OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Didn't something come out about them telling teams to get their arena's availability lined up for July?
No, they were just asking for every teams arena availability through July. I haven’t seen anything where teams were told to pull triggers on their arenas

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It's shocking to hear that there has been very little testing in the US. It's impossible to know how many people got the virus. According to experts this could explode during the next 2-3 weeks and last for months, maybe a year.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
A day ago I couldn't have imagined the next relevant Wild game would feature Kaprizov. Today it appears the Wild have played their final game of the season, they will miss the playoffs by mere percentage points, and wait until next season it is.
So let me say thank you to Fiala for making the season not only watchable but enjoyable.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
MLB opening day delayed two weeks for now.

Duke, Kansas, and now all of the ACC have pulled out of everything. March Madness will get canceled.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
A day ago I couldn't have imagined the next relevant Wild game would feature Kaprizov. Today it appears the Wild have played their final game of the season, they will miss the playoffs by mere percentage points, and wait until next season it is.
So let me say thank you to Fiala for making the season not only watchable but enjoyable.
Now that is a small positive note I guess.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
It's shocking to hear that there has been very little testing in the US. It's impossible to know how many people got the virus. According to experts this could explode during the next 2-3 weeks and last for months, maybe a year.

Not really, if you consider how the higher ups viewed the virus from the beginning. Suggestions were, "Get the flu vaccine" or " The warmth will reduce its numbers/potency".

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i just feel like this is Y2K all over again. 80% of people get over it like a normal flu. i guess the league has to be extra careful or risk getting sued.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
i just feel like this is Y2K all over again. 80% of people get over it like a normal flu. i guess the league has to be extra careful or risk getting sued.

Right. Has nothing to do with it being the responsible thing to do.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

But the 20% who don't (lets assume these numbers are accurate) is a HUGE number if 30%-40%-50%+ of the population becomes infected. There are epidemiologists who think 70% will get infected.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
The major concern isn't the virus it's the overwhelming of our medical system. Could you imagine 20% of infected needing hospitalization at the same time? This could get really ugly or maybe these measures may make it manageable. If it is another Y2K I'm more than willing to give up sporting events, school, and large gatherings for a couple months to find out.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
And if even half of that 20% needs critical care, then the hospitals are screwed. There are only so many negative pressure rooms, so already sick or weakened patients with some other malady or condition will then be exposed to Covid-19, making for a potentially severe, time consuming, and complicated health situation to treat.

Oh, and how does everyone feel about being treated by a health care worker who is infected? Because there aren't enough masks and suits to go around. The NT95's should really be tossed after every patient seen, just like gloves are, but i bet they aren't doing that. Simply not enough of them. When you check in at the desk in a waiting room, is the person behind the desk fully covered or behind an impermeable barrier? Bet they aren't. How often are the surfaces of the waiting room wiped down with antiseptic, and do we know if the cleaner doing the wiping is disease free?

When health care workers get overwhelmed, they get fatigued, which makes them more likely to catch things.

For me, I will be trying to avoid public places, gatherings of any size, and will only go to a hospital or clinic if I have no other choice. Will also try to be making food at home.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I heard some rumors about drive-thru testing facilities being set up that will limit the interaction between potentially infected people and caregivers. Anyone else hear the same?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A lot of claims about testing being available are being made. I know S. Korea has had drive through testing for weeks...it sounds perfect for our society. Would limit infection risk, big time.

Dickie Dunn, do you know if the Fairview sites are up and running?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Some smart words from a doctor: Help yourself, and you will also help others. Stay at least an arm's length away from people you don't know. Wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face. Take care of your immune system, no stress, get enough sleep, and eat lots of vitamin C.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Some smart words from a doctor: Help yourself, and you will also help others. Stay at least an arm's length away from people you don't know. Wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face. Take care of your immune system, no stress, get enough sleep, and eat lots of vitamin C.

From what I've heard the contamination radius is 5-6ft. So you would want to stay 2 arm lengths away. Just sayin, for anyone who might take this literal.
Also, Zinc helps your immune system.

Reactions: Webster

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
The major concern isn't the virus it's the overwhelming of our medical system. Could you imagine 20% of infected needing hospitalization at the same time? This could get really ugly or maybe these measures may make it manageable. If it is another Y2K I'm more than willing to give up sporting events, school, and large gatherings for a couple months to find out.
MN health officials said if things go as they have in other countries we have until May before hospitals become overwhelmed.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
A lot of claims about testing being available are being made. I know S. Korea has had drive through testing for weeks...it sounds perfect for our society. Would limit infection risk, big time.

Dickie Dunn, do you know if the Fairview sites are up and running?
I thought they were? They were showing videos of nurses standing outside wearing masks and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad