OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I'm probably being overly critical, but I was hoping that there'd be some kind of modern addition to the jersey, whether it be an updated shoulder patch or minor change elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I love the way they look, it just seems a little half ass to me to do a rebranding that likely cost them next to nothing to do.

Reactions: Qward

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I'm probably being overly critical, but I was hoping that there'd be some kind of modern addition to the jersey, whether it be an updated shoulder patch or minor change elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I love the way they look, it just seems a little half ass to me to do a rebranding that likely cost them next to nothing to do.

Yes you are. This was one of those times the organization needed to get it right and I think they did. This was the cheapest and easiest decision they could have made and it will pay off tremendously. Changing anything or trying to be clever was ultimately going to lead to failure.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Yes you are. This was one of those times the organization needed to get it right and I think they did. This was the cheapest and easiest decision they could have made and it will pay off tremendously. Changing anything or trying to be clever was ultimately going to lead to failure.

Is it not the most Ottawa Senators thing ever to do a "rebranding" that doesn't cost any money? I love the logo, and I love the jerseys, but it's still the cheap way of doing things.

Reactions: NB613

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Is it not the most Ottawa Senators thing ever to do a "rebranding" that doesn't cost any money? I love the logo, and I love the jerseys, but it's still the cheap way of doing things.
How does it not cost money? They would have had to design it for the New Jersey template and pay to get new branding everywhere.
And who cares you could say the same about any other team doing the same thing over the last two decades

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
How is it the cheap way of doing things? You think they are just going to blow the dust off of a warehouse full of jerseys and merchandise from 1994?

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
How is it the cheap way of doing things? You think they are just going to blow the dust off of a warehouse full of jerseys and merchandise from 1994?

Is there a cheaper way of rebranding a jersey than taking an exact design from a previous jersey and putting it on a new one?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Is there a cheaper way of rebranding a jersey than taking an exact design from a previous jersey and putting it on a new one?

Imagine complaining about going back to the original jersey/logo because it's too "cheap."

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Imagine complaining about going back to the original jersey/logo because it's too "cheap."

Imagine having a differing opinion. Again, I'm happy that they're going back to the 2d, I had just hoped that there was some kind of modern spin on it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Kinda funny you say that, with the picture a few posts above is sporting a Yashin nameplate.

Hell, you never know with this organization.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I am as critcal of Euge as they come, but by your argument, the Wings, Habs, Rags, Broons, Leafs etc. etc. are the cheapest franchises in the league.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I am as critcal of Euge as they come, but by your argument, the Wings, Habs, Rags, Broons, Leafs etc. etc. are the cheapest franchises in the league.

The teams you mentioned have 100 year old histories. We're not talking about the same thing.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The teams you mentioned have 100 year old histories. We're not talking about the same thing.

I do not see the problem. The issue here is that the Senators should never have tried to fix something that was not broken back in 2008. The whole redesign should have never happened and the Senators logo would have followed in the same historical trend as those teams you mentioned.

This re-brand is not a rebrand in the sense you are making out to be, but rather an indication that the Senators organization realized they had something good and are rectifying the mistake they made, which is surprising considering Melnyk's ego in general.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Noticed the Sabres just dropped their new jerseys...feel like its a good play from Buffalo to keep their fans a bit engaged...tough work for the bottom 7 teams who have seemingly been cast aside for what is looking like several months of notta!

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
We will (hopefully) get there eventually too and it would be great if we did it with the same or just a slightly tweaked logo. Those same teams wouldn't be in this discussion 100 years later if they re-did their logo every 10-20 years.

Reactions: TheDebater

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Bruce’s article mentions Labour Day as a potential important date to keep in mind.

This lines up with Sports stores allegedly receiving shipments the first week of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad