Official Coyotes 2019-20 Season Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
RT saying this about Hayton: "He’s close. Whether he plays tomorrow or the next game, he’s really close." What the f**k does that mean?? Did he have an injury, skill development, system indoctrination, with the team scoring ONE goal (after we went out and got some OFFENSIVE firepower) in 120 minutes, I'd say he better be more than 'close'.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
RT saying this about Hayton: "He’s close. Whether he plays tomorrow or the next game, he’s really close." What the f**k does that mean?? Did he have an injury, skill development, system indoctrination, with the team scoring ONE goal (after we went out and got some OFFENSIVE firepower) in 120 minutes, I'd say he better be more than 'close'.
He's close. That's what it means. It is what it is. Hayton does what he does. Tocchet does what he does. Close is close. Talk is talk. He'll play soon.

Hope I cleared that up for you.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

The only player that should realistically sit for Hayton at this point is Schmaltz. But they aren't going to mess with him this early in the season. Instead, they'll focus on getting him going. So with Crouse out, Hayton may sub in. Seems like they want him in the top 9 and not anywhere near Richardson's defensive line.

I know you guys are chomping at the bit to see him, but lower your expectations. He's not a super dynamic forward that will instantly change the makeup of the team.

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I know you guys are chomping at the bit to see him, but lower your expectations. He's not a super dynamic forward that will instantly change the makeup of the team.

It's not so much that, as it is that we're running out of opportunities to see him before the decision to send him back to juniors or not arrives.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's not so much that, as it is that we're running out of opportunities to see him before the decision to send him back to juniors or not arrives.

It goes by games dressed, not games on the roster. There's very little chance he actually goes back. They feel he has nothing left to learn playing loosey-goosey junior hockey and they're right.

Reactions: Jakey53

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
He's close. That's what it means. It is what it is. Hayton does what he does. Tocchet does what he does. Close is close. Talk is talk. He'll play soon.

Hope I cleared that up for you.
WOW, not really. If you're okay with RT's explanation of why he's not playing then good luck with his definition of "close".

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
The only player that should realistically sit for Hayton at this point is Schmaltz. But they aren't going to mess with him this early in the season. Instead, they'll focus on getting him going. So with Crouse out, Hayton may sub in. Seems like they want him in the top 9 and not anywhere near Richardson's defensive line.

Never had high-expectations for him. I see a top 10 pick sitting and some players having ZERO impact so far. Maybe I'm looking for (hoping) a 1st year Keller repeat.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
its been 2 games...count them. 1...2.... some of you are acting like Schmaltz didnt have a season ending injury that he needed to rehab. Anybody saying people need to be taken out of the lineup already are crazy and short sided. Yes Hayton needs to get in there. but to say people need to be taken out after 2 games because if performance is just infuriating.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
its been 2 games...count them. 1...2.... some of you are acting like Schmaltz didnt have a season ending injury that he needed to rehab. Anybody saying people need to be taken out of the lineup already are crazy and short sided. Yes Hayton needs to get in there. but to say people need to be taken out after 2 games because if performance is just infuriating.

If Schmaltz is that rusty, send him to Tucson for a rehab stint. I cannot stress this enough: we cannot afford to dig a hole again early in the season. I don't care what Tocchet says about wanting these guys to feel pressure. With a new owner and our arena situation still in flux, we've got to have success this year.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
We just dont have the firepower, ala the Blues, to come from behind and were already 6 points back to two teams. Time is now, if players arent ready screw them. Looking at the schedule I could easily see 0-5. I'm sure the new owner is chomping at the bit

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
WOW, not really. If you're okay with RT's explanation of why he's not playing then good luck with his definition of "close".
Adding sarcasm emojis takes a lot of the fun out of sarcasm, for those who get it, don't ya think?

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If Schmaltz is that rusty, send him to Tucson for a rehab stint. I cannot stress this enough: we cannot afford to dig a hole again early in the season. I don't care what Tocchet says about wanting these guys to feel pressure. With a new owner and our arena situation still in flux, we've got to have success this year.

Again we dont know who is rusty or not cause its been 2 games. Players need time. Rehabing or not to build chemistry. Yeah goal scoring has been hard to come by and if it goes to 4 or 5 games I'll be nervous. But people need to chill out.

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Again we dont know who is rusty or not cause its been 2 games. Players need time. Rehabing or not to build chemistry. Yeah goal scoring has been hard to come by and if it goes to 4 or 5 games I'll be nervous. But people need to chill out.

it hasn’t been two games. It’s been two regular season games.
I’ve been saying since the first pre season game that he looks like absolute dog shit. He should’ve been forced to go to Tucson for a conditioning sting

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm probably not the person to ask about Schmaltz, but he's done nothing to suggest he's turned around his commitment to defense or willingness to go to danger areas.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Maybe it’s just me but I feel like Kuemper should be the goalie until this team learns to score some goals
I may be misremembering, but wasn't there something about Tocchet having to switch up the team's playstyle last season when Raanta went down to accomodate Kuemper's play? We know Kuemper had some issues at first and had to make adjustments to his game, but I think the team was forced to play a defensively safer style when he was in net. I'm not sure if that's still the case, but if it is, perhaps there will be a tangible benefit to team scoring while Raanta is in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad