Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
And in which Part Arizona will be the next Years with all the Penaltys they took. Arizona is forbidden to use the maximum Cap.
My German friend, you're right if KY wants to be competitive, it might be tough in Arizona. It's just not obvious to me he wants/can be :)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Depends how much salary increase (given the cap world): I could see term being the negotiating problem. I do think Krug is a more viable player over the next few years given Yandle's defensive prowess.

Now, my dream is that we're actually negotiating with St. Louis and going to offer the first for a sign and trade
Trade Yandle to Boston to fill Krug hole, use free cap space to sign AP. Boston trades Krug somewhere else. Everyone wins.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
My German friend, you're right if KY wants to be competitive, it might be tough in Arizona. It's just not obvious to me he wants/can be :)

Yeah for me count the same the faster it get happen its okay. But he has a full NTC, what gives him any right. Arizona Cap Penalty comes from the Signing Bonus Penalty the same the Panthers faced before.

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Trade Yandle to Boston to fill Krug hole, use free cap space to sign AP. Boston trades Krug somewhere else. Everyone wins.
Yep. Run a so so third pairing of stillman and priskie and boom.

If we do this, we would still have cap for 10M of forwards too I think.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Where is this Yandle to Boston talk coming from? To me it makes zero sense. He's the most anti-Bruin player ever and they could just sign Krug who's better and younger to fill that offensive Dman role.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Not sure if posted yet: LeBrun: New GMs fast at work in Arizona and Florida ahead of pivotal offseason

(A) We are in Pietroangelo.
(B) To our Canadian friends:
Which is interesting because it flies in the face of what everyone assumed (including me) when new GM Bill Zito took over in South Florida, that his marching orders would be to cut down payroll.
And I mean, I do think Zito will be careful with how he doles out the cash but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a green light to improve his team.
(C) Horny initially was planning not to waive. His lack of top-6 opportunity in Pittsburgh and the following got him to:

But I also think once Hornqvist realized how genuine Zito’s intentions were as far as wanting him not just for his style of play but his championship pedigree and leadership skills, that also helped the veteran winger work his way to the decision to waive.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
new today on the athletic. That plus maybe rumours around krug tell us defense seems to be a focus for zito at the moment. here's hoping something good is coming...
The Matheson trade is big. We got rid of the negative value contract. Stralman is tradable as well, but I have no idea for what (the dream is a similar C to his contract). We could add a large piece to the D that just replaces their cap hit...

Reactions: pantherbot

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
True but adding 3 more years in contract value for an offensive d-man is prob not worth it, plus salary increase.

Don't really see the problem with adding Krug to replace Yandle. Krug is the better and younger player, so what's the problem? It would be like adding Yandle originally (except I like Krug better), and if Krug declines in 3 years, it's just the same problem we have today except we would have gotten 3 more productive years from Krug. Then you figure out how to trade him if he declines, and as you've pointed out, Yandle has trade value so Krug would also have trade value.

Obviously depends on what we may have to add in a yandle for krug swap, but I don't see the problem. That would be a home run. I would be shocked if it was yandle/krug straight up.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
new today on the athletic. That plus maybe rumours around krug tell us defense seems to be a focus for zito at the moment. here's hoping something good is coming...

Just read it, nothing big in there but if we could somehow get him down to 6 years on an inflated deal, which would allow us to trade him (one year left) the same year Ekblad would need a new deal (way down the road but good to plan for it either way).
We are dark horse so I won't get my hopes up but to have two top pairing RD would be the envy of the league and LD are way easier to find/develop imo, plus we have some decent LD prospects who wouldn't have to be world beaters when paired with either of them.

Not a huge fan of Krug to be honest. Rather roll out Yandle another year and then move him before expansion draft.
Spend the money on AP, a 2C or a legit shutdown #3LD, the latter two would probably need to be acquired in trade.

Reactions: pantherbot

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Don't really see the problem with adding Krug to replace Yandle. Krug is the better and younger player, so what's the problem? It would be like adding Yandle originally (except I like Krug better), and if Krug declines in 3 years, it's just the same problem we have today except we would have gotten 3 more productive years from Krug. Then you figure out how to trade him if he declines, and as you've pointed out, Yandle has trade value so Krug would also have trade value.

Obviously depends on what we may have to add in a yandle for krug swap, but I don't see the problem. That would be a home run. I would be shocked if it was yandle/krug straight up.
I think we need more defensive minded expensive d-man.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I’m not too high on Krug either but I do like him. But I’m flat out done with Yands so I’ll probably dig a swap with him of any kind.

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@batting1k

checks watch.gif

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Not a huge fan of Krug to be honest. Rather roll out Yandle another year and then move him before expansion draft.
Spend the money on AP, a 2C or a legit shutdown #3LD, the latter two would probably need to be acquired in trade.

I think we need more defensive minded expensive d-man.

I get the reluctance in adding Krug, but I see it more as upgrading on Yandle. I think Yandle has trade value, but it won't be easy to move him given NMC and contract. If we can move him for Krug without giving up anything else, I do it. Obviously if we can unload Yandle in another way, I do that and go for something else on the roster. But let's just say I really don't like Yandle.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’d rather pietrangelo at 9.5per than krug at 7.5per, either way the fact we’re in on both hopefully means we have something immediately lined up for Yandle? I’m just curious if pietrangelo expects to get 10+
He’ll be 31 by the time the season starts, the cap will remain stagnant for the next 2yrs. I don’t think he’ll get 11+ like karlsson and doughty did, but does his camp think 10+ from a club is realistic?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Yandle for Krug doesnt move the needle much for me. Moving Yandle to the Bs as a Krug replacement and signing AP would be ridiculously awesome.

Reactions: Ghoste

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Where is this Yandle to Boston talk coming from? To me it makes zero sense. He's the most anti-Bruin player ever and they could just sign Krug who's better and younger to fill that offensive Dman role.

It came up the first Time, when it was told that Boston will pass on Krug and that this will happen was known early in the Year.
So with most likely Chara and Krug gone, Boston need some Defensman and PP Quarterback that also can bring up the Numbers. And that how the Yandle could fit to Boston came up.

Reactions: FormerPantherFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad