OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Well we have already seen the fanatics jersey and logo released a week or two ago so the cats long been out-of the bag, i guess casuals missed it perhaps?

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Standard negativity around here... It isn't a marketing fail in any way to not release the jerseys when the team is playing no games, there are no tickets to buy, and generally the entire fan base is in wait and see mode.

Yep, well said. Those of us on HF and those of us who follow Sens twitter will see and hear all about these little Giant Tiger leaks.

But I think its safe to say that the general public doesn't care or even hear about the minor leaks of clothing or calendars in various outlet stores and thus probably don't really have much of a clue about it until the major news outlets start bringing it up or the team themselves.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yep, well said. Those of us on HF and those of us who follow Sens twitter will see and hear all about these little Giant Tiger leaks.

But I think its safe to say that the general public doesn't care or even hear about the minor leaks of clothing or calendars in various outlet stores and thus probably don't really have much of a clue about it until the major news outlets start bringing it up or the team themselves.

If it's Giant Tiger, my assumption would have been that they still had some of the old original ones kicking around in the back room.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If it's Giant Tiger, my assumption would have been that they still had some of the old original ones kicking around in the back room.

Not with the gold trim on the cape, the old logo would have the red trim instead.

Well we have already seen the fanatics jersey and logo released a week or two ago so the cats long been out-of the bag, i guess casuals missed it perhaps?

It helps to get proper confirmation from the team. There was always a small risk that what we had seen going around the internet was only a "similar" version.

The "new" logo however, is perfect.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Not that I understand much of it, but icethetics put out an article that insinuates that a professional designer wasn't used to create the new 2d logo. I, for one, am shocked :laugh:

icethetics.com: Ottawa Senators quietly announce logo change for 2020-21
Whoever thinks the newer 2D logo is better has no taste. It’s AHL quality and cartoony. I dismiss all his criticisms for that reason.

This logo is a classic and a knock out of the park. The laurels and stuff were obviously designed by a designer years ago in the 90s. They just kept that because that’s what people wanted. Teams like the red wings and blackhawks would have completely different logos that look more modern if they just came into the league today

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Whoever thinks the newer 2D logo is better has no taste. It’s AHL quality and cartoony. I dismiss all his criticisms for that reason.

This logo is a classic and a knock out of the park. The laurels and stuff were obviously designed by a designer years ago in the 90s. They just kept that because that’s what people wanted.

I'm not sure that I follow what you're saying (or perhaps what he's saying). Did he not compare the laurels from the original 2d logo with the new 2d logo?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I'm not sure that I follow what you're saying (or perhaps what he's saying). Did he not compare the laurels from the original 2d logo with the new 2d logo?
he compared it to the updated 2D logo introduced in 2007 which the majority of sens fans don’t like. I don’t get why outsiders like that logo. It reminds me of NHL video game logos. Mostly everything on this 2020 2D logo is the same as the cup run 2D logo

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
he compared it to the updated 2D logo introduced in 2007 which the majority of sens fans don’t like. I don’t get why outsiders like that logo. It reminds me of NHL video game logos. Mostly everything on this 2020 2D logo is the same as the cup run 2D logo

Ah, that's my mistake. I thought that he was comparing the laurels on the "new" 2d logo with the ones from the "old" 2d logo that was used until 2007. So it's likely that the laurels from the "old" logo are the same as the ones in the "new" logo?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Ah, that's my mistake. I thought that he was comparing the laurels on the "new" 2d logo with the ones from the "old" 2d logo that was used until 2007. So it's likely that the laurels from the "old" logo are the same as the ones in the "new" logo?
Yes exactly. So he’s not wrong that it’s 90s-ish design but that’s kind of the point. It seems everyone like the logo so in the end it will be a success, IMO

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Yes exactly. So he’s not wrong that it’s 90s-ish design but that’s kind of the point. It seems everyone like the logo so in the end it will be a success, IMO

In that case, I take back what I said and agree with you. I am a Melnyk despiser, but I don't see any reason to spend money updating laurels that no one had any issue with, especially when fans were asking for a return of the exact logo.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
In that case, I take back what I said and agree with you. I am a Melnyk despiser, but I don't see any reason to spend money updating laurels that no one had any issue with, especially when fans were asking for a return of the exact logo.
Oh I don’t care about melnyk at all either. I was just 100% all in on going back to the same 2D logo. Why change something that worked. Sure you could even out the laurels, but did anyone other than that guy even notice that? I sure didn’t. I actually prefer the new gold cape as well.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Sure, everyone has different opinions, I just don't get how people think the modern one is better. Modern and sleeker doesn't mean better.

Untitled-1.jpg

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So LeBlanc basically confirmed the jerseys will have different striping, as we saw from the women's fanatics jersey. Judging by that leak, the sleeve numbers will probably be above the stripes.

Hopefully the white's still have the red and black at the bottom, rather than just a single red stripe.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad