Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If we acquire Krug’s rights and sign him, then Yandle is surely out one way or another, whether it’s in the trade with Boston or separately. Boston is actually one team he would probably waive his NMC for, though.

I wouldn’t be against it, we get a younger version of Yandle at probably slightly more $ but at least he’s coming from a winning organization and isn’t a clown.

If Boston wanted Yandle type they’d just re-sign Krug

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Something coming I think

200.gif

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Krug would be great. Even though he's small the guy battles like a beast.

One of the bruins fans referred to him as a "wolverine", which I thought was a perfect comparison.

Just depends on the contract. Don't go nuts.

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
I think signing any big name free agents, UFA or RFA is a terrible move for this franchise right now.

Bringing in more guys on big contracts to "fix the problem" is exactly why we are in this position to begin with. Funny how short some of your memories are.

Do I think the team would be better with Sergachev or Pietrangelo added? Sure. Does it solve the bigger problem that's plagued this franchise and led to them not winning a playoff series for two straight decades? Likely not.

Retool as you must, but I don't see Zito running and jumping to make a splash into free agency like Tallon did last year. Unless he is making direct replacements (ala Krug signs and Yandle is traded for Stepan). That's a move that makes a bit more sense to me, fixes some of the culture and make us better on paper, but do they really need Torey Krug?

It's time we started building players of our own. Develop a core, a culture that breeds success and winning. As others have pointed out here before, that culture can't come from the outside. We've seen time and time again that the band-aid fixes may work in the short term, but long term they do nothing. The culture change HAS TO come from within. If they want to succeed, they have to succeed themselves.

But signing RFA's and giving away crucial draft picks, relying on 30+ year old free agent defensemen to try and win a single playoff series? Pointless. We may as well skip the next decade because we won't be winning one in the 20's either.

The average age of a drafted player is 17-18 years old. Players hit their prime scoring years somewhere between 24-28 years old. If you start drafting your core today (and you probably want to spend a few years at the bottom in a row) you can expect your home grown newly drafted talent to hit their prime contending about 7-10 years after you started. If you're not going to sign free agents, you might as well skip the next decade.

In a perfect world with unlimited time, then sure. Will this franchise survive another tear it all down rebuild without some sort of interim success?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Why would Krug want to come to Sunrise. Is he illiterate or geographically challenged and thinks Sunrise = Tampa .....

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why would Krug want to come to Sunrise. Is he illiterate or geographically challenged and thinks Sunrise = Tampa .....

He wants to get paid after short term deals with Boston

Krug would be great. Even though he's small the guy battles like a beast.

One of the bruins fans referred to him as a "wolverine", which I thought was a perfect comparison.

Just depends on the contract. Don't go nuts.

You just really need a guy who can shelter him 5on5.

Reactions: Laus723

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Doesn't really make sense for us to pay more than what he's being offered. I'd rather keep Yandle because of his term or move Yandle and use cap space on a 2C
One thing to consider: there could be a world where Yandle is only open to being moved to say Boston and this is how Zito thinks he can do it:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
One thing to consider: there could be a world where Yandle is only open to being moved to say Boston and this is how Zito thinks he can do it:
True but adding 3 more years in contract value for an offensive d-man is prob not worth it, plus salary increase.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
True but adding 3 more years in contract value for an offensive d-man is prob not worth it, plus salary increase.
Depends how much salary increase (given the cap world): I could see term being the negotiating problem. I do think Krug is a more viable player over the next few years given Yandle's defensive prowess.

Now, my dream is that we're actually negotiating with St. Louis and going to offer the first for a sign and trade

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
But only to remember Yandle MUST agree to the Trade no matter what the Plan is and i dont think he wanna go to a Team like Arizona.
I think the thought is that he really liked his time in Arizona...I think the rebuild/contract negotiations were the reason he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad