Official Coyotes 2019-20 Season Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Comrie still listed as NHL non-roster. Probably just an advantage if Raanta actually returns, but how long time does it normally take to get a work-visa in the US for a Canadien? This seems odd.
How does a guy who lived in the US since he was 9 not have Citizenship?? Especially when Dad is mega rich.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
How does a guy who lived in the US since he was 9 not have Citizenship?? Especially when Dad is mega rich.

When Radim Vrbata came back here from the Canucks he had to jump through a ton of hoops just getting his kids in since only one was born in the US. The other two had Canadian and Czech citizenships (plus his wife was also a Czech) and he described it as pretty much a pain in the ass.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
When Radim Vrbata came back here from the Canucks he had to jump through a ton of hoops just getting his kids in since only one was born in the US. The other two had Canadian and Czech citizenships (plus his wife was also a Czech) and he described it as pretty much a pain in the ass.
I can get that but Comrie moved there at 9 and never left until in his 20's. How dumb was it to not get him dual Citizenship?? Verbata probably didn't intend to live in the US after hockey. I doubt Comrie intended to ever leave.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I can get that but Comrie moved there at 9 and never left until in his 20's. How dumb was it to not get him dual Citizenship?? Verbata probably didn't intend to live in the US after hockey. I doubt Comrie intended to ever leave.

Shane Doan just got his citizen ship not long ago. Same with Tyson Nash. Both have lived here and had families for nearly two decades.

In the past it hasn’t taken this long to get a visa, but without making this a political discussion the feds are a bit anal retentive right now.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I've felt that he's been noticeable defensively. Haven't seen much offensively from him, but he's been with Crouse and Fischer. I wouldn't say that that's much of a threatening offensive line

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Hey guys, I am just wondering how Dvorak looks after his injury trouble last season
He was excellent at both ends against the Ducks, got robbed by Gibson on a shot from the slot. More or less invisible offensively against Boston, but did well defensively.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
He was excellent at both ends against the Ducks, got robbed by Gibson on a shot from the slot. More or less invisible offensively against Boston, but did well defensively.

Not sure if I am remembering correctly but I think he had a great chance against Boston that he fired way over the net? So... he was at least in position to get a goal... just didn't execute at all. Could be wrong about which player that was, though.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Dvo is not going to generate much playing with Fischer and Crouse.
That line needs to forecheck more. I think lack of a forecheck is part of our early scoring problem, that and turnovers at the blue line. Carrying the puck in is good, but dumping and chasing has the benefit of the D having their backs turned. This will create turnovers and more opportunities versus always on the rush. Its a fine line between carrying it in and dumping it. At this point we should have more dump ins and less turnovers at the blue line, we will score more because of it and can feed off of their D turning the puck over. It also gets players thinking about completing checks and digging harder in the corners. DVO/Fish/Crouse would benefit from this approach as would a few other lines.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
On the bright side, Chychrun has looked great thus far. I imagine finally having a full summer has done wonders

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
What I ask myself, is when Tocchet is going to tell Kessel he don't care about defence, leave it to the rest of the team. We want goals.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Dvorak has been sneaky good. He is very good and quick with decision making and reads.

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad