OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If the playoffs are pushed through July, will the draft be in August? Free agency directly afterwards?
Interesting question. I have no idea. But, I can’t imagine a world where it would actually work to push playoffs to end of July. Only thing I could see is them just calling the season as is and picking up when playoffs start.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Man, Rudy Gobert sure had a lapse in judgement, and that's putting it kindly.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So if they go by PPG, the Wild pick 11th, in a draft where the top 9 players are the ones you want?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So if they go by PPG, the Wild pick 11th, in a draft where the top 9 players are the ones you want?

If this draft is like any other, there will be at least 1-2 of those top 9 players that will be there at 11.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, at one time Askarov would've been in the top 10, but I don't think so anymore. At this point it's looking more like a Zary/Mercer sort of draft for us, not a Perfetti/Rossi.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at one time Askarov would've been in the top 10, but I don't think so anymore. At this point it's looking more like a Zary/Mercer sort of draft for us, not a Perfetti/Rossi.
Marco Rossi is 5’9. Any chance he falls due to size concerns?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Officially official now.

Interesting that it's paused and not cancelled, but it does seem prudent to keep options open for the time being. The virus seems to move differently through different countries based on variables that aren't all that well understood yet.

Annoying, but it's the right move.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Sounds like the goal is to resume play when the playoffs start, in Mid April, with the teams position in a playoff spot (ppg) in the playoffs. Wild finish 11th worse, just like last year. Either win a top 3 pick or don’t get passed in the draft so we can select 11th, the draft slot in which our resident game breaker was picked. Unlocked for everyone: What will the NHL season look like if it resumes after the...

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sounds like the goal is to resume play when the playoffs start, in Mid April, with the teams position in a playoff spot (ppg) in the playoffs. Wild finish 11th worse, just like last year. Either win a top 3 pick or don’t get passed in the draft so we can select 11th, the draft slot in which our resident game breaker was picked. Unlocked for everyone: What will the NHL season look like if it resumes after the...
Then why say they are suspending the season? Just admit to canceling the regular season and say you're gonna resume with the postseason. Don't give fans false hope.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Then why say they are suspending the season? Just admit to canceling the regular season and say you're gonna resume with the postseason.
I don’t think hey’ll admit to that yet because it’s not the confirmed plan of action, but I haven’t seen anything that suggests it’s really possible to makeup for the lost time. There’s still the idea that you could push back the end of the regular season, but there’s too many questions that come with that, I think. Too many accomodations would need to be made

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Then why say they are suspending the season? Just admit to canceling the regular season and say you're gonna resume with the postseason. Don't give fans false hope.

They don't know that they'll be able to resume for the postseason. What if nothing gets better or actually gets worse?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don’t think hey’ll admit to that yet because it’s not the confirmed plan of action, but I haven’t seen anything that suggests it’s really possible to makeup for the lost time. There’s still the idea that you could push back the end of the regular season, but there’s too many questions that come with that, I think. Too many accomodations would need to be made

Didn't something come out about them telling teams to get their arena's availability lined up for July?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So if they cancel the rest of the regular season that means lost revenue and next year's cap would go down, yes? Wonder if they give each team a compliance buyout... If they did, I'd struggle between using it on Parise or Zuccarello...

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think it would be cool to see the NHL devise either a best of 3 playoff format....or maybe even a single elimination tournament like the NCAAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->