OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread IV

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
EmkjtU_W8AIiBJP

Mock ups

Crazy how this mock up is so much better than the official retros. Having the black stripe at the very bottom as well as the white numbers makes a huge difference and this should be obvious to anyone whose actual job it is to design these things.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Crazy how this mock up is so much better than the official retros. Having the black stripe at the very bottom as well as the white numbers makes a huge difference and this should be obvious to anyone whose actual job it is to design these things.
The point is it’s a reverse retro, so moving the stripe down would not be a replica of the jersey it is trying to replicate. The jerseys aren’t supposed to looked great, it’s just supposed to be a reversal of colours from old jerseys. The Parliament logo also made no sense for this campaign, because it was never a real jersey they wore

Reactions: saskriders

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
The Parliament logo also made no sense for this campaign, because it was never a real jersey they wore

tbf.... Vegas used a concept from another Vegas team.
so we coulda try something different.

could almost argue the same for the Wild.... but whatever.

but at the end, i dont care.... i really dont mind this red jersey.
its just that the black is much cooler.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
tbf.... Vegas used a concept from another Vegas team.
so we coulda try something different.

could almost argue the same for the Wild.... but whatever.

but at the end, i dont care.... i really dont mind this red jersey.
its just that the black is much cooler.
For sure, black is way better. The sens definitely didn’t want to introduce another jersey at this time

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The point is it’s a reverse retro, so moving the stripe down would not be a replica of the jersey it is trying to replicate. The jerseys aren’t supposed to looked great, it’s just supposed to be a reversal of colours from old jerseys. The Parliament logo also made no sense for this campaign, because it was never a real jersey they wore

You keep saying the jerseys aren't supposed to look good like that's a thing.

Pretty sure aside from the novelty ones like the Ducks, teams wanted them to look good if a bit outside the norm.

Also, there is no rule that it had to be perfectly reversed. Plenty of the jerseys made extra changes to fit the style.

Reactions: TheDebater

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I have no issues with the jersey, I actually think it's very nice. Obviously we all have preferences, I think the numbers on the sleeves could've been white or even a red version of the O would've been nice but bottom line it's a special edition jersey and I think it'll look good once we see them on ice.

I think having the new 2D jerseys kinda took away from this one but when I look at other team versions I feel like ours is pretty good looking.

Sharks, Detroit, Dallas, Habs and more look straight bad.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You keep saying the jerseys aren't supposed to look good like that's a thing.

Pretty sure aside from the novelty ones like the Ducks, teams wanted them to look good if a bit outside the norm.

Also, there is no rule that it had to be perfectly reversed. Plenty of the jerseys made extra changes to fit the style.
They’re supposed to be a bit gimmicky and adidas came up with designs at least to start. To me the sens jersey is fine, if they changed the striping and numbers to match the current jerseys then it’s not really reverse retro. It’s only for a year anyway

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Lol. I do think that it is ideal for an Ottawa team to have a primarily black jersey as the home, white as the away, and red as an alternate. I do think that all the jerseys would look better if they had all three though. My favourite centurion jersey is definitely the late 90s black with white and red stripes.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Sens need to go all out with these retros.

Red helmets, pants, socks, and gloves. Just go full Imperial Guard. Ultimate power move.

databank_emperorsroyalguard_01_169_4a88ce6c.jpeg

Reactions: senswon

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Jersey's are 30% on the NHL Shop/Fanatics (Yes, you can get Adidas jerseys there too)... I just bought myself a White Adidas Tkachuk jersey!

Ottawa Team Shop also has a "Spend $100, get 50% off" but not worth it in the end. I'm guessing they "Give" you the code after you purchase a jersey? I wanted a Black Stuetzle jersey but after everything was said and done, it was over $340 (Tax and shipping)... If anyone has more details on that deal, let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: Tony Tony Chopper

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Who should I get on my Reverse Retro?

Off limits are:

Tkachuk (saving for a USA jersey)
Dadanov (saving for a Russia)
Balcers (saving for a Latvia)
Stuetzle (on a new one)
Zub (on a new one)

I'm leaning Batherson, Chabot, or Galchenyuk.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Who should I get on my Reverse Retro?

Off limits are:

Tkachuk (saving for a USA jersey)
Dadanov (saving for a Russia)
Balcers (saving for a Latvia)
Stuetzle (on a new one)
Zub (on a new one)

I'm leaning Batherson, Chabot, or Galchenyuk.

Batherson would look nice.

Chabot is a classic, a lot of people have it though.

Lowkey Murray could be a decent get

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad