Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It would be hard to dislike signing Petro, but that would mean we might have to let Ekblad go when his contract is up in 5 years. I mean it's a good problem to have I guess, but it does shorten the window. When Petro is 36, Ekblad is gonna be a lot better than him.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It would be hard to dislike signing Petro, but that would mean we might have to let Ekblad go when his contract is up in 5 years. I mean it's a good problem to have I guess, but it does shorten the window. When Petro is 36, Ekblad is gonna be a lot better than him.
not necessarily, depending on how the cap grows/Huberdeau/moves we can make. Barkov/Huberdeau/Ekblad/Bobrovsky are the long-term assets with large contracts then; I think Bob is the wild card: if he can return to his prime, we might be able to upload him in 2025.

I do think that it means we won't be able to keep Huberdeau long-term, but that's a trade I would do to be honest.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
not necessarily, depending on how the cap grows/Huberdeau/moves we can make. Barkov/Huberdeau/Ekblad/Bobrovsky are the long-term assets with large contracts then; I think Bob is the wild card: if he can return to his prime, we might be able to upload him in 2025.

I do think that it means we won't be able to keep Huberdeau long-term, but that's a trade I would do to be honest.

Yes we would definitely need to move either Huby or Ekblad. Or Petro I guess. But either way, it's gonna be about a 10M contract we'd have to move. I'm just guessing that Petro would demand a nmc or at least a full ntc to sign with us. That would make him.pretty difficult to move, especially when he's 35/36 and declining. The cap isn't gonna go up that much in 5 years. The tv deal that the owners were all counting on is dead, and lots of teams are gonna be in rough financial shape for years with the lack of gate revenue.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Hmm and you were talking up Krug before, I truly hope that's not it. Bringing in Krug and moving Yandle makes Florida slightly better while losing cap space.
I don’t think Krug is just slightly better than Yandle. He’s clearly better, a notable improvement. However, Yandle’s starting point is so low, that being many times better still doesn’t meet the bar for very good.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don’t think Krug is just slightly better than Yandle. He’s clearly better, a notable improvement. However, Yandle’s starting point is so low, that being many times better still doesn’t meet the bar for very good.
Krug is Keith Yandle in 2016 without the maturity of a 12 year old. A good player but not what Florida needs. Florida needs 2-way guys, Krug isn't that. AP is better but I don't know if I want to shell out that dough. I don't really know what the plan is, I'm lost :laugh:

I don't really want Hoffman or Dadonov back as their contracts will suck and Florida hasn't been able to win/look good with them But if you let them walk, Florida will most assuredly suck next year. Additionally, why spend of defense if you're letting your top wings go. The Matheson trade was so good but Hornqvist is considerably worse than either of those guys. Also the C market is weak and if you don't want to suck you'll need improvement there.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
IMO the team needs going into October 9 from greatest to least importance:

1. #1/2 dman
2. 2 scoring wingers
3. A defensive 4/5 dman
4. A 2C

I think most would agree with that but I feel like it's too much to hope for for one off-season.

Also why I put 2C last is Florida was fine with a bad one last year, really just trying to figure out if it's not better to just bring in a cheap short contract guy and wait for the draft/2021 UFA class.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yes we would definitely need to move either Huby or Ekblad. Or Petro I guess. But either way, it's gonna be about a 10M contract we'd have to move. I'm just guessing that Petro would demand a nmc or at least a full ntc to sign with us. That would make him.pretty difficult to move, especially when he's 35/36 and declining. The cap isn't gonna go up that much in 5 years. The tv deal that the owners were all counting on is dead, and lots of teams are gonna be in rough financial shape for years with the lack of gate revenue.
Oh, I'm less worried about Pietroangelo: he should age well. Same with Ek.

I reallly think if we could get him, Huberdeau becomes the odd man out. I also think the probability of a cup is much higher the next few years with Pietroangelo than waiting. We have three years where we can everyone together (I think we could re-sign Barkov). Let's go for it; we don't have any great prospects in the system that are game changers.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Does that mean we trade for Ghost?

That would be funny, but not that what we searching, in my Opinion. I would also go after a Defensive minded Defensman.

But be clear where does this Train should go?
Current Situation Fan wise, Yandle should be go and be more solid in the own Zone and start winning.
But as i mention, in lock down if you trade away yandle, loose both Winger in the FA Time you loose 59 Goals and over 120 Points earned.
What brings the Team or the GM to a Situation where you have to hold on of the 3 at least.

In my Mind best Option ever but pretty unrealistic, keep Hoffman trade away Yandle, bring in a solid stay at Home. And hope your new System is working.

And then how you handle the Situation next Year, with the expansion Draft. What does the 2 forwards want if they re-sign. A full NTC or NMC till the last Year or two? What does this mean?
Barkov, Hubderdeau, Hörnqvist and Bob must be protected a additional forward with a NTC or NMC would mean we would go the 5 or 7-2-1 combo, or make it like the Teams on last expansion Draft here take my 1st + mid prospect and pass on my players.
All this have to be thought about, where Panthers searching for the right Addition.

Btw is McKenzie n0w official the new Assistant-Coach for the D or did someone else joining the Team?

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I really really hope we don’t spend 9M + for Pietro. That would be such a bad move.,

I'm not sure how it's a bad move. He's a top pairing D that this team needs badly.

Out: Matheson, Dadonov, Hoff

In: Hornqvist, Pietrangelo

It's a downgrade on offense but not a huge one if someone like Tippett can step right in and be somewhat productive. And a major upgrade on defense.

Overall, I think the team would be better.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'm not sure how it's a bad move. He's a top pairing D that this team needs badly.

It's a downgrade on offense but not a huge one if someone like Tippett can step right in and be somewhat productive. And a major upgrade on defense.

If we bring in Pietro that only works in my Eyes, with Yandle out, otherwise we must use again 4-4-1 in the upcoming expansion Draft. and 3 of 4 Forwards have a NTC or NMC clause what let only one more player open.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

It's a significant upgrade defensively and a significant downgrade offensively, (I like Hornqvist but Dadonov and Hoffman are much better, and it's unfair to think Tippett can replace either one). But for argument's sake, let's say it's very slightly better, Florida finished 10th last year, how does this get them higher than that? Still need more moves.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
It's a significant upgrade defensively and a significant downgrade offensively, (I like Hornqvist but Dadonov and Hoffman are much better, and it's unfair to think Tippett can replace either one). But for argument's sake, let's say it's very slightly better, Florida finished 10th last year, how does this get them higher than that? Still need more moves.

You can't play games on paper though. So much has to do with chemistry etc. and generally guys like Dadonov and Hoff feast on poor teams to pad their stats whereas you either can play good defense or you can't. But yeah, overall on paper the net talent is roughly the same but you never know about overall team synergy, 2015-16 team as case and point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad