OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
I'm thinking that the gold trim might have been a strategy so that the logo still looks good on a red jersey.

Possibly red 3rd jersey maybe?

I wouldn't mind seeing them alternate 3rd between a red 2d and the Vintage O jerseys.

That way there is an element of newness too the rebrand.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hope there is a new alt as well. I’d love to get 3/5ov and Tkachuk as jerseys

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Just lookup the Golden Knights Woman’s fanatics jersey, and compare it to an authentic.
The logo and lines are different sizes.

The actual logo will be bigger for sure.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Just lookup the Golden Knights Woman’s fanatics jersey, and compare it to an authentic.
The logo and lines are different sizes.

The actual logo will be bigger for sure.
The question is, will the real jerseys have the red stripe at the bottom like this? Or red then black below it?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Hailey Salvian reported the mock up she saw had only 1 stripe.

I think it will have the 1 stipe, but will look fine with black pants.
She said one red stripe near the bottom which could mean either scenario. But yes, would be fine either way

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
upload_2020-9-6_23-49-50.jpeg

This leads me to believe the numbers would be above the sleeve stripes. But could be just the incorrect stripe location on the women’s jersey

Reactions: NB613

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Let’s see how true this statement said by Anthony Leblanc is.

“We’re working aggressively. We brought on a new president of marketing in the last couple of weeks and we’ll be working over the next month to two months on that rebranding.
“Our expectation is sometime after Labour Day, with school back going back, we’re getting a little bit back to a state of normalcy with the exception of wearing masks and staying six feet apart. Once Labour Day we’ll be able to get back to the community in a bigger way.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Matsens15

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I don't have a marketing mind, so please excuse my ignorance. Is the silence from the team a marketing tactic, or can it simply be chalked up to incompetence/lack of resources?

Everyone knows the rebrand is coming, why don't they do some sort of countdown to a jersey reveal? The imagery could use the new colours, and each day could reveal more details. It seems commonsense to me, but again, I'm not well versed in the marketing world. Silence doesn't seem to be building anticipation.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I don't have a marketing mind, so please excuse my ignorance. Is the silence from the team a marketing tactic, or can it simply be chalked up to incompetence/lack of resources?

Everyone knows the rebrand is coming, why don't they do some sort of countdown to a jersey reveal? The imagery could use the new colours, and each day could reveal more details. It seems commonsense to me, but again, I'm not well versed in the marketing world. Silence doesn't seem to be building anticipation.

I imagine it is partially out of necessity with the draft being delayed.

The plan was 100% to reveal at the draft.
They will have the attention of the majority of the league/fans.

It would be pretty great if they could somehow get a jersey to Stutzle or Byfield if they had confirmation of who LA was going to take, and have them throw it on over zoom.

Reactions: bsens35

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

It would be pretty great if they could somehow get a jersey to Stutzle or Byfield if they had confirmation of who LA was going to take, and have them throw it on over zoom.

I'm on board with the jersey being released at the draft, but everyone has known about it months in advance, and we're still three weeks away from the draft. It's just a strange look seeing the team releasing Erik Brannstrom's playlist on social media when the new logo is popping up in retail stores. Some kind of acknowledgment of the upcoming change would make sense.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

You could just send one to both of them, not sure if the budget can handle that though. Would be super cool to still see it released on draft day despite it not being held in person this year.

Reactions: TheDebater

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Melnyk and co. could learn a few things from the Atlanta Falcons. When a picture of their new jerseys leaked, they opted to unveil their new uniforms the next day.

Instead, we get to discover our re-branding through merchandise at a Giant Tiger with no official announcement of any kind. Wouldn't expect it any other way honestly.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
THey might still be waiting for the draft to reveal the new jerseys. Its not that far away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad