[Official] Fire/Tolerate Travis Green Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
It also might be unfair and stupid of Green to be putting defensive players out to defend a lead in the final minute when the other team has an empty net.

I mean... why can't Boeser, Goldy or EP be out there and score empty net goals?

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
It also might be unfair and stupid of Green to be putting defensive players out to defend a lead in the final minute when the other team has an empty net.

I mean... why can't Boeser, Goldy or EP be out there and score empty net goals?[/QUOTE
Where’s the sarcasm thingie?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

While not unique to Green, hockey coaches seem to have a hell of a time understanding that having the puck and moving it toward the other end of the ice are far better ways to defend than ceding possession and trying to block shots.

It’s like punting on first down to “kill the clock” because you’re in the lead.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
This thread existing continues to be ridiculous.

Whether you like Travis Green or not, he is not remotely close to being fired.

I don't like all of his moves like old time thinking of bottom two lines have to be checking lines but most observers would say he is doing a good job and has a good future in coaching. If anything he is closer to being a candidate for coach of the year than being fired.

Keep it real.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This thread existing continues to be ridiculous.

Whether you like Travis Green or not, he is not remotely close to being fired.

I don't like all of his moves like old time thinking of bottom two lines have to be checking lines but most observers would say he is doing a good job and has a good future in coaching. If anything he is closer to being a candidate for coach of the year than being fired.

Keep it real.
I agree. The more i think about it the more i think Coach Green is doing a good job. He makes mistakes, frustrating mistakes, but hes a rookie NHL coach remember (well i guess his 2nd year lol)

Everyone expected us to be 31st this year with the Sedins gone and the GM keeping the same awful d core, but hes made a fighter out of this team on a lot of nights. When a team has Hutton Stecher del Zotto Gudbranson Poo and Biega as 3-8 and the team is not dead last... thats alright

And everyone from Canucks fans to Canucks haters tells us Tanev and Edler are not first pairing guys, so wheather we believe that or not hes doing something right

I cant wait for next season after Pettersson has a summer to recollect about his rookie mistakes, Boeser has a full offseason to heal and develop, Horvat continues to Horvat, Virtanen takes the next step, Hughes, Demko instead of Nielsson, etc etc

I get frustrated at Coach Green but maybe he is the right guy...

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Who was the last guy that was good at scoring empty net goals for us? Pavol Demitra?

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Jake Virtanen has been pretty good at getting the puck out, and he was out there during the final minutes of the Oilers period, and we didn't get scored on as well.
Just made the exact same comment in the JV thread.

He absolutely embarrassed Larson on the boards, would have been beautiful if he had scored to finish it off.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
...so how long till this becomes the [Official] Travis Green Over-reaction thread? :sarcasm:

Seriously, this head coach has been very effective with this roster, especially in relation to the younger players in the organization...

...but I guess if you have to blame someone for the Canucks issues? ...even when the team is currently succeeding under that someone...? :huh:

Reactions: Gormo

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
"Why does this thread even exist?"

I ask myself the same question.

I have to eat my words regarding Green. I figured, being a rookie coach, he was hired to save $$$$$$$$. But with his handling of the young players, and dealing with key injuries through some rough road trips, I have to say he has my respect. Plus, I like how the team plays.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
...so how long till this becomes the [Official] Travis Green Over-reaction thread? :sarcasm:

Seriously, this head coach has been very effective with this roster, especially in relation to the younger players in the organization...

...but I guess if you have to blame someone for the Canucks issues? ...even when the team is currently succeeding under that someone...? :huh:
It should be kept, ...as a testament to a few members of the Knee-jerk Committee that started it...

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
It should be kept, ...as a testament to a few members of the Knee-jerk Committee that started it...
The thread was started by a young dude without much hockey experience. Classic knee-jerk reaction. He went completely silent until we had our losing streak and he was posting constantly. Now he is quiet again lol. Green has gotten the most out of a poor roster

Reactions: F A N

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The thread was started by a young dude without much hockey experience. Classic knee-jerk reaction. He went completely silent until we had our losing streak and he was posting constantly. Now he is quiet again lol. Green has gotten the most out of a poor roster

You come out sounding pretty condesending here.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
"Why does this thread even exist?"

I ask myself the same question.

I have to eat my words regarding Green. I figured, being a rookie coach, he was hired to save $$$$$$$$. But with his handling of the young players, and dealing with key injuries through some rough road trips, I have to say he has my respect. Plus, I like how the team plays.

His team competes every night and some young players progressing. What more can you expect from him?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It’s literally just a coaching thread. No one else is calling seriously for his firing. It’s just the title. Calm down.

You have a different interpretation of OP's post than I do. I seriously wonder how you came up with your interpretation.

Reactions: DonnyNucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad