third goal did,bad break on a clear

hits stick right to a Knights player

Except for a bad ist period nice comeback in the 2nd,for a team missing 7 players

the result was predictable,especiallly when the other team only has 3 out

Btw nice call on Vail to give them 2 man adv in the 2nd, good thing Knights did

not score there

sbrug

Aug 30, 2012
Bad call in a 3-2 game,Broadhurst dressed it up nicely,of course I know Knights fans

wont agree,spoke to a former OHL ref at the time,said he would not have made that
Officiating did not cost Windsor the game,a lucky third goal did,bad break on a clear

Except for a bad ist period nice comeback in the 2nd,for a team missing 7 players

not score there

If you have a replay, watch Bilcke. He went up to make body contact with Broadhurst and then got his gloves in his face. Though it was a typical roughing call.

The Vail interference call was correct too. It was the same thing Zadorov was called on in the first period.

PPs were even if you take away the delay of game minor for Windsor but continue with the conspiracies.

I could be wrong but Ebert caught Anderson with a headshot in the first, looked like his feet left the ice, went uncalled of course. Curious if anyone was able to see a replay of that.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Another W puts the Knights that much closer to home ice thru the POs. The conf seems to be wrapped up with the Bulls still 8 back, and a game in hand.

Stolarz played again and is settling in nicely. The Knights threw a blanket over the Spits in the first, Spits played well in the 2nd, and the Knights came out in third hard to grab the early lead and closed it out.

Guess which teams tough guy takes the untimely penalty :)

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If you have a replay, watch Bilcke. He went up to make body contact with Broadhurst and then got his gloves in his face. Though it was a typical roughing call.

The Vail interference call was correct too. It was the same thing Zadorov was called on in the first period.

PPs were even if you take away the delay of game minor for Windsor but continue with the conspiracies.

I could be wrong but Ebert caught Anderson with a headshot in the first, looked like his feet left the ice, went uncalled of course. Curious if anyone was able to see a replay of that.

Not surprised u would disagree about the Bilcke and Vail calls,u are a London fan expected nothing less,which is why I took the word of the former ref,because I can be bias too, like he said u dont call a penalty early on a pp to make it 5-3 unless its
obvious,Vails was not obvious,MUrphy"s was the wrong call it hit something on the way out we all heard
I wonr discuss the Bilcke one further nice dress up by Boroadhurst
Like I said officiating did not cause the Spits loss,the lucky goal by Broadhurst did in the end,the 4th goal result of questionable penalty in a 1 goal game was the finisher
Congrats to the Knights for beating a team with 7 guys out,did what they were expected to do

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
With the exception of Ottawa, it seems as though London looks disinterested when they play the weaker teams in the league, most notably Erie and Windsor. Both of these teams have beaten us twice. The same can be said of our season series with Kingston and Peterborough--we won all 4 games but it was uninspired hockey. For any fans of Erie, Windsor, Kingston, and Peterborough who think that a close season series means that "we know that we can at least compete with the Knights", and that the talent level is comparable better ask themselves 'why are you where you are in the standings and why is London where they are in the standings?'

We don't seem to have a problem (most nights) showing up for the higher ranked teams. London coasts far too often.

As for last night's game, what can you say?
It didn't turn into a slugfest. You didn't see either team trying to take liberties with the opposition. No interest in 'gooning it up' by either team.
I was watching LeRoux (albeit on t.v. and it wasn't HD!) and I saw no evidence that he was on a mission to fight. There's no way that you could look at either Leroux or Bilcke (or anyone else) or either bench for that matter, and think that was the goal. Really a tame affair.

Domi had a terrible game...tried to do too much. Cheeky empty-netter!
Ho Sang has enormous skill, but he will have to learn that "passing is NOT a necessary evil". He likes to skate and stickhandle far too much, and as a result, he often turns over the puck. He's young and I think this is easy to correct.

I'm not sure if there's a faster skater in the league than Aleardi (maybe Athanasiou), big loss for the Spits next season. Rychel with the nice tip...no chance for Stolarz.

London's first two goals were nice. 1) Tierney threads the pass to Horvat for the one-timer, and 2) nice give and go with Horvat and R. Rupert.

End of the month thought there would be a bigger crowd in Windsor!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
That " lucky" goal?

I'm sure if the Spits had scored it, it would be described as making your own luck, being hard on the puck, aggressive forechecking. As that is what happened. Hard on Murphy, hes lazy in Attempt to clear. Deflected by forechecker and a knights player beats a spits player to the blue ice to bang it in. Hard work plus opportunity equals luck
HL, u say the refs didn't cost u the game but bring it up Every time. Kinda weak IMO. You can take 10 plays each side every game and disect them. It gets old, is weak, and really starts to look like whining.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
That " lucky" goal?

I'm sure if the Spits had scored it, it would be described as making your own luck, being hard on the puck, aggressive forechecking. As that is what happened. Hard on Murphy, hes lazy in Attempt to clear. Deflected by forechecker and a knights player beats a spits player to the blue ice to bang it in. Hard work plus opportunity equals luck
HL, u say the refs didn't cost u the game but bring it up Every time. Kinda weak IMO. You can take 10 plays each side every game and disect them. It gets old, is weak, and really starts to look like whining.

Typical response from someone on the winning side,not surprised and expected
Hockey gods were on the side of the Knights on the winning deflected puck right to the feet of another,bad break happens,as for the officiating keep in the whistle in your pocket in a 1 goal unless its obvious,and I say it for both teams,calls like that affect momentum

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nelli27

I would agree a pretty tame affair,not surprised considering Windsor"s depleted roster,as for Leroux he did his best to get Ebert to go,but Ebert did his Phaneuf impression vs Prust the other and passed on it,if Bilcke deserved his penalty so did Leroux deserve one except it didnt occur with 11 minutes left in a 1 goal game,put away the whistle
Your analysis on Domi pretty accurate great speed,a bit indiviualistic,was not his usual
chippy self
Re Ho Sang you are dead on,he as well is too individualistic ,thinks its river hockey out there,does not use his team mates enough,shoots when he should pass,passes when he should shoot
I for one hope the Knights continue to cruise as u say,makes for a nice possible exit

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Noticed in the JR A forum re London Knights that a poster thinks Knights should a compensatory 1st rd pick re Herbst
Feel terrible for the kid,but hey buyer or drafter beware,no comp pick deserved in my view
especiallly a 1st nice try though

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
For the lack of a better term since Griffith went out Domi's turned into a puck hog. He's made some passes that turned into goals but the kid takes it from his own end tries to go threw the team on the ice plus everyone on the bench and 9 out of 10 times loses it. Too many time lately he's taken on 3 guys only to lose the puck.

He's stepped up his game but I'd like to see more passing out of him then keeping the puck on his stick forever.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

not score there

Typical response from someone on the LOSING side, not surprised and expected

You say you call it as you see it, and I don't doubt that, but every and I mean every loss you point out how the refs this, luck that.
Stale.

Last edited:
Typical response from someone on the winning side,not surprised and expected
Hockey gods were on the side of the Knights on the winning deflected puck right to the feet of another,bad break happens,as for the officiating keep in the whistle in your pocket in a 1 goal unless its obvious,and I say it for both teams,calls like that affect momentum
And to think I once respected your opinions.:laugh: The bold portion lumps you in the same basket as the rest HL11. Strive for originality my friend.

Typical response from someone on the LOSING side, not surprised and expected

You say you call it as you see it, and I don't doubt that, but every and I mean every loss you point out how the refs this, luck that.
Stale.
Bingo....said it before and I'll say it again...blaming the officials for your own team's short comings is the biggest cop out in the book.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
And to think I once respected your opinions.:laugh: The bold portion lumps you in the same basket as the rest HL11. Strive for originality my friend.

Bingo....said it before and I'll say it again...blaming the officials for your own team's short comings is the biggest cop out in the book.

London posters have their views,Windsor posters have theirs,somewhere in the middle

lies the truth

Windsor"s shortcoming last night was 7 guys out compared to 3 on the other side

sbrug

Aug 30, 2012
Nelli27

I would agree a pretty tame affair,not surprised considering Windsor"s depleted roster,as for Leroux he did his best to get Ebert to go,but Ebert did his Phaneuf impression vs Prust the other and passed on it,if Bilcke deserved his penalty so did Leroux deserve one except it didnt occur with 11 minutes left in a 1 goal game,put away the whistle
Your analysis on Domi pretty accurate great speed,a bit indiviualistic,was not his usual
chippy self
Re Ho Sang you are dead on,he as well is too individualistic ,thinks its river hockey out there,does not use his team mates enough,shoots when he should pass,passes when he should shoot
I for one hope the Knights continue to cruise as u say,makes for a nice possible exit

Maybe Leroux was after Ebert for headhunting. You see in London, our goons go after others when it's warranted, not just when the score is out of hand like other teams.:D

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Maybe Leroux was after Ebert for headhunting. You see in London, our goons go after others when it's warranted, not just when the score is out of hand like other teams.:D

Goons fight Goons, thats the code,to go after a skill player is gutless,sometimes guys

check rides up on people ,other times players duck into a hit,sometimes its inadvertent

Ebert is not known to be a head hunter or dirty player,Anderson could dealt with it

himself,Leroux had no reason to seek retribution,i would probably think differently

if Ebert played dirty like the Ruperts,but he doesnt

sbrug

Aug 30, 2012
Goons fight Goons, thats the code,to go after a skill player is gutless,sometimes guys

check rides up on people ,other times players duck into a hit,sometimes its inadvertent

Ebert is not known to be a head hunter or dirty player,Anderson could dealt with it

himself,Leroux had no reason to seek retribution,i would probably think differently

if Ebert played dirty like the Ruperts,but he doesnt

Wonder why Ebert didn't even get a 2 minute minor. Thought only London got the breaks when it came to penalties and league discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->